‹ Prequel: Hospital

Tragedy Strikes

Rock Show

I pace back and forth with my guitar hanging from my shoulders, my hands are shaking like crazy.
"Stop walking back and forth! You're driving me nuts!" Kimmy exclaims, her hands just like mine and Chicklet's are shaking like crazy too.
"Well sorry, I'm kind of twitchy right now," I say as I continue to pace.
"Excuse me, coming through, don't make me bite," a familiar voice says as the crowd of musicians are shifted.
"Franky!" I exclaim as I run up to him and wrap my arms around his neck.
"Hey Sadie." He says pecking my lips, "Nervous?"
"Hell yeah." I nod, "How'd you get in?"
"Came here with Billie or Bill Friend," I giggle as my arms remain slung loosely around his neck. "You need a good luck fuck?"
"You're a funny guy you know that."
"Ahh well it was worth a try." He smirks, little pervert but I'm crazy for him. "So you're on second I hear," I nod.
"Only forty-five minutes left."
"Second is good, get to see how the first band screws up majorly and then you know what not to do."
"So are you my groupie?"
"Yup, I'm loose with my boobs too." He smirks as he pulls away from me and lifts his shirt, "Oh yeah baby! They're real." I poke his nipple and he twitches.
"Ticklish?" I ask as I poke at his chest again. He pokes me right in the boob. "You're on thin ice."
"You poke my nipple I have every right to poke you back."

"There you are," Bill friend says coming up to us. I step away from Franky and to where my band mates are.
"Hey Bill," Chicklet mumbles.
"Hey, so the scout from Adeline is in the audience."
"Aren't you the scout?" I ask casually.
"Well it's a group decision," He rambles, "Anyway, came to wish you girls good luck, we're all cheering for you."
"Who's all?" Kimmy asks panicky.
"Well, me, my wife and kids, Mike and his wife, Tre, Claudia, Ramona and well Franky."
"Oh wow." I say nervously. "All those people just for us."
"Not to mention our families and friends." Chicklet says gulping.
"Don't think about it, just pretend it's band practice with only your estranged man whores watching." Franky says as Bill friend nods.
"Wait . . . . man whores?" we all laugh.
"On-going joke." Kimmy laughs.

"First band is up," Bill friend gibbers, "C'mon Franky."
"What? No, I'm Sadie's groupie I have to stay back stage."
"Oh god, you're so much like your father its scaring the shit out of me," Bill friend mocks, "Get your ass over here." And with that Franky and Bill friend are gone, leaving us with our nerves.

"You're Tragedy Strikes, right?" some manager with a clipboard comes up and asks us.
"Yeah," I say stepping forward.
"Alright, you're up in about five minutes, so I ask to stand there so you can be cued to go on stage." She points toward the stage.
"Okay," Chicklet says nervously as the three of us head to the opening in the curtain. Kimmy is drumming on her leg nervously. Some techie person shoves us onto the stage just as the first band walks off.

The second the stage lights shine down on me all my nerves disappear.
"Hello people!" I yell into the microphone. "We're Tragedy Strikes! And we're going punk your asses!" everyone cheers and Kimmy starts the drum roll for our first song. Five songs later and we find ourselves taking a bow and walking off stage.

Chicklet and I pack up our instrument and the three of us head outside. Franky's waiting for us in the parking lot.
"That was fucking awesome," He says taking my guitar case from me. We all head over to his car and put our shit in the trunk. "Do you want to watch the rest of the show or what?"
"Yeah, of course," I say putting one arm around his waist. We make our way back inside the venue and meet up with our parents and well the Green Day families.

"That was awesome kid, My dad says proudly. A woman with dark dreads comes up to me.
"Hi Sadie, I'm Adrienne."
"Oh Bill friend's wife," She laughs.
"Yes, and I'm proud to tell you that Tragedy Strikes got the record deal."
"Oh my god, thank you!" I squeal as I pull her into a hug, she just laughs. I as well as my band mates end up hugging everyone around us.

Franky and I go to get a place closer to the stage, last I saw Kimmy went off to find Angelo and Chicklet was having a vivid bass player discussion with one Mike Dirnt.

"Do you want to go on my shoulders?" Franky yells. I shake my head.
"I'm afraid of heights." He just laughs. I pull him into a kiss and then we go back to hopping around.