‹ Prequel: Hospital

Tragedy Strikes

Franky's Birthday

Today is Franky's birthday and tomorrow Tragedy Strikes leaves for touring. Yesterday was the last day of school. It's not actually our tour, we're just opening for a band called Warped Battery, they're pretty popular. All guys except for the bassist, she's Asian and has bright blue hair.

"Have everything packed?" my dad asks coming into my room.

"Yeah," I say glancing around me room at my huge-ass suitcase. "I'm going to Franky's now."

"You want a lift?"

"Sure," I grab Franky's gift off my dresser and head out.

We arrive at Franky's house, I look at the clock; 9:45 AM. Only Tre knew I was coming today, I told Franky I was busy all day and would only come this evening. I walk up to the door and ring the doorbell in a matter of seconds Ramona answers it.

"Hey, Mona," I say smiling.

"Hey, don't be perky I didn't have my coffee yet," she says heading into the kitchen.

"Is Franky still asleep?"

"Think so," I smirk and quietly head up the stairs and head to Franky's room.

I slowly turn the door knob, opening the door and creeping in. His blankets are flung off the bed, revealing the boxer attired Franky. He's lying face down with his leg dangling off the edge. I place my bag on the floor and creep up next to him and slide onto the bed. I pinch his nose and he suddenly starts gasping for air. I let go and kiss his cheek.

"Hey Baby." I say giggling. He smirks and wraps his arms around me.

"You said-"

"I'm a compulsive liar," he starts to tickle me and I burst out laughing. "Stop!" I can't help but go through another laughing fit.

"I can't hear you if you're laughing," he says as he tickles my sides even more.

"I'll piss in your bed!" I yelp and he stops. "Oh I got you a gift," I say about to get up but he pulls me back. "Don't you want it?"

"Don't leave me alone," he says in mockery of The Sixth Sense. I giggle and wrap my arms around him.

"Too bad, I know you would've liked it," I sigh as I bury my face in his neck.

"Oh well, I think-"

"Now where is that spot."

"Huh?"

"Oh!" he gasps as I find it. "No, no, my parents are home, my sister is home," he whispers worriedly as he glances at his open bedroom door.

"Okay later," I giggle as I get up to get his gift. I pull the box out of my bag and carry it over to him. "Here you go."

"Umm, no."

"What do you mean no?"

"I dunno," he laughs as he opens the box. "Extra thick guitar strings?"

"Open them," I mumble, he does to reveal they're neon green.

"This is the shit," he laughs as he kisses my lips.

"There something else," I nudge him. he digs through the tissue paper and retrieve a silver chain with one of the beads from my bracelet on it. "Thought you could use some luck too," he attaches it around his neck.

"Does it make me look sexy?"

"You already looked sexy," I giggle.

"Well, you came too early," he mutters, "I haven't showered or anything," he gets up and heads over to his drawer, "Now you have to wait for me to get prettified."

"Alright," I sigh as I make myself comfortable on his bed, "I'll take a nap, woke up too early anyway," I say laying my head on his pillow.

"Alright," he says grabbing some clothes out of his drawer and then a pair of board shorts from his closet. He leaves the room and I stare at the four walls which are completely covered in band posters including a mock up poster for Tragedy Strikes. I can't believe he took one. I stare at it for a second, in the poster me, Chicklet and Kimmy are standing in front of a brick wall. I'm in the middle holding up my guitar vertically, Kimmy is to my making an 'X' with her drumsticks and Chicklet is to the left with her bass resting on her feet. Above our heads in graffiti writing is Tragedy Strikes.

Franky's bed smelt nice. I can't help but laugh lightly at this thought. I hug the pillow and close my eyes.

I feel something go across my side. I don't bother to open my eyes for another thirty seconds. I see Franky lying next to me his big blues staring at me.

"About time," he chuckles.

"You've only been here for thirty seconds," I say sitting up.

"I've been in the room for like seven minutes, I've been lying next to you for five minutes."

"Oh," I laugh, I guess it was a bit more than thirty seconds. "So what do you wanna do today?"

"Well, I was planning on sleeping most of my day away, then mope around till you came over, but-" he hugs me tightly. "Do you wanna go biking?"

"Uh."

"I have an extra bike," he says into my ear.

"Yeah sure," I say as we get up. I grab my shoes as we head to the garage.

I follow him to the back of the garage where an assortment of bikes are sitting. He hands me a helmet and takes one for himself.

"Safety first," he says in an old lady voice.

"Indeed," I laugh as I put it on my head.

"Uhh," he says scratching the back of his head. "This one should be good for you," he points at a red mountain bike.

"This your old one?" I ask as I wheel it to the garage door.

"Yeah, too small for me now," he says as he wheels a bigger mountain bike to the door. he presses the button and the door opens. We get on the bikes and head out.

