Broken Inside

Prologue

“Meeky, I can’t do this. There’s no way!” My fiancée stared at me with huge tear filled brown eyes. The bruise on her cheek was turning green. I felt my fists clench as I held her to me. I wanted to find the bastard who’d raped her and rip him to shreds. “I…I can’t do it. I can’t get an abortion.”

“Brooke, listen to me.” I kissed her cheek. “You don’t have to do it. It’s completely up to you. You know where I stand, but if you want to get rid of it, that’s your business. If you keep it, then I’ll be there one hundred percent.” She lifted her head and smiled.

“Promise?”

“Cross my heart.”

“I love you. I’m not going to do it.” She wrapped her arms around me. I felt my muscles relax. I found the idea of making scrambled baby repulsive.

“Meeka...what are we going to tell everyone?’

“We’re having a baby. It’s mine. Nobody will ever know what really happened. It’ll be the way you wanted.” She stared out the window.

“My parents are going to kill you. My friends will hate you. Your friends…well your friends will be shocked.” I laughed.

“It’s all worth it. I mean, I still think you should turn that asshole in, but…”

“I told you already Meeka, I’m not doing it! You know how embarrassed I’d be. I don’t want to relive it. I just want to forget.” She hugged her knees. “You’re such a good guy. I don’t want to put you through this. You’ll get kicked out of everything. Your family will kick you out of their lives.”

“I don’t care. I want to do what you want. We’re getting married in a year. You’re my life.” She wound a strand of dark blonde hair around her thin finger.

“I love you, Meeka Leveque.”

“I love you too.”

“Meeka? Promise me…promise me that we won’t talk about what happened every again.”

“Promise.”
♠ ♠ ♠
it's a start. tell me how you like it. leave me comments.