‹ Prequel: Love Is Only a Myth
Status: the sequel to Love is Only a myth. Comments help me write faster people. Hope you like it.

Fantasys don't last forever

Eleven

Alexis’ POV

I was frozen. I didn’t know what to do. I had been caught in one of the worst situations that I could ever be caught in. I didn’t have an excuse for why I was like this either. Every reason that I had for me to be in this situation was wrong.

I sat there staring into Anthony’s dark brown eyes. The eyes that usually light up when they see me were now filled with confusion. I gulped and sat there quietly. It was too late for me to run now. All I could do was sit here and take what he was going to throw at me.

“Alexis, what are you doing?” he questioned.

I licked my lips as I stared up at him. I was sure that he could see exactly how worried and in shock I was. I was speechless. I couldn’t just tell him the reason why I was here. Though I’m sure he knows the reason by now.

“Well what are you doing here?” Sam countered.

Her eyes then darted from him to Joy. I knew sam well enough to know that she didn’t like the idea of Anthony being alone with her either.

Joy simply furrowed her brows as she stared down at her. She looked at Anthony before looking at me. She raised her brow as she gave me a once over. I didn’t know whether she gave me a once over out of anger or if it just happened. I simply shrugged the matter off and paid it no attention.

“Hey, sam, do you mind giving us a moment?” Anthony asked.

“That depends” she retorted as she folded her arms across her chest. “Is she going to stay?”

“Sam” I spoke.

Her hard gaze then landed on me. I knew that I was going to here it from sam when I left but I didn’t want her here either. I knew that this was something that I would have to explain to Anthony in private.That means Joy would have to go too.

“It‘s fine” I finished with a nod.

Sam shifted her gaze from me to Joy. She sent her a warning glare before she stood up. Joy simply continued to smile, though it didn’t look as real as her previous ones. Sam dusted herself off before she set her gaze on me once again.

“Fine, I‘ll go. But you know where to find me” her gaze shifted back to Joy. “And believe me, you don‘t want her to find me”

Joy simply blinked as she stared at sam. She smiled even wider as her gaze locked on Sam’s stomach. “Oh don‘t worry, she won‘t need to find the both of you” she smoothly countered.

Even I felt the impact of her insult. It wasn’t a low blow but a level up from it. It was an insult that inferred something without saying it. It was an insult and it wasn’t. joy clearly knew what she was doing.

A flash of anger shoed itself in Sam’s eyes. She had picked up on the insult easily. I quickly stood up and grabbed Sam’s shoulders. I turned her body around so that she was facing the other direction.

“I‘ll see you later sam” I was trying to get her to leave before she did something that she would regret.

Sam glared at Joy one last time before walking away. It was official, sam hated her. I was glad that she didn’t go to the school or else sam would find someway to take care of her.

I turned back around to face Anthony and Joy. They were now standing up and facing me. Joy seemed to have a mixture of amusement and confusion on her face. Anthony was simply confused.

I placed my hands in my pockets and started to rock back and forth. I was buying myself as much time as I needed/wanted. If it was up to I would walk away, but Anthony would just follow me until he got an answer.

“So….you going to explain?” Anthony questioned.

I pursed my lips as I continued to rock back and forth. I started to look everywhere except for him. I knew that if I looked at him I would end telling him exactly why I was there, though I’m sure that he knows by now why I‘m here.

Anthony sighed before he set his gaze on Joy. “Joy could you give us a moment?” he questioned.

She nodded her head before she set her gaze on me. “It‘s nice seeing you again Alexis” she waved before walking off. I simply gave her a small smile. It was the best that I could muster up in a situation like this.

Anthony watched her walk away which only made me tense. I wasn’t the jealous type, but knowing that he was watching her made me….nervous.

Anthony’s gaze shifted to mine, and he smiled. I quickly dropped my gaze down to my shoes. As I said before, I couldn’t look at him.

Soon he was standing in front of me. He put his index finger under my chin and made me look up at him. As soon as I did, I was lost. I was lost in his eyes the same way that I always was when I looked into his dark brown orbs.

Anthony continued to smile as he looked down at me. He then slowly leaned down and placed his soft lips on mine. The kiss was short and sweet but still caused the same fireworks and the same shiver to run down my spine as always.

Anthony stared down at my with a smile on his face. He then shook his head and let out a small chuckle.

“Babe, you don‘t need to spy on me when I‘m with Joy. What I had with her was a long time ago, I‘m with you not her. You have nothing to worry about. I love you” he spoke.

A slow smile then made it’s way onto my face. I was glad that he wasn’t mad at me for being so stupid. I was so worried that I forgot to trust him. So what if she comes back and wants to talk to him, he’s with me. I’m sure that if he wanted her back he would have taken her back a while ago.

I nodded my head as I continued to stare up at him. “Okay”

“Good” he nodded.

“But can you explain why you wanted to spy on us in the first place?” he questioned.

I bit my lip and shrugged my shoulders. Even though I still felt stupid for spying on him, I didn‘t want to tell him why. It was slightly embarrassing. “The past is the past right”

He smiled and shook his head. “You’re crazy sometimes”

“But that‘s why you love me right?” I spoke while wrapping my arms around his neck. Anthony then snaked his arms around my waist.

“And more”

“Gosh, we‘re becoming more and more cliché by the day” I joked.

Anthony laughed and nodded his head. I pursed my lips as I thought made its way into my head.

“So…do you love me enough to tell me what you were talking about?” I questioned.

Even though I said that I would drop the subject. I couldn’t help the fact that I wanted to know what they were talking about. I’m a curious girlfriend, I can’t help it.

Anthony looked slightly taken back by my question. I’m sure that he wasn’t expecting me to ask him that. Instead of calling me out on it, he simply shrugged his shoulders.

“Just something going on at home” he spoke. “We have to go check--”

“We?” I interrupted. I was hoping that he didn’t mean what I think he meant. I hope that at the least, he meant me and him. He couldn’t mean what I think he does.

Anthony then nervously rubbed the back of his neck. “Uh, yeah. Joy and I have to check something out back home”

My face fell. He meant it. He had to go back home with her. He had to leave me here and go somewhere alone with her. Somewhere where I wasn’t. He was going somewhere with his ex-girlfriend.

I quickly recomposed myself and smiled. Anthony opened his mouth to speak but I cut him off. “No, it‘s fine go”

Anthony furrowed his brows together. “You sure?”

I nodded once again. “Yeah. I‘m fine with it”

That was one of the biggest lies, I ever told.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments=Next Chapter