"Did you have breakfast yet?" he calls as we bike down the street.

"Sorta."

"What's sorta?"

"Juice," I laugh.

"Okay, let's grab some Mc Donald's or something," he says as we turn onto one of the main streets. I nod and we continue down the street before we appear in front of the Mc Donalds. We chain up our bikes and head inside.

"So what do you want?" I ask as we stand in line.

"I want the toy!" he says childishly, I just laugh as I pull my wallet out of my pocket. "Put that away."

"Nope," I say shaking my head, "I'm buying you breakfast."

"Put your wallet away."

"It's your birthday."

"You said you didn't like how people acted on birthdays," he says, cocking an eyebrow evilly, "If you don't let me pay you're being a hypocrite," I cross my arms and pout for a second.

"Smile or you won't get a happy meal," he warns. I put on a big cheesy smile.

"I want an egg mcmuffin," I mock pout. He just laugh as he step up to the cashier. He orders our food and we go to eat it outside because Franky says the neon lights are for brainwashing.

After we finish up our food I glance at my watch and see it's already eleven. We get on our bikes and continue down the bike path till we get to a wooded area.

"What is this place?" I call after Franky.

"Just follow me," he calls back as he takes one of the foot paths, I bike closely behind him till we reach a clearing and a field. "This is an awesome place for biking." I look over the terrain its all bumpy and further down there's a mound of dirt or soil or something.

"Cool," I say smirking, he smiles back and starts off on one of the "tracks."

We bike around for what must be an hour, maybe more when it starts to rain lightly. I catch up with Franky.

"Maybe we should head back," I suggest, "Or else we'll be stuck in the mud."

"Nah. It's not raining that hard" he says shrugging and suddenly there's a clap of lightning and the rain pours down harder.

"Care to reiterate?" he just laughs as we head back through the wooded area and back onto the street. It takes us about fifteen minutes to get back to his house so by the time we get there we're soaked.

"You look good wet," he says as we put away the bikes. I just laugh and we head inside.

"You're soaked!" Claudia exclaims at the site of us, "where did you go?"

"Biking," Franky says shrugging.

"Where? A lake?" she says running a hand through her hair. "Well Sadie, you can borrow some of Ramona's clothes and I'll put yours in the dryer."

"Was my name called?" Ramona calls from the next room.

"YES!" Franky calls in the most annoying voice ever. Ramona comes into the hallway where we're standing.

"Can you lend Sadie some clothes?" Claudia asks in a sort of way where she already knows the answer.

"Yeah, c'mon," Ramona says nodding her head towards the stairs, I follow her to her room. She goes over to her closet and pulls out a pair of jeans, "These should fit you," she hands them to me and goes over to her drawer, "Your pick," I look in the drawer at the assortment of t-shirts and grab a plain black one.

"Thanks," I say awkwardly.

"I'll just get you a towel," she mumbles as she heads into the hallway. She returns a second later with a blue towel, hands it to me and leaves the room. I dry off best I can and change into her clothes.

I gather up the towel and my wet clothes and step into the hallway in search of someone who can tell me what the hell to do with my wet clothes. I decide my best bet is to go into Franky's room. I open the door to see his sexy ass on display.

"Nice," I giggle. He pulls on his boxers and turns around, not out of embarrassment, I've seen his sexy ass before.

"Like what you see?" he laughs as he goes over to his dresser and pulls on a shirt. He finishes getting dressed then gathers up his wet clothes and leads me downstairs to the laundry room. He throws his clothes in a laundry basket and puts mine in the dryer.

"So now what do we do?" I ask as we walk down the hallway.

"I'm hungry!" Franky announces proudly, "Give me a piggy back to the kitchen," He throws himself at my back causing me to collapse on the floor in a fit of laughs as he starts to tickle me.

"Dear God," Ramona says as she catches sight of us. She rolls her eyes and walks away. I push Franky off of me and walk towards the kitchen. Franky catches up to me just as I step into the kitchen.

We find Tre reaching looking through one of the cupboards, standing on his toes.

"Whatcha looking for?" Franky asks somewhat amused.

"Ahh birthday boy," Tre laughs, "Have you seen the cocoa puffs?"

"I think Ramona finished them off," Tre sighs as he walks out of the kitchen.

I boost myself up so I'm sitting on the counter as Franky goes to open the fridge.
"What to eat, what to eat, what to eat?" he mumbles under his breath. He opens the freezer and pulls out a carton of chocolate ice cream. I get off the counter and head over to the cupboard and grab a bag of chips.

"Ice cream is best with chips," I state as he gets a couple of bowls out.

"And how'd you figure this out?" he questions as he scoops the ice cream into the bowls.

