Status: Complete

Skull and Dagger

Rescuer.

Annabelle fought the blackness that overcame her, but it was no use. She was slipping, slipping…

Rising?

She forced herself to work through the hazy pain that threatened to overcome her to see the least likely hero she’d ever seen finish off her attacker with a quick blow to the head.

“Sites?” she tried to gasp out in disbelief. Unfortunately, her throat was so bruised that it merely came out as a wheezing gasp.
In an instant, Father Sites was at her side, the bat still firmly held in his hand.

“Can you breathe?” he asked anxiously.

She managed to nod numbly and tried to speak again, but all that came out was a little croak.

“Don’t worry,” Sites said nervously, moving to take off his glasses and clean them before he realized that that probably wasn’t the wisest thing to do in the current circumstances.

The current circumstances involved Elizabeth shrieking like a banshee and swing her knife - as well as a sword she’d picked up somehow - in such erratic and violent arcs that the enemy was scrambling helplessly to get out of her way. There was just no way to predict what she was going to do next well enough to risk any kind of attack.

Even though her throat was burning and she felt as though she would collapse any minute, Annabelle still rose shakily for her feet. There was plenty of time for fainting later; right now Elizabeth needed all the help she could get in holding off their certain deaths.

Annabelle picked up her sword and made the first half-dizzy lunge at the
nearest enemy pirate just as Elizabeth's sword missed its own target and became lodged in the wall. She was forced to leave it behind, relying only on her dagger.

Sites, realizing their grim situation, leapt into the battle at well, swinging the large wooden bat ferociously at their attackers.
And, all the while, more and more of the enemy pressed inward…
♠ ♠ ♠
PN - I'm sure Nae will really love reading all your feedback when she gets home ^^
It's all been so lovely and positive, I can understand why she loves writing so much with you guys as readers =D