‹ Prequel: Hospital

Tragedy Strikes

Secrets

"Shit, I thought I threw that out." she says smacking her forehead, "None of you can tell Jesse, okay?"
"Chicklet, are you nuts!" Frankie exclaims, "You have to tell him, he has a right to know!"
"Its just I don't want him finding out over the phone." She says slowly, "I'll tell him when we get back home."

She sits down and her eyes are welling up with tears.
"Ready to go?" the driver asks looking us over.
"Uhh yeah." I say as I go to sit next to Chicklet. "are you alright?"
"Sadie, I'm so fucking scared." She whispers, "My parents will kill me and, and I don't know how Jesse will react and-"

I just sit there, I don't know how to comfort her. Kimmy walks past me and hugs Chicklet. "Things will be okay."
"I hope so."

"You know listen," Frankie starts, "While you girls jam on stage I got to know Jesse, he'll freak out but he'll be fine with it."
"Yeah," Kalob says nodding, "He really loves you."
"Thanks guys." Chicklet says wiping her eyes.
"And your parents won't kill you." I sigh, "Just say its because of your line of work." We all snort with laughter.
"Oh yeah, like all rocker chicks get knocked up." Chicklet laughs. "They'll probably expect us to get married and all that junk."

"You know what you could do." Kimmy starts, "You and Jesse could get married in Las Vegas and then whoops the honey moon presents offspring."
"No, that's just stupid." Chicklet sighs.
"So you're going to wait two weeks before you tell him?" Kalob asks, she nods, "I'm sorry, but I'd like to know when I knocked someone up."
"I agree." Frankie adds in.
"Hey, just leave her alone." I say rolling my eyes.

"Actually." Chicklet starts, "I saw that this week we have an evening without a show."
"Yeah but will be in Seattle." I say furrowing my eyebrows in deep thought.
"I know, but I'll rent a car and ask Jesse to drive up, we'll meet halfway."
"Go for it." Kimmy says nodding, "And if you chicken out then I'll call him on his cell phone and tell him myself."

*
Three days later, Chicklet leaves to go downstate. She's meeting Jesse at a hotel somewhere. Kimmy and Kalob are supposedly going over last minute wedding plans, calling people back home to make sure everything's ready for the end of next week. Leaving Frankie and I to our own devices.

"I'm bored!" I exclaim as I lay sprawled out on the floor of the hotel room in between the television which Franky is currently watching and the sofa where he's sitting.
"Really?"
"Yes!" he slides off the sofa and crawls over to me putting his face really close to mine.
"I know what we can do."
"If we have sex now, we won't have anything to do later." I say looking him in the eye, "Let's go out for supper."
"Sure." He says standing up he holds out his hand for me, I grab it and he helps me up.

After driving around for a good half hour, every restaurant telling us we should've made reservations we find ourselves waiting in line at a Mc Donald's.
"Let's get really, really, really, really, really, really, really FAT!" I say as we step forward in the line.
"Well we're in the right place." Franky laughs as I sling my arms around his neck.
"You'd look weird as a fat guy."
"Uhuh, and I can't even imagine you fat." He says as I remove my arms from his neck, "But after a big mack each we'll know."

We order our food and sit at a table near the window so we can watch the cars zoom across the night.
"You have fans." Franky whispers, bringing is quarter pounder to his mouth.
"Hmm." He nods his head, I turn around to see a few teenage girls with a studded belts and cuffs gibbering away. I smile at them and their eyes bulge.

The four of them hurry over to us.
"Oh my god, you are Sadie Defiance!" the tallest one says happily as she runs her hand through her green hair.
"We're going to be at your concert tomorrow night." The shortest, a bleach blond says.
"Awesome." I say enthusiastically. I sign an autograph for each of them, take a picture and offer to let them sit with us.

"You're husband is really hot!" the brunette whispers to me as she takes her seat at the table.
"Thanks." I giggle as Franky smirks happily. You know a band is big when the spouses have a fan base.
"I went to California last summer and I went to your store." The green haired girl says proudly. "I bought my guitar there."
"Cool." Franky says nodding, "What kind?"
"Ibanez, acoustic."
"We're in a band." The shortest one says, "I play drums."
"Bass." The brunette says.

"Right on." I say high fiving each one of them. "What's your band name?"
"Gruel Renewal." The brunette says proudly.

I think we made those girls' year by having supper with them. When we got back to the hotel Frankie and I checked out their band's myspace. They're not half bad to tell the truth.