The Path

Chapter 3. Like glimpses of forgotten dreams

I woke up screaming. I hugged the covers of my bed as if my life depended on it. It was just a dream. It was just a dream. It was just a dream. I kept telling myself this but it was still to vivid.

I was disorientated, I looked to the right side of the bed, and nobody was lying there.

“Ville?” I screamed in the hope that this time, he would answer me.

“I’m right here, calm down” Ville said, opening the door.

I ran to him and hugged him.

“Don’t you ever do that to me again”. I said with a serious face.

“Do what?” He seemed confused. “You were having a bad dream sweetie, it’s over now”. He added.

It felt so real, my hands were still shaking.

For several years during my youth I recorded my dreams daily. I developed a skill in retrieving remarkably complex sequences of dreams and capturing them on paper. There were several hundred pages of dreams written while I was still a teen, which are lost somewhere in my parents' basement-- misplaced or thrown out.

Later, I went through a stage where I discarded the importance of dreams because they were part of the past and I was determined to live in the present, the Now.

But these dreams were different from the ones I had before, these were not a part of the past and I was intrigued to know if they belonged to the future.

I never believed in those people who talk about premonitions, I think that when someone says that they can predict the future or something like that, they are full of bullshit, forgive my language. All they want is to get attention and they are desperate for publicity. Well I’m a septic person and I’ll be like this until someone proves me wrong.

*****

I had calmed down after a few minutes in Ville's arms but the dream still lingered. If only I could just shake the feeling of dread that was hanging over me.

We were now downstairs having breakfast, my phone started ringing.

“I bet it’s Denise” Ville said.

“With you saying that it seems like she’s always calling”.

“She is, she’s always glued to you, doesn’t she have a life?” He said.

“Now you’re being mean, you know what she has done for me” she replied.

I picked up the phone

“Hello?” I asked.

“Hey Cassandra, it’s Denise, I’m sorry for calling this early, but I was wondering if you could come into my office, we need to discuss your next project” Denise is my publisher, she is a nice girl and she has helped me a lot, through the years. She was one of the few persons that recognized my talent and got me a chance to work in what I love.

“Hi Denise, good morning, yes I can go, just give me an hour to get ready”.

“Ok, take your time, sweetie”. She answered back.

“I’m going to town to have a meeting with Denise, do you need anything?” I asked Ville.

“I’m fine, thank you.” He answered.

“Good then, I’m going to take a shower”.

While I was taking a shower I began thinking about the dream/nightmare, well I don’t even know what it was, I only knew that it was awkward, I couldn’t even remember the last time I had a nightmare, it was a long time ago. Probably I was starting to get a little paranoid and obsessed, but I am curious and stubborn person and I won’t stop thinking and acting until I get the answers to my questions.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's chapter 3, I'm sorry for not posting for a long time, but you have to blame my computer that is always fucked up. -.-

And I've been having some problems with the continuity of story too, so any ideas are welcome :D

Please tell me what you think about it. And Happy Easter everyone <3