‹ Prequel: Hospital

Tragedy Strikes

Birthday

As I'm brushing my teeth about to head out to school the door bell rings. I spit out the toothpaste and run to the door. I open it to find Franky standing there smirking.

"Hey babe," I say, pecking his lips. I look at his clothing, jeans and a tight black tee, "I thought you went to private school."
"We're playing hooky today," he says proudly.
"Oh yeah, and why's that."
"Because its your birthday," he says, obviously proud of himself.
"And how would you know that." I let him in and head back into the washroom where I finish brushing my teeth.
"I have my sources."
"Chicklet or Kimmy?"
"Chicklet." He laughs as he leans against the doorway. "OH! I got you a present."
"I didn't tell you for a reason." I say rolling my eyes, "I hate the way people act on birthdays."

"Okay, I won't treat it like its your birthday," he says, holding out a small box for me that he produced out of his pocket.

"Now, does a boyfriend need a reason to get his girlfriend a present," I giggle as I open the box. I pull out the small item. A bluish-black beaded bracelet, the beads looked almost glass like, they had a Chinese inscription on every bead.

"It's for good luck." I slip in on my wrist then wrap my arms around his neck.

"I love you," I mumble into his neck as we stand there for a good long while.

"So what does one do on a day of hooky?" I ask as I fix my hair.
"Anything you want."
"What if I want to go to school?"
"Lies!" Franky exclaims as he picks me up and carries me out of the washroom.
"Put me down!" I laugh. He drops me on the couch and 'falls' on top of me. One hand on either side of me. "Who said I want this?" I ask as I loosely sling my arms around his neck.

"I want this," I roll of the couch so that Franky is lying on the floor and I'm on top of him.
"Let's go out," I say, heading to the door.
"Awe!" He yells as he runs after me. I lock the front door and we get into his car. "I like making out in the car too."
"You're too horny for your own good," I laugh as he starts up the car. I give him a real kiss and we drive off. "Let's mess around at the mall."
"Okay," he says, turning the corner.

"Oh! We must go to the arcade," I say excitedly as we get out of the car and walk towards the mall entrance.
"Really!" Franky squeals, "You're not going to take me shopping for boring girly things."
"No I wouldn't do that to you," I say pulling him into a kiss. "Maybe bikini shopping though."
"Are you serious?" he asks wide eyed.
"I'll think about it," I laugh as we make our way inside the shopping center. "Let's take the elevator." I press the button to signal the elevator.

"Hey I found a marker in my pocket." Franky says revealing a mini-sharpie.
"What will you do with such discovery Mr. Wright?" I laugh as the elevator doors open.

"I shall uhh," He stutters as I press the button for the top floor, "Write our names!" he turns to the elevator wall and writes Sadie + Frankie inside a heart.

"I shall seal it with a kiss of approval," I laugh as I kiss the inked spot of wall.
"No!" he shouts, "Kiss here." He points to his lips. I roll my eyes and grab the back of his head, pulling him into a kiss. Just then the elevator doors open and we step out, turning left towards the arcade.

We exchange our money for quarters and start playing every game in sight.
"Oh shit." Frankie says pulling me to the back of the arcade, he was hyper-venitilating.
"What's wrong?"
"Ramona!"
"She's here." I say peering around the corner, but he pulls me back.
"Probably her lunch hour!" Franky says starting to panic.
"Franky! Chill!" I say looking him in the eye. "She's not going to see you."
"What if she does, then she'll tell my mom, and I'll get grounded and-"
"Frankie you're having a panic attack, an irrational one." I say as I tie up my hair and put on my sun glasses.

"Where are you going?" he exclaims, freaking out.
"I'm going to see where Ramona is." I hiss as I step out of the arcade. I see her on the escalator mouth to mouth with a dark haired guy. I roll my eyes laughing and head back to the arcade where I find Franky sitting on the seat of the Star Wars game.

