‹ Prequel: Hospital

Tragedy Strikes

Recording

And for the next few months we juggled school and recording hopefully our first of many album. At one point I was even considering dropping out but it was out of the question with my parents. Franky came to almost every recording session and we really grew close. Chicklet finally got up the nerve to ask Jesse out, needless to say she was not rejected.

One March afternoon on one of our last days of recording, Billie Joe was in the tech booth, like he sometimes does.

"I'm sorry, but for a recorded song, it sounds lacking." He says shaking his head. He plays it back for us. "Maybe you should get a second guitar in there."
"But-" Chicklet says thinking.

"Do you know any good guitarists?" Kimmy says glancing at us.
"Franky." I say quietly. "He plays awesome solos."

"What me?" my boyfriend says running his hands through his now blue hair.
"Yeah."
"But this is an all girl band, and I have a pe-"
"We know!" Kimmy interrupts. "Just play for the album's sake."
"M'okay." He says taking my guitar from me. "Play it back." He spends a good fifteen/twenty minutes creating the second guitar part.

"Alright, let's record." He say adjusting the mic. I watch in awe as he starts to play, such a turn on the way he plays.
"Alright, that's a wrap." The techie guy says shutting off the recording machinery.

"Was that good?" he asks coming up to me.
"Franky, I swear, if I were a guy I'd have a friggin boner right now."
"Awe you're sweet." He says pecking my lips.

"Alright girls, next week is our final week of recording." The techie says as we waltz out of the recording room.
"Awe, we're going to miss you Bubba." Chicklet sighs, the techie's real name is Bruce but Chicklet insists on calling him Bubba.
"No you won't." he laughs, "You girls will be too busy wiping your asses with twenty dollar bills."

"We're insulted." Kimmy laughs. "We wouldn't forget someone named Bubba."
"Well, I'm not going to lie, I'll probably forget you." I joke.
"Well it's hard to remember stuff when your lips are glued to Franky's." Bubba mocks.

"True." I shrug as Franky puts his around me.
"Let's make you not remember stuff." He says cocking an eyebrow.
"Right after you come up with a better pick up line." I say laughing.
"Kiss me gorgeous." He says in a very James Bond sort of way. I pull him into a kiss while everyone else laughs.

"Alright bye Bubba." I say as the four of us head out of the studio. Franky drove Chicklet and Kimmy home then we headed to my house for supper.
"Ahh the boyfriend is back." My father states as he sees us coming into the house.
"Awe you know you love me." Franky says cheesily.
"Not really no." my father laughs. "Jane is staying for dinner tonight."
"Okay then." I say casually, Jane is my dad's new girlfriend. She's nice, a bit of a modern day hippy.

"Who's Jane?" Franky asks into my ear. The feel of his breath against my ear is enough to tantalize my senses.
"My dad's girlfriend."
"Ew! Isn't the illegal."

"Lady friend." I say rolling my eyes as we head into the living room to watch TV. We weren't aloud in my room together, because we'd so be there right now. We plop down on the floor and Franky pulls me onto his lap and rests his chin on my shoulder as his arms wrap around my waist.

"True love is letting me hold the remote." I laugh as I flip channels.
"I'm not sexist, equal is equal." He mumbles as I stop flipping when I get to the music channel. "What you lack in penis you make up for in boob."
"Perv." I laugh as he pokes my in the ribs. "I'm glad you don't have boobs."
"Me too, I like my pant mass."

"Shh." I say realizing our pervy conversation is getting sort of loud.
"Plah! Pu-pu-plah!" Franky starts dramatically. "I got a mouthful of your hair in my mouth." I get off his lap and sit next to him.

"Better?"
"My lap is lonely now." He whines. I can't help but laugh. I put my hand in his front pocket, he doesn't seem to mind. I feel the coolness of plastic against my finger tips, I grip it and pull it out of his pocket. He doesn't even look away from the TV screen.

"Put your hand back." He mumbles. I look at what I just pulled out of his pocket, it was a square packet that could fit in my hand; a condom.
"Frank, what the fuck is this?!" I demand as I hold it up for him to see.
"A-a-a condom."

"Why the hell do you have one? Do you think I'm just going to fuck you?" I hiss, "That I'm just some skank who sleeps with everyone that calls upon her?"
"No, Sadie. Let me explain." He says taking my hands in his, "I've had that with me a while."

"Oh so you've been trying to nail me for while then huh?" I say really pissed.
"Maybe you should just leave Frank."
"Don't call me Frank." He pleads, "Please listen to me." I cross my arms.
"Fine."
"Well you're the first girlfriend I've had that I've stayed with for longer than two months."
"So you think I'll just fuck you?

"No, no, no." he says waving his hands. "My dad realized this and bought me a box of condoms and gave me a schpeal about safe sex and shit like that."

"That's fine, but why are you carrying it around with you?!" I demand.

"I just don't want to be caught in an awkward situation that if we do need one and," He looks me in the eye, "I'm not expecting anything sexual, I'm just a paranoid freak who rather be safe than sorry."

"Promise?"
"Promise."
"Swear on your left testicle."
"I swear on both my testicles," He says with pleading eyes.
"Fine, I believe you," I say arms still crossed. "Only because I've seen you have a paranoia freak out."

"I rather not talk about that."
"Honestly." I laugh as I recall last month when we decided to go down to San Francisco for some big concert and he got a panic attack just because we got lost.

The door bell rings and I get up to answer it.
"Hi Sadie," Jane says over-enthusiastically.

"Hi." I say heading back to the living room. Jane sort of annoyed me, she was always trying to hard to be buddies with me. She wants to screw around with my dad that's their business just don't try to make it okay with me.

"And who's this young man?" she asks as she comes into the living room after a short time in the kitchen with my father.

"This is my boyfriend Franky, Franky meet Jane."
"It's very nice to meet you," she says in kindergarten teacher voice.
"Same," Franky says awkwardly.
"Well let's eat," My father calls out. We head into the dining room where we each take our seats and start eating.

"So Sadie, how's your band going?" Jane asks part way through dinner.
"Fine," I say not wanting to get into details. My dad glares at me, "We're almost done recording."

"Oh well that's nice," She says but I know she couldn't give a rat's ass. Not that she's a bad person or anything she just tries too hard.

Dinner finishes without much conversation and Franky and Jane leave shortly after.