Status: ahhhh screw it. I'll get around to updating this sometime soon.

Deadly Nightshade

Chapter Six.

I was completely aware of the searing pain pulsing through my body. I desperately tried to open my eyes or let out a scream, but nothing would happen. I was fading in and out of consciousness quickly, but could feel hands gripping me under my legs and back. I was sure they were the hands of the demon picking me up, but they were soft and warm. I slipped back into the comfortable darkness as I felt wind rush across my body. I welcomed the numbness.....anything to get me away from the pain.

~Three Days Later~

Have you ever simply.....woken up? It's the strangest feeling to be resting in complete silence and suddenly be wide-eyed and listening to the sounds of water sloshing in a bowl and someone humming.

"Oh! You're awake!" my eyes turned to see a slightly blurry young girl with long, wavy blonde hair. As I blinked, her delicate features came into view and I became jealous of her vibrant blue eyes. "I shall go tell the master of your wake." she giggled sweetly and sashayed out of the room. I sighed and tried to look at my surroundings.

It was very obvious that I was not in my room. An idiot could tell that. I just hoped that I hadn't been brought somewhere that would bring my death. I was tired and didn't want to have to fight for my life. The room was actually very beautiful.....The walls were black with detailed white borders and the deep mahogany furniture fit in perfectly. I was sitting on a huge bed with silky blood-red sheets and an equally soft black comforter. The crystal chandelier was hanging in the middle of the room and complemented the black curtains surrounding the four post bed I resided in. I even got tired of looking at the room because it was so beautiful.

I tensed as I heard heavy and fast footsteps in the hallway and my eyes widened as the black door swung open. Kain stood there for a moment with a dark look on his face, but it softened as he looked at my tensed body and frightened eyes.

“……I see you’re up.” He murmured. He took a step closer and fidgeted with his hands. “How are you feeling?”

I looked down at my bandaged arms. “Ummm…..good?” I said with a crooked smile. His soft lips curved up on one side.

“You’re a trooper.” He sat down on the edge of the bed and looked deep into my eyes. “I was so worried. I heard you scream and I didn’t get there fast enough. I was dealing with another demon. You weren’t moving and there was just so much blood. God, your blood smelled delicious…it was so distracting. You were in trouble and I wasn’t there for you! I…I…” he sighed and raked his fingers through his silky hair. “…I thought you were gone. But then your heart just jumped when I picked you up, and I knew you were living for me.” His voice wavered slightly at the end of his speech.

I sat up slowly and beckoned him over to me. When he scooted close enough, I slapped him half-heartedly. He jumped back a bit and stared at me with wounded dark eyes. “I’m fine! I’m alive. Don’t feel guilty.” I moved at him quickly and planted a soft kiss on his slightly scruffy cheek. “Thank you for saving me, Kain. I owe you.” I could see him blush and began to lie back on the bed, but one of his large hands shot out and cupped the back of my neck. His lips crushed against mine and I’m pretty sure I stopped thinking for a moment. Suddenly, everything he touched turned into fire. His hands were soft, yet had slight calluses, and his lips were softer and sweeter than anything I’ve ever known. My eyes fluttered closed after staring into his sensual dark eyes.

It’s so unfair that men get longer eyelashes than women.

He picked me up and dropped me onto his lap so I could embrace him better. If I was paying attention, I would have blushed at the feeling of his strong thighs underneath my own soft ones. I would have slapped him for putting his hands up my camisole and rubbing circles on my ribs. And I definitely would have had his head for grinding me into his lap that now had a prominent bulge settled in the middle. That boy will be the death of me.

Our kiss became more passionate as he let out a quiet groan and he collapsed on the bed. I finally came back to my senses and jerked away from him.

“….Oh my god!” I leapt backwards into the head board and patted my hair down. “You slut!” I gasped. Kain simply laid there with a smirk on his face and chuckled loudly.

“Well that was a change….Uhhm. I’ll be back in a second.” He said before rushing into what I assumed was the bathroom.

Well. That was different.
♠ ♠ ♠
Special thanks to Smanah!! for getting my ass in gear :D
It's short, but it's all I've got right now. lol