Status: Not done writing this? But like, you know, some things happen. Maynever be finished. ;d

Still Life.

Chapter one: Lifeless.

I’m drowning. I can’t breathe, the water is filling my mouth, then it’s going to my lungs, and I’m drowning. Those were the words that repeated in my mind as soon as the warm, long boney fingered hands pushed me down deeper into the black, black, cold water that was now consuming me whole. I don’t deserve this. I thought, fighting with my left-over strength. I smacked at her arms, coughing and gasping for breath. I knew it wasn’t worth it, I was dying already, why fight? Why not just let this water consume me once and for all?
“Why won’t you die already, you bitch?!” Rebecca swore, tugging at my hair and pushing me down some more. I clawed at her arms, pushing and pulling at them. I opened my eyes, then closed them as soon as they were threatened with the piercing cold water. I kicked my feet into the deep, no use. She was trying, I know she was trying. Rebecca Anderson, trying to kill me. I gasped for air, then I saw my life played out like a nursery rhyme, little by little it stretched out like a movie. It was like a dream, a good and bad one. I felt warm drops against my face, it was tears. I was crying, waiting to die. Then, all of the sudden these bright, blue and red lights were blinding my sight. Could it be cops? The ambulance? A fire truck? The pushing stopped, and I laid there, almost lifeless. I felt stronger, straining hands grasp my arms. I could tell that these hands were male, the firm grip and bulky fingers indicated this fact.
“We got her, let’s get her treated. Make sure that girl is handcuffed.” I heard the male’s voice murmur as he cradled me in his arms. I shivered, my shirt, sweats, bra and underwear were completely soaked, I could tell. I coughed up water, lots of it. The male wiped it off of my chin, I could hear his heart beat. I wanted to be out of the cold. My teeth shuttered.
“Make sure we take care of her clothes.” He ordered. I slowly opened my ice blue eyes, trying to make out shapes and faces. I felt like a small infant, seeing the world and hearing voices clearly for the first time. I slowly lifted my eyelids open all the way. Then reality hit, and I started to panic. I was having a nervous break down. I was in a stranger’s arms, cold, saved from a certain death and, most definitely, suffering from confusion. Rebecca Anderson, my ex-best friend, tried to kill me. I looked up at the stranger, he was holding me against his chest ever-so-slightly. I blinked, then stared ahead of me, my eyes automatically focusing on my almost killer, her smirk and tear stained face, staring at me.
Next thing I knew, I was placed in an ambulance, having a nervous break down, and a slight chance of keeping warm. My clothes were removed, then I was put into a robe-like gown. I was completely awake, but oblivious. I shivered, and then a blue and gray blanket was placed on me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short, yeah.