Status: In process of being edited and revised.

FAIL.com

Stubborn pain

It was such a nice day out. The sun shining brightly, the weather being so nice and warm, so a summer dress and heels didn’t seem so bad to fit the occasion Ava thought it’d be, but she was wrong. It was so hard trying to get away from that library quickly in those church heels, the black croppy kind that made one’s feet stiff and made loud noises against the concrete ground. She could then see Matthew slowly trailing along, trying to get her, like some murderer. She was scurrying through the parking lot by then, when Matt began to pick his pace up as well.

“Ava, let’s go back inside.” He tried talking as nice as he could but who was he fooling? He’d probably beat her up the moment he reached Ava. So she continued to speed walk ignoring him and making clicking sounds with her shoes. “Ava…I said I was sorry, didn’t I?”

“Go away!” She reached the intersession of the walk way but couldn’t pass because of the Stop light. She quickly pressed the "go" button against the pole but it sure did seem like it was taking forever. Plus, Matthew was getting closer. “Oh come on! Fucking turn green already!”

As if obeying to her command, the light turned, and Ava instantly began her walk, but as soon as she got into the road it was like her heart had stopped. She couldn’t move, even though she saw the car, and it was coming up like a bat out of hell.

Matthew saw it first, and it was weird because the light had changed to green for sure. This car, as if purposely, was heading straight toward that idiot girl like it wanted her dead and as soon as possible. Knowing he was going to curse himself for the rest of his life if he just stood by, he went for it. Matthew threw himself toward Ava and he really didn’t want it to be like that car accident in a certain movie where the guy died in the girl’s place. Matthew didn’t like that idiot to that extent.
He speared Ava out of the way, leading both of them rolling and sliding on the pavement for a quick second while the red Jaguar car sped off.

Their position had been an awkward, if not, painful stance as Matthew was hovered over Ava in the middle of the street. An audience began to form to see if anyone got hurt. Ava pushed Matthew off of her because it seemed like he wasn’t going to do it anytime soon. She saw that her whole right arm was dripping in blood but could hardly feel the pain. Only when Matthew touched it.

“Ow! Holy shit!”

“We gotta get you to a hospital.” Matthew slightly grabbed Ava and guided their walk toward his car back in the library’s parking lot but she snatched herself away as soon as she remembered why she left him in the first place. Still angry he presumed.

“I’ll go myself.”

“Don’t be such an ass, I just saved your life.”

“I think I had rather died then you spearing me to my almost death. Geez, some rescuer you are.”

She thought that would’ve put the icing on the cake and Matthew would have left, giving her the finger and going back to his careless phase but he just stood there, waiting for her to give in.

“I’m not going to the hospital with you!”
♠ ♠ ♠
I decided to go ahead and post all the chapters to the first story and edit as I go. Then go back and edit the rest.
It's taking forever!
D<