The Path

Chapter 2. The Sleeper

I stood next to the door, still afraid to go inside, I could smell something different in the air, it was something I couldn’t describe, something I’ve never smelled before.
The only noises that came from the room were the crying sounds and a little music box which was stuck, it kept repeating the same music over and over again.

I was now admiring this purple and blue room, a room I’ve never seen, a room that didn’t belong here, it had nothing to do with the one I owned. Where were my things?

The room was a clear, full of light, completely different from the rest of the house. I could see some small toys lying on the floor, I slowly got even more near to the crying sounds, they were coming from a crib, and a baby was lying there crying. In the wall above the crib were some verses of a poem, a poem that I had never seen in my life, which said:

Love set you going like a fat gold watch.

Our voices echo, magnifying your arrival. New statue

In a drafty museum, your nakedness

Shadows our safety. We stand round blankly as walls

One cry, and I stumble from bed, cow-heavy and floral

Effacement at the wind's hand

I'm no more your mother

I looked at the baby, I should probably take him in my arms, I got near the baby and I was almost touching him, when I saw the door slowly opening.

It was Ville, he was looking tired, I immediately got a smile on my face, I felt relived, now I could finally ask him what was going on.

His hair was all messy, he always looks adorable when he wakes up, but in a way, he seemed like he hadn’t been sleeping much, he had big dark circles under his eyes.

He walked through me and didn’t say a word, it was like he didn’t even saw me.
He got near the crib and took into his arms the little and delicate baby, he immediately stopped crying. Ville was bouncing the baby in his arms as he sang something, really low, almost like a whisper into the baby ears, my heart almost melted, although this entire baby thing was weird, in this moment, I couldn’t avoid having a smile on my face.

“Ville?” I asked, he didn’t answered me back. Wasn’t he listening to me? I couldn’t remember any discussion that we had.

“Who’s the baby?” I ask, but still got no answer.

“Please talk to me, what is happening?” I screamed, but my voice almost didn’t come out. I was feeling really confused now, wasn’t he seeing or hearing me? I was right in front of him.

Moments passed and I still had no answer, I can’t recall how much time I spent there, trying to get a response, then, I started feeling heavy...like someone knocked me down, my head was hurting, I was starting to feel sleepy. I was feeling like I didn't slept in years, and like nothing happened, I blacked out…
♠ ♠ ♠
Here is the 2nd Chapter :)
Please let me know if you see any errors, english is not my native language.

I would love to hear your opinion about this, comments are always appreciated.

Btw, the poem name is: Morning Song Analysis by Sylvia Plath.
***Thank you***