"I was eating ice cream, Kimmy was eating chips, she went to the washroom and told me not to touch her chips, of course I had to spite her," I explain, he just laughs as he dumps a handful of chips onto the ice cream. I grab a couple of spoons as he puts away the food and we head into the living room.

We plop down on the couch and start channel surfing as we eat our not so healthy snack. Franky finally stops on the movie network for Fast and the Furious either 6 or 7, I'm not really sure any more. I put my empty bowl on the coffee table and as I go to sit back down my leg twinges.

"Ack!"

"What?" Franky says looking at me strangely.

"Nothing, just a leg cramp," I say trying to ignore the sting. He smirks.

"I'll make it bette," he takes my leg and starts rubbing my thigh, "Here?" I nod.

"You're shameless," I say laughing slightly. He shrugs and lets go of my leg and puts his lips against mine and his arms around me. Damn, I guess knowing I'm leaving tomorrow is making both of us overly-horny.

"Break it up!" Tre yells. I open my eyes and part lips with Franky as I see Tre continue on his way. I put my head in my hands in embarrassment.

"We should start going to my house," I mumble, "Less traffic," I glance out the window and see its still raining.

"You're telling me," Franky says as we go back to watching the movie. "The only person who hasn't walked in on us is my mom."

"I wanna keep it that way," I say pulling my feet together so I'm sitting like an Indian.

The movie comes to an end just as we smell supper.
"Mmmm...food...gaahhh," I say in mock Homer Simpson.

"Now Homie, don't go eating all the food again," Franky says in a pretty good impression of Marge Simpson.

"Dad says supper's ready," Ramona says from the doorway, "And now you're role playing? You weird horny fucks," Franky and I just burst out laughing as we head into the dining room.

I take my usual seat next to Franky, Ramona across from us, Claudia at the head of the table to my left and Tre on the other end. Tonight it's Franky's favorite, Chinese food. There's also some sushi for Tre. I'm not one for sushi so I stick to the beef broccoli and chow mein. It's with Franky that I learnt how to use chopsticks, it's pretty easy second time around.

I help everyone clear the table, well Franky didn't help because Claudia wouldn't let him. In the kitchen Tre got a cake and pie out. I personally think it's an awful lot of dessert for just five people but I won't mess with their traditions or something.

"Tre, put that away," Claudia says rolling her eyes as she points at the pie.

"Nope, he's turning eighteen, special," Tre smirks.

"Yeah, I got it when I was eighteen, its only fair," Ramona says as I stand there cluelessly.

"Fine, but if you get it on the walls or all over the chairs you're cleaning it up."

"Fine with me," Tre says happily. I grab the stack of plates off the counter and we back into the dining room, Tre leading the way with the pie.

"Happy Birthday Boy-o!" Tre says as he smashes the cream pie into Franky's face. He pulls the tin pan off of his face.

"Whip cream," he laughs as he licks the area around his mouth.

"Here little brother," Ramona says tossing him a dishtowel. Meanwhile I'm trying to contain a giggle fit. I see even Claudia is trying not to laugh.

"Happy Birthday," she says placing the cake with flaming candles in front of him.

"Make a wish," Franky's eyes lock with mine as he blows out the candles.

Several pieces of cake later, and several gifts later Franky and I find ourselves bored out of our minds again. I lye on the sofa upside down.

"I heard if enough blood rushes to your head, it makes you loopy," I say randomly.

"Is it working?" Franky asks as he too lies upside down.

"Nope," I mumble. "Hey what's that?" I ask rolling off the sofa and going up to the TV unit.

"What's what?"

"DDR!" I laugh as I pull out the box.

"That's Ramona's, from when she was like ten."

"Does it still work?" I ask laughing.

"Think so," I open the box and pull out the mats. Franky has his head in his hands as he starts laughing. "You're not serious."

"I'm seriously bored," I say plugging it into the TV. Franky sighs and gets up to unfold the second mat.

"Play me some old school techno," I step on the mat to chose the level and the music.

We start stepping along to the TV instructor in a constant outburst of laughing. We play about three games when we hear someone laughing. We whip around to see Ramona standing behind us.

"I challenge you!" Franky yells as he points at her.

"I'll beat your ass," Ramona says as I step off my mat and she takes my place. They start up and suddenly I get an awesome idea. I pull out my cell phone and start filming Franky.

"Boo yeah! I win! In your face!" Franky says proudly as Ramona shakes her head in shame. "Wait did you film that?"

"Yeah," I giggle, "Something has to get me through touring."

"No one else better see that," he says, I nod.

"Well, DDR got boring," I sigh as Tre walks into the room.

"You guys didn't tell me you were playing DD," he says excitedly.

"We were just going to-" I say slowly.

"Ramona, I challenge you."

"Second challenge of the night," she sighs.

"Damn straight," Tre says as Franky and I leave the room, I catch glimpse of outside, its still raining down hard.

