A Demon's Mark

Calvin Fifer

PS 112 was a large, very bland looking building laying between a dry cleaners and a diner, neither of which looked to have been used in years. Hundreds of kids flooded the stairs leading into it but midway through me climbing them, two long and strong arms flung themselves around me.

"MC! Haven't seen you in ages! Where you been?" Tucker shouted in my ear as he held me in a long embrace.

"I saw you yesterday, idiot." I said, pushing myself out of his arms before laughing.
"I know but I missed you." Tucker pouted his lips at me but I ignored him and began walking up the steps again. He followed closely behind.

Tucker was my best friend. End of story. We had been best friends ever since the jungle gym when we both thought we had cooties. He was about a half a foot taller then me and only three days older then me, a fact that he would use against me at any given time. He was from asian decent and grew his hair out to about ear length; in other words, he was a good looking guy. He was always Mr.loved by the ladies but between all his dates, he was sleeping over at my house, playing Wii tennis and watching chick flicks.

Towards the middle of the day was my favorite class of them all; history. I was also blessed with one of the hottest teachers of all time and I was in the same class as Tucker. Score one for MC.

"Good afternoon class. I'm Mr.C. Just Mr.C." He shined a bright smile to the whole class and basically every girl in the room fell in love while all the boys sat there looking as bored as ever. "Alright, time for roll-call. Just say here when I call your name. Okay? Alright. Taylor Simmons?"

"Here."
"Samantha Adler?"
"Here."
"Marie Hayes?"
"Here. Could you please just call me MC?" I asked sweetly. He smiled at me as he nodded. I turned to Tucker, smiling happily. He flashed me a quick smile after he scribbled down the change and I felt my heart melt. Tucker then nudged me a bit and started making kissy faces at me. I proceeded to punch him in the arm.

"Tucker Chu?"
"Ouch!- Uh, here!" He said before rubbing the soon to be bruise on his arm.

"Ms.Hayes, please reframe from hitting the other students." He said in a sarcastic tone. Make that two times my heart has melted.

"Hester Mel?"
"Here."
"Trevor Yamen?"
"Here."
"Calvin Fifer?... Calvin Fifer?" Mr.C stood at the front of the room, scanning each face but no one was reacting. At that exact second, the door burst open and a dash of light flashed by the front of the room.

In walked Calvin Fifer, aka, one of the most annoying, self-centered and self loving people in the world. He quickly ran towards the window side of the room and took the seat as far in the back. He proceeded to sit back in his chair as if he's been there the whole time.

"Uh... Calvin Fifer?" Mr.C said once more, staring directly at Calvin.

"Hey teach." He said, giving a small, smug grin. All of the girls in the room (aside from myself) set their gaze upon him

"Two things. Call me Mr.C and get to class on time. Next time you're late you'll be staying after school with me, filing papers. Doesn't sound like fun, huh?" Sure sounds like fun to me. I thought to myself, day dreaming about our wedding which I knew would never happen.

The class continued, you know, the basic first day of school talks about what we're going to be learning about and all that jazz. When the bell rang both Tucker and I stood up at the same time, as we were walking out the door, Calvin shot in front of us, causing me to tumble backwards slightly and then fall on my butt. Needless to say, I wasn't happy.

"Watch where you're going, jerk!" I shouted as Tucker helped me up from the floor. Calvin stopped in his tracks and turned on the heal of his foot. He stared at me for a quick second and then his very famous idiot of a smirk crossed his face.

"Sorry DJ, but you were in my way." He said, smiling as sweetly as possible.
"My name is MC." His smile was quickly whipped from his face.
"Right, I know that." He said.

Calvin and I don't really have any history aside from the fact that I've always kind of hated him. He was immature, annoying and thought that he was hot stuff. This all added up to make a very intolerable boy that was always in at least one of my classes.

When the dismissal bell finally rang, I was in no rush to leave the building. I dragged myself slowly through the halls thinking to myself the exact directions as to how to get to Grandma's house. It wasn't that I didn't like my grandmother it's just that she was... well, crazy. Rather then being a conventional "here's a perspiration, take one pill a day and come back in a week" doctor, she was a spiritual healer. When people felt like there was some evil force making them sick, they would go to her and she'd make them drink tea or whatever. I personally thought it was a bunch of garbage but my mother seemed to take it very seriously and she was very pushy whenever my grandma would call for a visit.

Whenever I did visit, she would make me sit there and watch as she treated people and told them that they either had good vibes or bad vibes. I usually would sit on the couch staring at the ceiling, waiting for five o' clock to roll around so that I could leave.

Today was quiet different.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah...
I've had this written for a really long time but I've just been a lazy ass...

Many sorries?

Much love,
xxkitkat