"I don't think she'll notice us," I laugh.
"What?"
"She's too busy exchanging saliva with a dark haired guy to notice us."
"Oh yeah, her boyfriend works at the music store." Franky laughs. "Sorry for freaking out on you...again."
"No problem," I laugh as we go back to the air hockey table where we had started our game several minutes earlier. "I love my neurotic fool of a boyfriend."
"Really?"
"It makes for interesting events," I laugh.

After playing a couple more games we head down to the food court, it was a safe time to go, it was already two o'clock. We got a couple of hot dogs and ate them as we walked around the mall.

"so what about this bathing suit shopping you spoke of?" Franky asks evilly.
"Maybe later." I laugh as I go to throw out the napkins from my lunch. I glance over to see a photo booth. "Got any quarters left?"

"Uhh yeah," Franky says digging through his pocket. "Two dollars." I look in my pocket to see I have about the same amount. I grab his hand and pull him into the booth. We take the four pictures and just as I'm about to get out Franky pulls me onto his lap and starts kissing my neck. I adjust myself on his lap to meet my lips against his. Suddenly in the commotion we hear a knocking. I look to see a pair of security guard shoes. I get out awkwardly.

"My boyfriend's foot got stuck in between the seat and the wall." I say innocently as Franky casually makes his way out of the booth as well.

"Here's your pictures," the security guard says, handing me the strip of pictures. "Don't make me talk to you again."

"Yes sir." Franky says nodding, I can tell he was trying not to laugh. We walk away in the opposite direction of the mall security guard.

"So you see your sister and freak out, we get caught by a security guard and you start laughing." I mock.

"Well that guy can only call our parents if we steal something, but Ramona will tell if she sees us." I roll my eyes as I link arms with him and pull him into a unisex clothing store. Sort of a privately owned Hot Topic, the store is called X-99.

"I like this store," Franky says looking at the wall of band tees. I go over to the more feminine clothing and pluck a black and red bikini off the rack. Franky looks over at me.

"I'm going to try this on," I say heading to the back of the store where the changing booths are. I see him smirk evilly as I close the door behind myself. I put on the bikini and it's a perfect fit so I open the door to show Franky.

"What do you think?" I ask turning around slowly. His smirk was all the answer I needed.
"You look HOT!" he exclaims. I laugh as I go back into the changing booth to put back my clothes. "No! don't change back."

I step out of the changing room and head over to the cash. "I'll take this." I say to the clerk with about a billion lip piercings. He scans the items and I pay for my new bikini.

"I love you!" Franky says as he sees the bag in my hand.
"I know," I laugh. "Hey let's leave this joint."
"Sure gal," he says linking arms with me and we head to the entrance of the mall.

"Hmm, we can't go home for another half hour." Franky pouts as he looks at his watch.
"Is there a park or something we can go to?"
"Yeah, I know a park." Franky says as he starts up his car.
"Is it near your house?" I ask as we head down one of the main streets.
"Yeah, about five minutes away."
"Cool," I say pulling my legs up to my chest as he drive confidently down the street.

"Is that it?" I ask as we pull up to a very green park.
"Yeah," he says, smiling as we climb out of the parked car. He puts his arms around my waist as we go to sit by the water fountain. "Hey Sadie."
"Yeah," I say leaning my head against his chest.
"I was wondering if you'd..."
"I'd what?" I ask nervously.
"This going to sound stupid, but come to prom with me," he asks as he scratches the back of his neck, "I know prom is a prep thing but-"
"I'd love to," I say giggling, "You're a grad, you're seventeen though."
"Yeah, but I turn eighteen this summer."
"Oh right, you're a year older than me," I say nodding. "So when's your prom?"
"Two weeks."
"Bah, can't believe I leave for touring in three weeks, seems so unreal."
"Yeah," he says as he kisses the top of my head.

We end up lying around on the park bench for another half hour before we get back into the car to head to Franky's house.

