Status: Complete

Skull and Dagger

Another attack!?

“So, what would you do if someone came after you with a gun and a sword?” Elizabeth asked curiously, her feet dangling over the rail as she continued to question the flummoxed helmsman.

“Uh…” he began, confused, leaning against the steering wheel. He stared out into the deep fog that surrounded them, searching for an answer within the mist…or, perhaps, hoping that Elizabeth would disappear into it so he wouldn’t be embarrassed further by her prying question’s about a pirate’s life.

“Yeah, Collins!” one of the rather amused pirates that were hovering around listening to Elizabeth's interrogation shouted out. “What would you do?”

“Use you as a shield!” Collins shouted back.
Elizabeth's brow wrinkled for a second. “Yes, I guess that would work,” she finally decided cheerfully, “as long as you don’t ever use Gerard for a shield.”

Collins chuckled slightly. “Wouldn’t dream of it, sweetie. So,” he couldn’t pass up the opportunity to try and find dirt on the first mate in order to embarrass him later, “how’s ol’ Gee been treatin’ you in the sack?”

Elizabeth perked up immediately as her favorite topic - sex with Gerard - came up. However, before she could begin to explain the high quality of the orgasms Gerard provided her with, a shout suddenly echoed from the crow’s nest.

“Ship off the port bow!”

Everyone started at that, and Elizabeth looked to one side while everyone else looked to the other. “Right,” Elizabeth grumbled under her breath, pushing her way through the crowd of men who had flocked to the side in question, “port is the ship’s left, not necessarily my left…” She blinked when she saw the dim, dark outline in the midst. “What is it?” She purposefully poked the sailor nearest to her.

“What is it?!” he called up to the crow’s next, belatedly realizing that it would be easier to see from above
.
“No markings!” The shout came down.

This caused a flurry of activity.

“Someone find the captain!” Collins ordered. “This could be an attack!”

No canon fire sounded, however, as the other ship drifted steadily closer.

“What is it?” Gerard demanded, running up at that moment.
“Ship. No markings,” Collins squinted into the fog. “Looks like a derelict…”

“A ghost ship?” someone asked nervously.

“ ‘Ghost ship’?” Elizabeth repeated, fascinated.

Gerard noticed that she was present for the first time. “This could be a trap,” he informed her. “You’d better get below deck, and-”

“Blah, blah, blah, a pirate’s life is too dangerous,” she grumbled under her breath, obviously displeased but giving in to his wishes anyway.

“Where’s Frank?” Gerard demanded, checking to make sure that the guns that had just been brought up from the galley were all properly loaded…
♠ ♠ ♠
As explained in previous chapters, and stories. Nae's in hospital. So I'm here. So I have taken over AN and have dubbed them PN (Pete's note)
I like this chapter.. I like the next one even better though >=)
Yeah. I've read up to chapter 30 of this story =D Envyyy meee.. Not really. Just dont come to my house and mob me, and I'll be nice =D