‹ Prequel: Hospital

Tragedy Strikes

Girl Talk

"Where were you yesterday?" Chicklet asks at school on Monday. I smirk. "I called you but you weren't there."
"Franky, called me."
"Yeah."
"We went to the movies." She looks over at me suddenly intrigued. "He kissed me."
"Damn, you lucky biotch!" she practically squeals. "Was it good?"
"Was what good?"
"Well the kiss?" I smirk. "That good?"
"I swear Franky is, there's no way to describe it, like having I have someone."
"Obviously."
"And having a crush on that person."
"Well you've lost me." she says rolling her eyes, "But I get it, it's sensational." I can't help but laugh.
"Band practice after school?"
"Yeah." She says as we head into our first class. We join Kimmy towards the back of the classroom.

"Hey Sadie, when are we going to be recording again?"
"This Saturday, all day."
"Awesome." She looks me over, "Why are you all smiley?"
"Franky kissed her."
"That would explain it." She says half laughing.
"Oh yeah like you weren't giddy when Angelo kissed you." Chicklet snickers.
"I refuse to answer that."
"Ladies! I believe that's quite enough chit chat!" the teacher scolds.
"But Miss, it was a really important conversation." I pipe up, the class snickers.
"And what would the topic be?"
"Well, that's priv-"
"She got kissed!" Chicklet yelps and the whole class starts to laugh.
"Well isn't the lovely." Miss Crenton, our math teacher states, "Now tell me exactly what lip exercises have to do with algebra."
"Maybe his name is Al and he tried to grab her bra!" Chicklet's crush Jesse exclaims, with that the whole class goes into a state of hysterics.
"Enough! Now all of you get to work on pages sixty-three to sixty-nine." She demands the whole class laughs at the page number. "What is so funny?!"
"Oh miss! You were wondering what Sadie's love life had to do with math class well maybe she got some sixty-nine." Jesse says bouncing in his seat.
"Alright one more lust-related comment and that person is going to the office!" Miss Crenton yells and we all fall silent.
"Wouldn't mind sixty-nining him." Chicklet says referring to her personal hotty near the front of the room.
"Just ask Jesse out already." Kimmy mutters under her breath.
"I said silence!" Miss Crenton screeches.
"She obviously never got sixty-nined." I snicker.

"Let's play I Fought the Law." Kimmy demands as she starts playing the opening roll on her bass drum. I roll my eyes, I like listening to this song a hell of a lot more than playing it. The song comes to an end which is sweet relief for me.
"We should practice what we're going to record." Chicklet mutters.
"Yeah okay." Kimmy says as she starts recalling the beat. "How many songs are we putting on the demo?"
"Three, we finished one, we should be able to finish the second one Saturday then it's one last session."
"Awe." Chicklet whines.
"Yeah I know."
"I know why Sadie's pissed." Kimmy snickers, "She won't be able to see her boy toy as often." I pick up her dog's abandoned chew toy and chuck it at her. She manages to dodge it and stick her tongue out at me. I start off the guitar for one of our songs in attempt to ignore Kimmy, but I know she's still silently mocking me with Chicklet.

Kimmy's dog, Cranberry, starts barking at the front door. Kimmy gets up from her drum set to answer it. She comes back with none other than her boyfriend Angelo.
"Hey, how's my favorite girl band." He asks as he slumps down on Kimmy's bed.
"Supposedly practicing." I say in mock whisper.
"But we're bugging Sadie about her new boy toy." Chicklet says smirking evilly.
"He's not my boy toy!" I say angrily.
"Fine, boyfriend."
"Oh, who is it?" he asks intently.
"Tre Cool's son." Kimmy says laughing.
"Yeah sure, seriously who is it?"
"He doesn't go to our school, his name is Franky Wright." I say rolling me eyes, "and he is Tre Cool's son."
"Can you say delusional?" he mocks.
"For fuck's sake! How do you think we got Adeline Records to notice us!" I yelp.
"Huh?" he says cluelessly.
"You didn't tell him?" Chicklet gasps as she glares at Kimmy.
"Tell me what?" he says suddenly intrigued. Kimmy sighs and tells him the whole story.

"So you're telling me you got to meet Green Day?"
"Well we only met Tre, but Sadie met all three of them." Chicklet gibbers.
"And they're giving you a record deal?"
"Sort of, they're giving us the chance of a record deal, nothing's been finalized." I explain. Angelo gets down on his knees.
"Can I be in you band? Please?!" he says dramatically, "I can be your back up guitarist."
"You can't even play guitar." Kimmy snorts with laughter.
"I can learn!" he exclaims.
"No, we've got the whole girl thing going here, so unless your willing to get amputation." I trail off. He puts his hands over his crotch.
"You know what I'm good." He says sitting back down.
"Awe c'mon." Chicklet teases as she makes scissor shape with her index and middle fingers.
"You chicks are creepy."
"No Tragedy Strikes." I say laughing.
"Kimmy, I'll call you later." He goes up to the drum set and kisses her before running out.
"Lovely." Kimmy says rolling her eyes as she starts drumming for another one of our songs.