"Oh good my mom's not home." He says as he pulls into the garage, "She'd kind of be wondering what happened to my uniform." I just laugh. "So do you want to go swimming?"
"Yeah sure, got to break in my new bathing suit," I say laughing.

We head inside and I get changed in the washroom as Franky goes off to his room. I'm ready first so I wait patiently in the hallway for him to come out.
"Hi hot stuff." I say looking him over, he had a NICE chest. He laughs and picks me up proudly, "Nice ass."

"I know, it's gorgeous isn't it." He says as he goes down the stairs, "You got a nice one too." I feel him pat my ass.
"Towels," I say just as he's about to open the patio door.
"They're some on the clothes line," he says as he continues outside.
"Wait, are you going to-" but it was too late, he had thrown me in the water.

"JERK!" I yell laughing as he jumps in inches away from me. "Now you must gimme a piggy back." I say as I grab his shoulder and warp my legs around him.
"But-but-but." He fake cries as he starts to wade through the pool, "I can't kiss you like this."

"Too bad." I say childishly as I kiss his neck, "I'll do all the kissing."
"But I wanna." He whines. I laugh as I kiss his neck some more. He lets out a moan then turns beet red.
"Did you just moan?" I laugh.
"No." he says clearing his throat.
"Yeah you did." I laugh, "So you like it when I kiss you," I kiss him on the same spot on his neck, "here?" he shivers.
"Stop." He hisses.
"Why?" I ask as I kiss that spot again.
"You're making me hard," I just laugh as I release him from my grip.

I back away a bit and he pulls my hand and holds me against himself. His nose brushes against mine as his hands take their place on my hips. His breathing is heavy as I catch a glint of his smirk. The smirk I friggin melt for every damn time. His open lips press against mine and he pries my lips open and his tongue slips past my teeth and rubs against my tongue. I pull my mouth away from his and start sucking on the 'special spot' on his neck. He moans a bit louder this time around, I smile against his soft skin. I feel his hands move up and down my back smoothly, feels so good. Along with his hands, I feel his boner poking me through his bathing suit, but I don't mind.

The sound of Claudia's car pulling into the driveway is enough to stop us.
"Shit." I say under my breath as I pull away from Franky's loving arms. He rolls his eyes. "Might want to get rid of that boner."

"Yeah," He mumbles looking down at his crotch. I swim across the pool and pull myself up to sit on the edge.

"Hey you two," Claudia says from the patio door.
"Hi Claudia," I say innocently.
"He-hey mom." Franky says nervously. She smiles before closing the door and disappearing from sight.
"Gonna put that thing away?" I tease.
"I'm going to have to...umm...jack off so-" he says as he puts his hand down his shorts. I giggle for a second before pushing myself from the pools edge and swimming over to him.

"Allow me." He looks stunned at me for a moment. He slowly pulls his hands out of his shorts and I put mine. I clasp my hand around his hardened member and move it. I see his eyes roll back as I do such thing.

"Sadie." He mumbles as his eyelids fall shut. "Mmm." I continue this action till I realize he's cummed. "Oh god Sadie."
"Shut-up." I laugh as I swim to the pool stairs.
"Where are you going?"
"I'm getting out, I'm cold."
"I see that." He jokes as he makes it obvious he's looking at my chest.

I grab a towel off the clothes line and wrap it around me. He climbs out of the pool and grabs himself a towel as well. We walk over to the wooden bench near the house and spoon there for a while.

"Hey you two," Tre says from behind us.
"Hey."
"Hey Dad."
"So, you have fun skipping school?" he questions.
"How? How did you know?" I ask shifting my eyes nervously.
"I just do." He says smugly. "I know everything."
"You're not going to tell my dad are you?" I ask paranoid.
"No, but only because its your birthday, next time you two skip I'm telling and you my boy will be in deep shit."
"Fair enough." Franky says loosening his grip from me.
"And remember I know everything." Tre laughs as he heads back up the porch stairs. "And Frankito for all our sakes add more chlorine to the pool." The patio door clinks shut a millisecond after he says those words.

