‹ Prequel: Hospital

Tragedy Strikes

*** Franky

Kimmy and Kalob are still on their honeymoon and Frankie is dealing with lawyers and junk for his music store and soon to be recording studio. I'm home alone so I call up Chicklet, being home from tour sucks, I'm bored all the time and I'm not inspired to write any songs today. The phone rings a few times before she picks up.
"Hello?"
"Chicklet I'm bored!"
"I can't help you there, fuck Frankie."
"He's working," I whine.
"Well Jesse and I are going to my parents' today announce the baby news and argh."
"Oh, good luck then."
"Thanks, we're going to need it."
"Yeah, you're Dad is umm shall I say scary."
"He's over-protective," she sighs, "then tomorrow if both Jesse and I are still alive we're going to tell his parents, who won't be much more understanding than my parents."
"Damn parents and their old-fashioned ways," I scowl.

"Yeah, I remember the freak out your parents had when you and Frankie moved in and then got engaged, him still in college and all."
"Oh yeah and then when he dropped out that really didn't sit well," I laugh. "Just remember my parents got over it, Claudia got over it and your parents we'll get over it too."
"Hope you're right," she sighs, "Well I'm going to go now."
"Alright leave me to my boredom."
"Go see a movie or something."
"Alone?" but she already hung up.

I find myself heading to the movie theater alone to watch some shitty horror movie and get hyped up on candy. Half way through the movie I come to realize getting hyped up on sugar while watching a horror movie is only fun with friends. My phone starts vibrating from my pocket, I check the text message from Frankie.

Where are you?

I text back:
Movie theatre, meet me?
I wait a second.
Be there in 10

I check the time and sit tight for about seven minutes before scuttling out of the theatre.
"Is everything alright?" an usher asks me.
"Yeah, just have to meet someone," I say dorkily as I head out of the building and practically run into Frankie.

"Hey you," he laughs, he's wearing a suit.
"Ahh! Le suit!" I exclaim as I fling my arms around him none the less.
"Got to look the part."
"First the hair and now the suit, what happened to the man I married," I say in mock hysteria.
"Let's go home then and I'll change," he says pressing his lips against my forehead.

We live only a couple of blocks away from the main street so the theatre is only a ten minute walk from where we live.
"Were you home when you called?"
"Urm no, actually," he laughs, "I was at the sex shop."
"Without me?"
"Didn't think you'd mind, you hit the shop alone a lot of the time," I snicker. Frankie and I were amused with sex shops, especially the ones in small towns.
"So what did you buy?" he smirks. "C'mon tell me."
"Later."

I start to grab at his jacket pockets but he just laughs.
"Where'd you put it?" I pout as he slaps my hands away.
"We'll enjoy it tonight," he says proudly. I look at my watch.
"Six thirty," I murmur. "what time are we going to bed?" he laughs out loud as we get to the door of our condo.

We step inside and I take off my shoes as he undoes his tie.
"So how did the meetings and stuff go?"
"Great," he says excitedly, "Everything's set for starting construction next Monday."
"Fantastic," I say hugging him and kissing his lips. "I'll make dinner."
"Okay, I'm just going to shower and put this suit away for a good long time," I giggle as he rips off his tie while going upstairs.

I finish making supper just as I hear Frankie slide down the banister. I put the plates on the table when he slides across the floor courtesy of socked feet wood floor. I look him over, from his black and white giant polka dot socks, his army green board shorts, his AFI band tee and his neon green spiked hair.
"You're back!" I say excitedly as I French him. We stood there exchanging saliva for a while before bumping into the table. "Supper."
"Oh yeah," he laughs.

We sit at the cozy table and eat supper, I can't take my eyes off him.
"I like the hair," he smiles.
"I know." He chuckles, "I'll be fifty years old one day and still dying my hair freakish colours just to turn you on." I can't help but blush.

We continue our evening of giggle fits with a cheesy horror movie and a tub of gummy bears.
"Can we go to bed now?" I ask as the end credits roll up the screen.
"You just wanna see what I bought."
"Maybe, but I wanna have fun," he sighs and then dashes from the sofa up the stairs.

"You confusing fruitloop!" I call as I run after him to our room. Just as I'm about to go through the door he grabs me from behind causing me to scream out laughing. "what did you buy?"
"You have to find it," he smirks evilly. I start sucking on the special part of his neck causing him to shudder in delight. "You're still going to have to find it."

I undo his belt buckle and reach down his pants and retrieve a plastic container. I read the label edible body glitter. I grin, so does Frankie. We start stripping down in the hallway, tripping over our own feet as we stumble into the bedroom, but we don't make it when Frankie tackles me to the carpeted floors and smears the body glitter across my chest. I take a glob and smirk it across him... SEX! (with lots of licking)