A Demon's Mark

September 5th

On September 5th, I was going to step into PS 112 a junior. Pretty exciting, huh? It was for me. My whole life I had always felt like the little kids in school but finally, I was a upper class men. Didn't really feel like it though, knowing that I was 5 foot 2 and was known for being a little on the short side. Either way, I was stoked.

The morning before I left for school was pretty normal for a school day. Wake up, shake Jackson awake, pull out some granola bars from the cupboard (Mom loves that natural stuff) and watch the news for the twenty minutes before having to go try to wake up Jackson again.

Today was Jackson's first day of 8th grade which he found pretty exciting. "I'm the oldest in middle school!" He would shout as he stood up tall on top of a chair during dinner.

"You're still a youngster to me." I would say, sticking out my tongue while stuffing my face with mashed potatoes. At that point, mom would yell at him not to stand on the chair and so on. It was a very normal thing for my little brother to stand on stuff he wasn't supposed to be standing on.

When I took my first step out the door, my smile was wide and my hopes were high. That is, until my mom called me back in.

"Marie Chauser! Get back in here young lady!" There was only one time when my mother called me by my first name and that was either when she was angry or when she wanted me to do something. I swallowed hard as I stepped back into the condo and closed the door behind me.

"What is it mom?" I asked. I looked at the woman before me. She was slightly taller then me with the same chestnut brown hair that would sometimes wave into different directions but most of the time stayed in a manageable shape. She was pulling her high heals on as quickly as possible but failing at it due to her tight suit.

My mother was a working class woman. She worked hard for a single mother of two but in the process, lost her sense of humor and possibly her mind.

"After school today, you're visiting your grandmother," She said, looking back up at me with the same light green eyes as mine. I groaned loudly but she was unaffected. You haven't seen her in ages. She called yesterday and said that she wanted to see you. My mother is a busy woman so you know it's important if she's asking you to come over." Before I could get a word in my mother dashed passed me, kissed me lightly on the forehead and wished me a good day at school.

So much for wanting to hang out with friends afterwards.

I once again began my trek to school. The city became very familiar to me after living there basically all my life. I was four when I moved there so I really didn't know the place where I lived before. My mom never really told me much about it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah! The first chapter! Pretty boring, huh? Well expect the next chapter soon. I have a really good feeling about this mostly because I'm thinking about turning it into a book :D

I would self publish of course but still.

This story is 100% based off a dream I had. Of course I made up the most of the story and details after I was awake but the basic idea came from my dream. I found that kinda cool.

okay, feedback!

much love,
xxkitkat