‹ Prequel: Love Is Only a Myth
Status: the sequel to Love is Only a myth. Comments help me write faster people. Hope you like it.

Fantasys don't last forever

Four

Athony's POV

No matter how much i tried to stop thinking about it, I couldn't. The phone call had been on my mind for the past 2 days and it wouldn't leave. Everytime I saw London or my cell phone, I thought about it. I thought about how many times she had tried to call me before calling London. I thought about her supposed reasons for calling me, but it still didn't make since. She hadn't tried to call, text or communicate with me at all since I left. Why was she calling me now? All I could do was think, and think. I was trying to find a reason for her to call me, but i couldn't. No matter what reason i came up with, it still didn't make any since.

I think Alexis was beginning to notice that something was wrong with me, noticing that I was distant. Although she wasn't saying anything, I knew that she noticed. I knew her far to well to know when she wasn't telling me something that was on her mind. She wasn't distant or anything but she just had that look in her eyes. The look that told me there was something behind those brown eyes that I love. Something that she didn't want to tell me. Either she thinks bringing up the day in the laundry room will be awkward for me, or she wants to forget about it. Either way it was something.

"Mr. Blackwood" Mr. Tucker boomed from the front of the classroom. His voice brought me out of my thought and back to the reality of my genetics classroom. Mr. Tucker stood in the front of the class with his arms folded across his chest. His face showed a mixture of seriousness and annoyance.

"Hm?" i responed. There were various giggles in the classroom from the girls. Some of the guys shook there heads and some groaned. I didn't pay them any attention though, I didn't care if they were trying to grasp my attention by giggling. What attention wasn't on the phone call, was on Alexis...my Alexis.

Mr. Tucker sighed and placed on of his hands into his pocket. "The QUESTION Mr. Blackwood was why did Gregor Mendel choose pea plants as the subject for his experiment?" he repeated.

I simpled shrugged. I honestly didn't care for gentics, I just had to take it as a graduation requirement. I don't even know who Mendel is, and frankly i don't care. He's proably another German scientist who discovered something that has to do with science. But i didn't care. My mind was on more important things than Gregor Mendel.

A hand slowly but confidently went into the air from the seat next to me. "Ah Ms. Jacobs would you like to save Mr. Blackwood from drowing?" Mr. Tucker questioned.

Alexis turned her head to look at me. She smiled her amazing smile, lighting her eyes up, at me. Just her smile made my heart pound a million miles per hour in my chest. I love this girl more than I can stand. It's in describable what this girl can do to me with something as simple as a smile. She then turned her attention back to Mr. Tucker who was waiting for an answer from her. Her smiled quickly changed into a smirk. "I think i would rather tell you the answer" her smirk never leaving her face as she spoke. There were various oh's made from the class and a small chuckle from Mr. Tucker. I just shook my head and smiled at her. She was deffinately unpredictable, which is something I love about her.

"Alright then" Mr. Tucker said quieting the class down. "Why did Mendel test his experiment on pea plants?"

"Because they are true-breeding plants" she explained.

"Meaning"

"That when self-fertilized there offspring will posess the same traits as the parents. This made it easier for Mendel to conduct his experiment and understand more about the principle of Genetics"

"Correct as usual Ms. Jacobs" Mr. Tucker said as he wrote the word true-breeding on the board. "Maybe next time Mr. Blackwood, you will pay attention in my class"

I set my attention on Alexis who was now smiling and shaking her head at me. "Or i could get a private tutor" I replied while sending a wink her way. She giggled and shook her head before setting her attention back on her notes. I could notice a small blush rising on her cheeks. It made her look cute and innocent.Though I know she's not.

I leaned over and placed a kiss on her cheek, feeling the heat from her blush against my lips. "Are you saying that you're not going to tutor me?" i whispered into her ear.

