Status: Not done writing this? But like, you know, some things happen. Maynever be finished. ;d

Still Life.

Chapter Four: Waking up.

My mind was racing, I could hear my heart beat, maybe it was my pulse? I slowly opened my eyes, finding my mother and father’s worried faces peering at me like curious kittens, taking down their first prey. I tried not to reveal that I was awake, but my body decided differently.
“Clarissa, are you waking up?” My mom asked. Damn, I was caught. Slowly, I nodded. What had the doctors done to me?
“Clarissa, honey?” My dad said.
“Mom..” I croaked, my voice sounded weak and brittle, I wasn’t used to this.
“Oh, honey, you had your father and I worried sick.” She said, relief strong in her voice. I wasn’t at all used to this.
“I’m fine..” I answered, growing annoyed. I was definitely not used to this.
I looked around the white, bad smelling hospital room, trying to find a clock. Clocks shouldn’t be this hard to find, should they? Finally, locating a clock, I squinted. The red numbers on the digital clock, -why do people always use digital?- read 11: 35
“How long have I been asleep?” I asked, remembering Rebecca drug me out to the freezing lake around one A.M.
“A day and ten hours, you were in a ‘mini-coma’, “ Said my mom.
“Wait, a… mini-coma? What the hell is that?” I asked.
“Watch your language, and, it’s like a coma, but for a day. Basically.” She said. A mini-coma, wow. The sound of the hospital started to get on my nerves, so, requesting head phones and my iPod sounded like a grand idea.
“Hey, mom?” I said, before making my request, “Will you please go home and get me my iPod? It’s on my side table in my room.”
“Sure, honey. Right away,” She said. She seemed happy, happy to see me in a hospital bed?
“Thanks, oh and.. Can you grab my cell phone and it’s charger, too?” I asked before she walked out of the
“Yeah, yeah, “ She nodded. Slam, goodbye mom.
The hospital isn’t exactly peaceful, there is yelling, crying, laughing, murmurs, loud talking, slams, bangs and clashing. That isn’t even the half of it. I befriended a nurse-in-training, we both had two things in common. She hated being there, it was too loud, and she was trying to live up to her parent’s expectations. What is up with parents expecting so highly of their children, nowadays? It’s gotten too out of control, I knew it for a fact. I had to live with two of those types of parents. My dad, Paxtonville’s top lawyer, and my mom, Paxtonville’s top College professor, both expected very highly of me. So far, I wasn’t living up to their ‘standards’, yet.