‹ Prequel: Hospital

Tragedy Strikes

I Really Hate You're Hair

A couple days later, Franky and I wake up in a Boston hotel.
"I really hate your hair," I say as I run my hands over his brown crew cut.
"No you don't," he says simply, "You hate the fact that the sexy part is in the garbage."
"Sorry if I hate crew cuts, it just doesn't suit you," I say as he holds my hips, "I like it all messy like."
"So do I," he sighs, "but it's hard to go from green hair and dye it brown."

He starts playing with one of the loose strands of my hair, which is black with bright blue streaks at the moment.
"So what's up for today?"
"Well," I say thinking, "Jesse is leaving and Kalob is joining us on tour today, his tour finished yesterday."
"We should go golfing for some real male bonding." He says laughing.
"Good luck with that, Kalob and Kimmy will probably be too busy planning the wedding."

"So how bad are you and Chicklet's bridesmaid dresses?" he teases. I was a bridesmaid for my cousin's wedding a couple of years ago and I was stuck in a hideous pouffy pink dress.
"Pretty cool actually," I say as I straddle his hips. He rubs my hips gently with his hands. "So when do you leave me again?" I murmur as I start kissing his neck.
"Four days."
"Not so bad," I murmur again, "only ten days on my own."
"Mmm," he says as he starts at my neck.

*two days later*

"What the hell is taking everyone so long?" I mutter as Frankie and I are sprawled out on the tour bus couch.
"I don't think you can complain," Frankie objects, "think about the times you've ran late."
"All your fault," I say laughing.
"You wanted it too, you even initiate it half the time."
"Yeah, yeah."
"I gotta piss," he announces as he stands up. I pick at my fingernails, I need to repaint them soon.
"Do you wanna tell me anything?" Frankie asks as he comes and sits next to me.
"You have a very pretty butt," I say chipping off a bit of nail polish from my left middle finger.
"No Sadie, seriously."
"Nope."
"Sadie, I have the right to know!" he says angrily.
"There's nothing to tell." I say pissed off at his anger, "what the hell!"
"Sadie, I know you don't want a baby right now but getting a fucking abortion is going a bit far!"
"Abortion! Frankie what are you talking about!" I yell, "I'm not pregnant!"
"Then why is there a positive pregnancy test in the washroom?! It wasn't there last night and everyone else is still in the hotel!"

I push past him and look in the washroom. Low and behold there's a stick with a plus sign on it. I go back to the main part of the bus.
"That pregnancy test is not mine!" I say firmly.
"What pregnancy test?" Kalob asks as he gets on the bus.
"Obviously not mine!" I say crossing my arms.
"I found a positive one in the washroom," Frankie informs. Kaleb's face suddenly goes pale.
"I think it might be Kimmy's," he says slowly. "She disappeared for a while this morning."
"Oh," Frankie and I say simultaneously.
"She was probably going to tell everyone she got pregnant on the honeymoon," I say after a moment of thought, "her parents were a bit old fashioned."
"Ye-yeah," Kalob says nervously, he was on the verge of a major freak out.
Kalob isn't as enthusiastic about becoming a father as Frankie is, to tell you the truth I've never seen him so scared. Not even when his band and our band (along with a shitload of other bands) were about to play at Milton Kings for Live 8, it was the most people any of us had every played for and everyone was freaking out. The freak out on his face now, is completely different from that one.

Kimmy joins us on the bus and puts her bag down on the table, she lets out of stressful sigh, none of us make a sound. She ties her hair back in a pony tail and sits next to Kalob. "What's with all of you?" she asks glancing at each one of us. Kalob is trying not to freak out, he's turning red holding everything in.
"I know you're pregnant," he says carefully. Kimmy laughs.
"What? I'm not pregnant."
"Kimmy, we already know, we found your test." Frankie informs.
"Test? What test?"
Frankie points to the bathroom. Kimmy gets up and looks into the stall.
"Oh wow," dhe says eyes bulging, "that's not mine." She looks me straight in the eye.
"Well its not mine either," I say annoyed that she's the second person to accuse me of being pregnant.
"Sorry, I'm late everyone," Chicklet says from the front of the bus.
"So it's not yours," Kalob says with a sigh of relief.
"Hey Chi-Chicklet," I stutter.
"Hey Sa-Sadie," she teases. "What's up?"
"Why don't you tell us," Kimmy says looking her over.
"Hmm."
"Oh for fuck's sake, just say it!" Frankie says annoyed, "is it your pregnancy test in the washroom?!"