She simply smiled and continued to stare down at her notes. "I'm saying that your distracting me from doing my work" she whispered. She then turned around to face me and setting all of her attention on me. "And I won't be any help if I'm not doing good either"

"Babe, you'll always be help to me"

"You're way to much of a smooth talker, you know that"

I let out a small chuckle as I smiled as her. "Of course I do. But I also know that I love you"

"See there you go smooth talking again, but i love you too" I laughed and gently kissed soft inviting her lips. I expected her to pull away but she didn't instead she kissed back equally as gentle. My stomach began to do cartwheels and flips as my heart pound in my chest. The things that this girl does to me is indescribable.

The sound of someone clearing there throat caused us to jump apart. Mr. Tucker was giving us both a cold hard stare as he stood in front of us. I hadn't even noticed that he walked up to us. I was so focused on kissing Alexis that i didn't hear his footsteps. The entire classes attention was now focused on us. Some of the guys were giving me thumbs up while the others simply watched the scene unfold. Some girls had a look of disgust written on there faces, some were shocked and some simply didn't care. Once again I didn't care about what anyone else thought.

"I see that Mr. Blackwood has decided to pull you into the water with him Ms. Jacobs" he said to Alexis. She turned away from me as a blush slowly made it's way onto her cheeks. She shook her head a little so that her hair would cover her now red cheeks. I had to resit the urge to small at how adorable she was. I was in enough trouble as it is, no sense in trying to get into even more trouble.At least not right now anyways.

Mr. Tucker then turned to face me, his face remaining serious. I could feel a lecture coming on. "I would suggest that you two save your public displays of affection for someone else's class. I would also recommend that you pay more attention to the lesson and this class rather than to Ms. Jacobs, Mr. Blackwood. Further more, unless you were somehow discussing something related to Genetics in between your..." he looked back and forth between Alexis and I. "display, then I suggest you don't "communicate" at all." he said using air quotes.

"Well it is about Genetics" I heard Alexis mumble from beside me. I knew that she was trying not to be heard so she wouldn't be a smart ass, but it didn't happen that way.

Mr. Tucker turned on his heel and face her. "Oh really. Do explain how you two's display of public affection relates to Mendel's experiment" he questioned with a smirk as he crossed his amrs over his chest. I was simply glad that i didn't say anything because i had no idea what we were talking about. But i was curious about how Alexis was going to relate this to Mendel. If he would have said Genetics she could have said something like 'well genetics is about reproduction and what we were doing is how reproduction starts' but I knew she wouldn't say something like that.I kind of hoped that she wouldn't say it either.

Alexis took a deep breath before looking up at him. "Well like i said before pea plants are true-breeding meaning that the offspring will display the same traits as the parents. Well we humans aren't true-breeders, we're hybrids. Meaing that we produce sexually instead of asexually. Pea plants being a sexual reproducers, reproduce on their own while we need a sperm and an egg to be present. Not only that but the process has to be started by a public display of affection A.K.A kissing." She set her attention on me and smiled. "Which is what i was trying to display to Mr. Blackwood here, but as you can see he's a kinesthetic learner so I had to.......service myself to his needs" she explained. Damn, she actually found a way to relate it to what he was saying. I didn't even think that was possible. Not only is she goregous, artistic, fun, and simply amazing, she's also smart. This girl is only making me fall for her more and more.

There were various oh's from the class, mainly the guys, but a few girls. They were cheering and just being teenagers. Some were even laughing at Mr. Tuckers expression od utter shock. I don't think they thought she could do it either. Once again, she my unpredictable Alexis.

"Alright, alright settle down" Mr. Tucker said trying to calm the class down. "Did you at least understand what she was saying?"

Matt's hand instantly shot into the air. "I'm a kinesthetic learner as well so I think Ms. Jacobs should service herself to my needs too, since I'm having a little trouble too"

I instantly shot a glare his way. Does he always have to be such an ass. "I think Ms. Jacobs has serviced herself enough today" Mr. Tucker answered with a roll of his eyes. He turned back around to face Alexis. "That was a nice explanation, and it would have worked if I hadn't of heard part of your conversation" he replied before walking away. Damn, so close.

