Status: Complete

Skull and Dagger

Mistakes.

She kicked like mad. No matter how beautiful he was, no pirate would ever touch her without facing the consequences!

“Jesus Christ!” He leapt back frantically, just barely escaping the sharp toe of her boot. “What on earth is the matter with you?!”

“You said you wouldn’t touch me!” she yelled right back. “I should have known I could never trust—!”

“You’re bleeding” he cut her off, gesturing to the wound he’d been trying to inspect.

She looked down and discovered that indeed a small cut was bleeding where that other pirate had cut her dress; the blade must’ve just nicked her skin. “I-I didn’t realize,” she stuttered, instantly apologetic.

His brow furrowed slightly, and this time she didn’t pull back when he reached out to inspect the wound. “This has been cut…” He frowned further.

“That thug friend of yours did it,” she said, huffing slightly. “Allman. I can’t imagine why you’re at all surprised.”

“Passengers are never to be harmed,” he said sternly, looking up at her with flashing blue eyes. “Quinn did this? That bloke you cut?”

“Yes.”

“He’ll be punished for it,” he assured her with such sincerity that not even she could doubt his word.

Their eyes met and locked for a moment, brown to blue, and she felt her breath catch in her throat and her heart pound in her chest at the intensity of this man.

And then he moved behind her to untie her wrists, and the spell was broken. She warily rubbed the flesh there, surprised at how little it had actually bruised.

“There’s water in the basin,” he informed her in clipped tones. “I'd volunteer to help but…” He eyed her foot warily and backed out of the room. “M'lady.” He gave her a curt little bow before the door shut and the lock turned, trapping her within.

She quickly ran over to check the lock. Unfortunately, it was a good one, and her hairpins weren’t strong enough to pick it. Step two was to examine the dagger under the bed. It too was thoroughly secured, the blade too thick to fit between the wall and the metal bolts that held it in place. That left only the small porthole… She wasn’t surprised to see that that avenue of escape was also hopeless.

She flopped back down onto the mattress with a weary sigh. There was no use denying it; she was completely trapped and at his mercy. At least he didn’t seem to be as much of a hoodlum as that Quinn, however…

“Oh well,” she on her back and stared up at the wooden planks of the ceiling, “at least I don’t have to marry Parker anymore…”
♠ ♠ ♠
See? Frankie's not all that bad. Bless his little heart!