‹ Prequel: Hospital

Tragedy Strikes

Real Band, Real Troubles

"That was a good show." I say casually as we get changed out of what we wore on stage.
"Yup." Chicklet says as we head out the door.
"Where's Franky?" I mumble, "I haven't seen him since this morning."
"Ask the security guard." Kimmy says as she spots Kalob and heads over to him.
"Jesse's there." I say quietly, she lights up and runs over to him. They were off for about a year, shortly after our first tour but they got back together last year.

I walk slowly to the main back stage exit.
"Hey Sadie." He says smiling.
"Hey, did Frankito come to the concert." He looks over his clipboard.
"Nope." He says looking back up at me, "Is there a problem?"
"No." I say forcing a smile on my face; it's not like Franky to not show up to a show. "I'm just going back to the hotel now."
"Alright." He says opening the door for me.
"Thanks." I say as I walk to the car.

"You're alone?" the driver asks curiously.
"Yeah, I just wanna go back to the hotel." I say quietly, wondering why Franky didn't show. The drive is quiet, which is unusual, this career doesn't provide much silent moments, but I don't mind.
"Here we are." The driver says breaking me from my trance.
"thanks." I get out of the car and walk through the hotel lobby.

"Hello Miss Sadie." The woman at the counter says cheerfully.
"Is my husband still here?" I ask casually.
"To the best of my knowledge, yes." She says nodding.
"Thank you." I say going over to the elevator, he probably just fell asleep.

I go up to our floor and go into the room. I find a smashed DVD on the floor. I pick up the pieces and see it's from the Marylyn Connelly Show.
"Franky." I call worriedly.
"I saw the interview." He says seriously.
"Yeah, pretty funny huh?" I giggle.
"Not to me."
"Franky, what's wrong?" I ask heading into the next part of the room where he's sitting.

"You knew when we got married I wanted to have kids with you." I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. He rolls his eyes in annoyance, "You friggin announced to the world Hell no I don't want kids!"
"Franky-"
"Don't Franky me! Then on top of it Chicklet goes to say it would be doing humanity a favor!"
"Did you watch the whole interview?" I ask crossing my arms.
"Kind of hard to watch after chucking it at the wall."
"Well if you did watch it, I laughed Chicklet's comments off and took back what said." He looks down at his feet.

"Its not only that." He mumbles, "Every time I bring up the word baby, you always change the subject or say in a few years."
"Your dad may have been a father by twenty-three, but my dad was thirty." I run a hand through my hair.
"So you want to wait till I'm thirty?" he asks a little annoyed.
"No! Just not this year." I say angrily, "I'm the one that's going to carry it and I want to wait at least a couple of years!"
"I get what this is about." He says bitterly, "You're afraid of what they'll think."
"They who?!"
"Your fans!"
"Don't be ridiculous, you know I don't care what anyone thinks of me!" I say frantically, "You're the only one I care about."
"But Sadie! We've been married six months! We've been living together a whole year before that."

"In case you haven't realized, we got married pretty damn young!" I say aggravated with the argument at hand.
"What?"
"Sorry that came out wrong." I say slapping my forehead.
"You think we got married too young?" he whispers.
"No, I didn't say that." I say as my eyes well up. "This is our sixth year together, I have no regrets."
"Promise?"
"Yes." I sigh, "Listen, I'm sort of afraid of the whole baby thing." He nods, "I don't think I'm mature enough and I'm just not ready."
"Okay." He sighs, "Sorry I went berserks on you, its just-"
"You don't have to explain," I step towards him, "I know family is important to you, just I need to be ready. A whole mind, body, spirit deal."
"Alright." He murmurs as he wraps his arms around me.

As I'm hugging him close I catch a glimpse of the gold ring on my finger and remember the promises we made to each other. I love him so much. My parents weren't too pleased about me moving in with Franky when I was only twenty almost twenty-one, they freaked out again when we got engaged. Tre was fine with everything but Claudia shared similar views with my parents. Our sole argument was that we could support ourselves financially and we've slept over at each other's places often enough.

"Hey I know what'll make you feel better." I say seductively in his ear.
"Hmm." I put my lips on that special part of his neck that gets him turned on in seconds. I start to kiss and suck on it passionately, "oh that." Within seconds I feel his boner poking my leg.
"Works every time." He just laughs at my comment as he locks lips with mine. We collapse back on the couch and spend the night rather enjoyably.

*

"I'm sorry." Franky murmurs in my ear the next morning. "For freaking out on you yesterday."
"You gotta understand," I mumble as I snuggle up against him, "When I got my hip tattooed the woman said, don't worry it hurt less than child birth." I pause, "that tattoo hurt like hell."
"Oh, well they give you drugs at the hospital."
"I'm only twenty-two, most people my age are finishing up college."
"Yeah okay." Franky says running a hand through my hair.
"Hey and this way, we can go partying without restraint."
"Have you met my dad?" Franky snickers.
"Green Day is an exception."
"I think musicians are an exception." He murmurs, "But I'm okay with waiting a couple of years."
"Thanks." I murmur against his bare skin.