Alexis giggled and turned back around to face me. "You're still confused about what I said"

"Why do you think that?" I questioned. The truth was that I was still confused about what she had said, i didn't understand any of it. Hell, I didn't understand genetics at all.

"Because you get all of those lines in your forehead when you're confused" My hand instantly covered my forhead but i tried to play it off as scratching my head.

"Nice try" she replied with a smirk. I smirked back and placed a quick kiss in her lips.

"Am I going to have to split you two up?" Mr. Tucker questioned from the front of the room.

I turned back around in my seat facing forward. I leaned back in my chair and and crossed my arms over my chest confidently. I shook my head no with my smirk never leaving my face. "No sir, she's done explaining sexual reproduction to me" I saw Alexis blush again out of the corner of my eye as Mr. Tucker turned back around to face the board.

My phone suddenly vibrated in my pocket. I pulled it out and saw that u had a text message. Of course it would be from none other than her. Does she have this shit timed or something? Whenever Alexis is around me text or call. That's deffinatley what it seems like she doing.

As much as I wished that i hadn't, I opened the text. Who knows why I did it, but I did.

I have some good news

I glanced over at Alexis who was fully engrossed into her notes. I sat there contemplating whether I should text back or not. I sat in my chair weighing out my options. I could ignore it and pretend as if I never got it, I could delete it and not care what her news was, I could reply back and find out what her news was, or I could sit here and stare at the text thinking about what to do.

I sat there for what felt like hours but was only 5 minutes. I sat there trying to decide what I should do. I sat there thinking about it as if my life depended on it. As if what I did with this text message would determine what happens in my life next. I finally decided on what I would do about the message. I decided to do what I've been doing to her for a while now. To do the same thing that i always did when it came down to her.

Avoid.

The cowards way out. The way to deal with something when you don't want to deal/ think about it. The way to handle something that was bothering you. The easy was to temporarily erase something from your life, if just for a momment. The one thing that everyone has done at least once in there life. I texted back my response before deleting both of the messages.

Now's not a good time

I thought that it would be over after that.Who knows why I thought that? I tried to convince myself that it was over and done with as i slipped the phone into my pocket once again. I even began to focus on the lesson Mr. Tucker was teaching, but of course things didn't go my way. My phone vibrated again signaling that she had texted back. It was fates way of telling me that I don't get to decide what happens next. Whether i wanted something to be over with or not, it wasn't my decison to decide. It was fates decison.

I sighed as i slid the phone out of my pocket once again. It was like I had no control over what I was doing. No matter how much i scolded myself and told myself not to read the message, I couldn't control it. I opened her response and read it.

Well when is a good time

I felt the urge to glance up at the clock to see the time. Class ended in about fifteen minutes, meaning that I could hang out with Alexis, and ignore all of my problems. I took a deep breath, quickly typed a response and sent it. After I had sent it I realized excatly what i had just said. I did the excat opposite of what I wanted to do. I wanted to avoid but instead I seeked. I lowered my head onto the desk, careful not to make a sound loud enough to get anyone's attention. I laid there admitting defeat to fate. Things just wouldn't go my way and there was nothing that i would do anout it. I closed my eyes and thought about the text message.

Call me in 15 and tell me

My phone vibrated in my hand once again signalling that there was yet another response. I didn't want to read it. Reading it would be just as wrong as what I had said. Looking at it would only confirm my fears. Then agian, maybe I would get a differnt response than expected. Maybe she would say that she couldn't call me then and I wouldn't have anything to worry about. Then my wrong would have been corrected.

But of course things didn't go as i hoped. Things didn't go the way that I had planned. Instead I found myself feeling even worse than I did before as I stared at the response.

Okay ttyl
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long to post. I was suffeing from a little writers block and had to brainstorm in order to get over it.

What do you guys think about Anthony's thoughts on the situation?
Do you think that Anthony should answer the phone when she calls?

Shout-Out
shanzz
Drop Dead Halfpipe

Comments=Next Chapter