‹ Prequel: Hospital

Tragedy Strikes

Music Video

"Let's have really hot sex," I say as Franky and I are watching TV at his place.

"Really?"

"Nah."

"Tease."

"Okay, I could get used to that," I say laughing as he pulls me into a kiss.

"I love you anyway."

"Did you say you loved me?" I gasp as I look him in the eye.

"Like you didn't know already," he says trying to be cool about it.

"I knew, but you never said it," I say wide-eyed. He starts to turn red. "I love you too."

"Y-you do? You're not just saying that?" he says looking at me straight in the eye.

"Yeah." I nod, "You've always been something else, not like anyone else. You drive me crazy, I love you." I kiss his lips again.

We start making out right there on the couch, forgetting everything; including the fact his sister and dad are home. The door bell rings and we pull away from each other.

"Oh hey Billie." We over-hear Tre say from a distance. "She's here actually." The two rockers come into the living room where Franky and I went back to innocently watching television.

"Hey Bill Friend," I say casually.

"Hey Sadie, Franky," Bill Friend says chuckling, "Got some good news for you."

"Really?" I say intrigued.

"Yeah, Tragedy Strikes is getting one promotional music video."

"A music video! Holy crap!" I say excitedly, "Are you friggin' serious?"

"Yeah, but its low budget, so its basically we're going to film footage from one of your gigs," he says in a downer tone.

"COOL!" I yelp.

"When's your next gig?"

"Umm, next Friday," I say trying to remember the schedule, "at the Skunk Club."

***

"Holy fuck, holy fuck, holy fuck!" Chicklet gibbers as she paces back and forth.
"Strikers!" the director yells. That's what he called us--'Strikers.' "I'd like to get some pre-show shots."

"Alright," I say, nodding.

"So let's just get a few shots of you setting up, dealing with your nerves, remember don't look directly at the camera." It takes forever just to get the right shots of me putting the guitar strap over my head. After all the 'pre-show' shots the director starts talking into her little head set.

"Okay, camera's are set up, Strikers, you're on now!" she yells. We run on stage and start playing one of our songs as we try to ignore the cameras watching our every move. We play the three scheduled songs then make our way off stage, and to our relief the crazy director lady was gone and replaced with Angelo, Jesse and Franky.

"You were great, babe," Franky mumbles into my ear as he holds himself close to me.

"Thanks," I say as I peck at his lips.

"Clear the side!" someone yells. We gather up our stuff and head out into the parking lot.

"There they are!" The director person yells. "Oh this could be a good place to shoot as well."

"Huh?" I say as the camera person follows behind her.

"Let's have a medium close up of Sadie.,"she gibbers, "just continue what you were doing, don't mind us." This woman was crazy, sort of hard to act normal when a camera is in your face. And I was just about to snog Franky. Twenty minutes later the director finishes up and the crew disappears.

"I thought they'd never leave," I say as I sling my arms around Franky's neck and peck at his lips. We end up making out on the hood of the car, my bandmates had gone off with their boyfriends, probably back into the concert hall.