Status: The chapters are in the process of being rewritten, so the second chapter does not match the first chapter.

Hero vs. Villain

Cold Blooded Killer

You either die A hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain”
-Harvey Dent.

That was the quote of the year, and that’s exactly the way my life went. Looking back, I now realize how pathetic my life was before I became a cold blooded lunatic. My past life doesn’t matter to me anymore, all those fancy jewels and parties, worthless, pathetic. The only important thing to me now is searching for that clown, the wild-eyed comedian, the man of most people’s nightmares these days but the man of my dreams.

I am not going to take my precious time to bore you with the life of innocent little Jayden Weaver. But every story got to start somewhere, have a beginning. I’m going to tell you what happened to little old me and the life of the now deceased Jayden Weaver. I’ll tell you what happened the day Jayden died a hero and watched as I became the villain. Honestly though, best day of my life.

................................................................................................................
I had a smile on my face that was a mile wide as I stepped on the first step down at the top of hotel. I began bounding down the levels of the rather tall hotel I was getting ready to burn. My entire body quivered with anticipation, every cell vibrating with excitement, of what was to come. I had covered eight of the ten floors of the hotel with gasoline and on the other two level I had planted several bombs. The master stroke of my little plan was on the roof. A final surprise in my brilliant plan.

The last few drops of the can of gas hit the ground as I stepped into the lobby. Someone recognized me, loyal fans, what can you do? It was a clerk that ran trying to tackle me to the ground, probably to ravish me as I am one sexy beast. I stabbed him though, I had other plans tonight. As I stepped over the body of the clerk, watching while the life left his eyes and blood began to pool around him, I felt almost high off of excitement. Flicking the excess blood off the palms of my hands, I pulled a matchbook and a detonator from my back pocket.

"And here we go." I thought as I struck a match and dropped it on the trail of gasoline that I had left behind me. The flame creeped and the hotel started to burn.

I stepped outside into the barely lit streets of Gotham and watched as the hotel lit up like a Christmas tree, a Christmas tree on fire mind you. A few moments past and I was satisfied that the flame made it far enough I pressed the red button on the detonator and watched as the top half of the building exploded and crumbled into a mixture of flame and debris.

I watched and twirled in the streets as a rain of Joker cards fell to the ground. I laughed with an insanity that knew no bounds. This was glorious! Absolutely sublime!

I continued to smile as I watched the light illuminating from the flames break through the windows of the building; my eyes ablaze. All it took was a few drums of gasoline, some matches, and several bombs to create my masterpiece. With each explosion, a new wave of Joker cards rained down from the burning building.

I looked around the street, hoping to see a similar tuff of green hair or even a bleached white hand. Where was he? I mean I needed some attention from the guy.

My hope began to fade as TV networks and the Gotham Police came in sight. I was slowly beginning to lose faith in my plan. Was it not enough to blow up a ten story hotel that was possibly full of people, all on my own? Could I not get his attention with fireworks? Would I have to do something more drastic? I mean I’ve already been in a high speed chase with the pigs, I mean cops, I’ve robbed a bank, blown up a school bus that was unfortunately empty, and now I’ve single handedly blown up a Wayne Enterprise hotel. It was fun and all, but what more does this mad man need till he can come and confront that in which he has created?

I huffed and entered my getaway vehicle. My upper lip in a pout as I ordered the driver to get me out of here. I tapped my hand against my leg as I cursed silently. I would need to get more creative. God, you'd think getting the attention of the Joker would be easier than this.
♠ ♠ ♠
Give me feed back and let me know what you think!