"What do we do now?" Franky asks as he falls to the floor dramatically in the main hall. I lie on the floor next to him until he suddenly sits up. He runs up the stairs and slides down the banister. I laugh as I too run up the stairs. I slide down, but when I hit the ground my leg muscle stings with pain.

"MOTHER FUCKER!" I yell.

"You okay?" Franky asks coming up to me and rubbing my leg.

"Argh!" he stops, "Don't touch my leg."

"What happened?" Ramona asks running into the hall.

"Pulled a fucking muscle," I grunt.

"Franky, help her up," Ramona says as she puts one of my arms over her shoulders, Franky takes the other and they help me up the stairs. "Used to happen to me all the time when I played badminton," I nod as I limp up the stairs. They lead me into the washroom and sit me on the toilette. Franky stands at the doorway of the washroom just as confused as I am as Ramona turns on the tap for the tub. She digs through the medicine cabinet and retrieves a powder.

"Muscle relaxer," she explains as she pours some into the tub. "And as perverse as this sounds, take off your jeans," I lean against Franky for balance as I painfully remove my jeans. He puts me in the tub and as my leg hits the hot water I hiss for a second but then I adapt. "Usually takes about twenty minutes."

The phone starts ringing and Ramona heads out of the washroom.

"I'll get you something to wear," Franky says leaving me alone in the washroom, in my underwear and t-shirt. It takes him a good ten minutes before he returns.

"What took you so long?" I ask out of curiosity, not bitchiness.

"It was your Dad that called."

"Oh, is he coming to pick me up now?"

"No, there's flash flooding on the freeway, so he can't get here."

"So what's going to happen?" Franky smirks.

"You get to sleep over," I laugh. He places a pair of his boxers and some sort of baggy t-shirt on the counter. He takes a seat on the toilette, kicking the door closed with his foot.

"How's you leg?" he asks as he slides off the toilet onto the floor, in boredom.
"Much better." I say as he rests his chin on his hands on the edge of the bathtub. I peck at his lips, he places his hand on the back of my neck and our kiss intensifies. His lips part mine and his tongue slips into my mouth, I'm really being turned on right now. I pull my mouth from his. "Still have that condom in your pocket?" I whisper.

"What? Why? Yeah," he says catching my drift as he pulls of his shirt, he puts his lips against mine. I catch a glimpse of him out of the corner of my eye as he shoves his hand into his pocket and wiggling out of his pants all at once. I part lips for a second to remove my shirt then I go back to kissing him, wrapping my arms around his gorgeous body. He finally joins me in the tub as he starts to get hard. We passionately moved against each other, not breaking the kiss we shared. I close my eyes for a moment as I take it all in, while I undid my bra and tossed it aside. I feel his hands on my hips, toying with the waistline of my underwear. I arch my back to slide them off, breathing intensely.

His hand holds the small of my back as I feel him start to move into me. It hurts at first and I let out a gasp, his hands are so gentle against my skin. I dig my fingers into his back, holding on as I close my eyes. He nuzzles into my neck as I let out a moan. I feel him smile against my skin as I thrust my hips upwards learning the true meaning of the word orgasm.

He removes himself from me and slides next to me, leaving us just to breath deeply.

"That..was..amazing," I say slowly, he nods. "How long have we been in here?"

"Long enough to raise suspicion," he said glancing at his watch. We climb out of the tub and dry off quickly, he puts his clothes back on, and I put on the boxers and t-shirt he left me.

"Wait, we should leave at separate times," I say quickly.

"What?" he asks confused.

"Just go into the living room, I'll join you there in a sec," I say, he nods, "Just say I'm getting changed."

"Alright," he says leaving the washroom. I close the door behind him and I could feel myself grinning from ear to ear. I realize Franky just threw the condom in the trash bin, out of nervousness I pluck it out and flush it down the toilette, last thing I want is his mom finding it. I leave the washroom and head into the living room where Franky and Tre are watching TV. I sit comfortingly close to Franky, and he wraps an arm around me.

"I'm beat," Tre says seconds later, "I'm going to bed."

"All alone," Franky says pulling me closer to him.

"You sure about that?" he nods.

"Yup, Ramona went to bed, early class tomorrow, my mom went to bed to and now," I wrap my arms around his neck.

"I'm fucking tired," I say as I kiss his lips none the less.

"Alright," he says pushing me aside. He stands up and picks me up over his shoulder and heads to the stairs.

"So you're just going to carry me now?"

"Well, that's what I was thinking," he says overly-casually as he continues up the stairs. He heads into his room and places me on the bed.

I climb under the covers as he strips down to his boxers and slides in next to me. I feel his arms wrap around me and his lips still against my neck. I drift peacefully to sleep, not even acknowledging I have to leave tomorrow morning.