"He knows!" I hiss as Franky gets up to go to the shed on the far end of the yard. I follow quickly behind him.
"Yeah so he said he wouldn't tell," Franky says shrugging as he opens the door to the shed door.
"No, not that!" I say frantically, "that I gave you a hand job."
"What? No." Franky says chucking.
"And Frankito for all our sakes add more chlorine to the pool." I quote, "To kill your cum."
"Shit," Franky says wide eyed as he carries the chlorine container to the pool filter.
"Yeah!" I shriek.
"Well he didn't freak out and he's probably not going to tell you dad so we're in the clear," he mumbles as he pours a couple of scoops of chlorine to the water.
"But still he knows! He was either watching us or he heard you."
"Stop talking," Franky says disturbed, "Just stop thinking about it."
"Fine," I say as he puts away the container of chlorine.

"Sadie!" Claudia calls from the house, "Your cell phone's ringing." I run up to the house and she hands me my cell phone. I press the green phone button and put the phone to my ear.

"Hello?"
"Hey Sadie, where are you?"
"I'm at Franky's, he picked me up."
"Don't forget dinner at your mom's tonight."
"Right." I say nodding, "I'll be home soon, kay Dad?"
"Yeah, remember we have to leave the house around six."
"Yup, see you in a bit," I say as I end the call.

"What's going on?" Franky asks as he walks up to me.
"My dad just called to find out where I was." I say running a hand through my damp hair. "Dinner at my mom's tonight, you wanna come?"
"Sure," he says as his face lights up, "She won't mind?"
"Not at all." I laugh as I slide open the patio door. "She thinks you have cute smile."
"Awe," Franky says in slight mockery as we cross the kitchen.

We each go our separate ways to get dressed and we meet up downstairs. Franky has his blue hair spiked up and he's looking slick.

"You clean up nice Wright." I say laughing as he smirks evilly. "Let's go?"
"Yup," I say as we head out to the garage and get into his car.

The drive back to my house is surprisingly quick, usually there's buttloads of traffic at this time.
"Hey kid." My dad says as we enter the house. "Oh hey Franky."
"Hey," Franky says waving in a joking manor.
"He's coming for dinner too?"
"Yup." I answer as I head towards my room.
"D'you call your mom and tell her?"

"I'll do it now," I mumble as I thump back into the kitchen and pick up the phone, I dial her number and the answering machine goes off. "Hey mom, guess you're not home yet, just letting you know that Franky is coming for dinner too. Bye." I hang up the phone and head into my room. Franky stays in the main part of the house due to house rules.

I change my clothes, fix my hair and re-apply my eyeliner before returning to the main part of the house where Franky and my dad are talking.

"Hey, whatcha talking about?" I ask as I lean against the kitchen counter next to Franky and across from my dad.
"Soccer cup," My dad answers, "I'm still saying Spain has serious potential."
"That a crack of shit, Germany is going to make it far." Franky persists.
"Franky, isn't your dad German?"
"Yeah."
"Isn't your opinion bias?"
"Shh," he says as me and my dad start to laugh.

"Well we should get going." My dad says as he catches a glimpse of the kitchen clock. We lock up and head out of the house to my dad's car, Franky and I sit in back. The drive is relatively short. We pile out of the car and up the front steps of my mom's house. I ring the doorbell twice before letting myself in.

"Hey Sadie," My mom says happily as she comes over to me and pulls me into a tight hug, "Seventeen."
"Yeah," I laugh.
"And hi Franky," My mother says enthusiastically, she turns to my father, "Mark."

"Well supper's ready," my mother says leading us into the dining room, where the table is set. She disappears into the kitchen and returns with a platter of lasagna. Every year my parents swallow their pride and we have dinner together on my birthday, it's awkward as hell but they think it's a GREAT idea.