‹ Prequel: Hospital

Tragedy Strikes

Lonesome

"I'm lonely," I whine as the tour bus bustles along.
"Its only been five hours, we still have five weeks!" Kimmy says as I sit at the table next to her.
"Gack!"
"Gack?" Chicklet questions trying not to laugh.
"Yeah, the sound Sadie makes when her motor skills fail," Kimmy says digging through the overhead compartment for cookies.

"Did you find those cookies yet?" I say pronouncing every syllable just to prove I can speak properly.
"No some A-hole ate them," she pouts as she shoves shut the door and sits next to me, "Chicklet you're really, really quiet."

"Hmm?" Chicklet says getting up and grabbing a bottle of water.
"You finished off the cookies you jerk!" I yelp.
"You can't prove anything," she protests.
"So? I'm still blaming you!" Kimmy says, I nod.
"Fine, I'll take care of it," she says annoyed as she heads to the front of the bus.

"Excuse me but can you stop at the next gas station or pit stop or something?" she asks the bus driver.
"Sure," he says as Chicklet turns around and joins us.
"You're still a jerk," I say stubbornly.

Kimmy grabs one of her bridal magazines and starts flipping through it. For the past couple of months she's been planning her and Kaleb's big day from the tour bus taking full use of MSN to discuss the details with her fiancé. Franky and I planned our wedding in a few short weeks, I didn't even bother getting an engagement ring, well I didn't want one. The short notice made our parents freak out, Bill friend had a laugh at it. He said he and Adie planned their wedding in two weeks and they've no regrets.
"What about this dress?" she asks passing me the magazine. Chicklet and I look it over thoughtfully for a second.
"That would look great on you," I say nodding, "Especially with the sash."
"You think?" Kimmy asks looking it over once more.
"Yup," Chicklet adds in. "Are you getting your dress made?"
"I think so, unlike Sadie, I have the time." I stick my tongue out at the drummer.
"I liked my wedding dress," I say crossing my arms, "I like my wedding, small and spur of the moment."
"Like sex," Chicklet laughs, I slap her arm.
"Frankie is NOT small!"
"If you say so," Kimmy sighs as she snatches the magazine back from Chicklet.
"You guys never even saw the Frankie snake." I murmur as I go back to where the bunks are so I can lie alone missing my husband.

After lying there for a while, overhearing little bits of my band mates conversations I pull out my cell phone to check the time. It's five, Frankie would've landed by now. I call him.

"Miss me already?" that familiar voice laughs.
"Yup," I say so happy to hear his voice, "Whatcha up to?"
"I just got home and the hooker is on her way so I gotta go."
"Very funny," I say giggling.
"Well things are boring and tomorrow I have to talk to the landlord about extending the store for the studio and all that technical shit."
"Blah, Kimmy is planning her wedding, seems stressful." We laugh, "five weeks are going to be hell."
"Tell me about it." He sighs, "So about the hooker."
"One arm exercise."
"Awe."
"I know." I laugh. "Chicklet ate all the cookies."
"Well being away for two weeks, there's no food in the house, except for canned corn."
"We own a can of corn?"
"Apparently so."
"Maybe the movers left it there."
"Or maybe aliens wanted to see our reaction to space corn."
"Oh yeah, I heard about that on the BBC news."

"Are you alone?"
"what are you suggesting?" I giggle.
"Well, we both shove our hands down our pants while saying special stuff to each other."
"Sorry Chicklet and Kimmy are in earshot and their already annoyed with the libido between us."
"Ahhh." He cackles. "Screw em! I'm horny."
"Well so am I, but I don't want to get kicked off the bus."
"Go into the washroom."
"Oh god." I laugh.
"Who's god?! I'm Frankie! You're cheating on me!" He says laughing his head off. I laugh too.
"I'll call you tonight after the show, when I'm alone, kay?"
"Yeah okay," Frankie sighs, "Love ya babe."
"Love ya too."