‹ Prequel: Hospital

Tragedy Strikes

Later On

"I'd like to welcome Tragedy Strikes!" Marylyn Connelly, the infamous talk show hosts announces. The screen lifts in front of us as Chicklet starts playing the bass line for our pre-selected song. I open my mouth to sing as I start strumming my guitar and Kimmy starts up with the drums. And like an instant the moment is over and we're walking over to the sitting area for our interview.

"Welcome, welcome." Marylyn says smiling cheesily. "Wow, I can't get over how young you are and already released your third album."
"Yeah." Kimmy says sheepishly.
"If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?"
"Twenty-two." I say shrugging.
"I just turned twenty-three, I'm the old one." Kimmy laughs.
"And I'm also twenty-two." Chicklet states.

"Well just to inform our viewers, this is Tragedy Strikes, the girl band from Oakland California. Here to promote their new album Spider Fingers. On guitar and vocals we have Sadie Defiance, on bass we have Chicklet Hollons and on drums we have Kimmy Target."
"Nice to be on here on the show." Kimmy says proudly. She's always the responsible one, being polite during interviews I like to basically run a muck.

"Well, if you don't mind, I heard that love is in the air for you kids." Marylyn says cheesily, she's obviously reading from the teleprompter. "Marriage and engagement."
"Yeah, I just got married." I say smirking.
"Its true people." Chicklet exclaims, "Sadie actually found someone as horny as she is." Everyone bursts out laughing, including the camera men.
"I believe you're married to the son of Tre Cool, the infamous drummer of Green Day."
"Holy shit! Really?" I say in mockery, "Yeah that's him, but I prefer to call him Franky because infamous son of blah blah blah is too long to scream out during sex." I watch with great amusement as Marylyn turns three shades redder.
"Please excuse Sadie, she's a very sexual being." Chicklet says trying not to laugh.
"Talking about sex, are you planning on having kids?"
"Umm no!" I exclaim.
"Its doing humanity a favor." Chicklet mumbles, "Last thing we need is their spawn running around."
"Well not right away anyway." I say running my hands over my legs, "Maybe in a few years."

"I understand he owns a chain of stores?"
"Yeah, Glowing Strings, musician's store." I say nodding, "He kinda dropped out of college to open it. He also plays second guitar for our recorded stuff"
"Well Sadie, how'd you meet . . . . Franky?"
"At the hospital." I say simply, "I was there to get my appendix removed and his dad, Tre, was in the same room as me recovering from liver stones I think. And well the meds his father was on made him pass out so when Franky would come to visit he'd end up talking to me most of the time."
"That's also how we got our first record deal." Kimmy says clearly, "Billie Joe Armstrong also came to visit Tre and Sadie played a few songs for him and one thing lead to another and here we are."

"And Kimmy, I heard you just got engaged to Malinicious's drummer Kalob Strangler."
"Yeah, we've been going out a couple of years and he proposed to me on my birthday."
"So when are you two getting married?"
"Right after this tour, his band finishes touring two weeks before us so it all works out so we're getting married September 17th."

"And Chicklet, what about you?"
"I'm dating an awesome guy, but we're not engaged or anything." She says simply, "for now."
"They're really loud when they're getting it on." I state nonchalantly. Chicklet turns beet red as I smirk evilly, "Earlier this tour I was in the hotel room next to there's and I could here em loud and clear."
"Only cause Franky wasn't there." Kimmy snorts, "Or else they'd be complaining about how loud you two are."
"And you and Kalob are silent as sheep." Chicklet says sarcastically.
"Well this is getting a little R rater ladies, care to tone it down." Marylyn says nervously.

"Let's talk about orgasms!" I exclaim jumping out of my seat.
"Let's not." Marylyn says firmly.
"What about dildos?" Chicklet asks, this is a rare occasion where she joins me in terrorizing a talk show host.
"I still have a few more questions." Marylyn says trying to be calm.
"Well go ahead because I see Sadie and Chicklet are dying to talk about dildos." Kimmy says overly-calm.

Marylyn clears her throat awkwardly. "So how did you three come to be a band?"
"Ahh well, there was this end of the year show at Sadie's youth group, when we were like fifteen." Chicklet says, like she has for every other damn interview.
"Wait! You went to youth group?" Marylyn laughs.
"Yup, it was in a church." I say proudly, "We used to watch South Park in the basement."
"Lovely." Marylyn laughs, "Well continue."
"Well, Sadie said and I quote 'Chicklet pick up your damn guitar we're starting a band!' and then later that week I said something similar to Kimmy." Chicklet says shrugging.
"How interesting." The pudgy talk show host says cheesily.