Status: Complete

Skull and Dagger

Almost.

She flashed him a radiant smile. “Knew there was a gentleman in there somewhere,” she teased lightly. Yet, strangely, even though he’d already agreed to her request, she had no desire to withdraw her hand. She could feel the strength in his arm beneath the silken shirt he wore, and a little tingle ran through her body in response to those lean muscles.

Still under her spell, Frank took a step closer so that their bodies were only inches apart. Annabelle looked up at him with eyes that seemed unusually wide and innocent for a woman that seemed so confident at everything else. Her breath caught in her throat as his index finger came up under her chin, tilting her head upward so that her eyes were looking up into his, and her lips…

“Frank!” Gerard's voice called out from the next room. “You here?”
Frank hadn’t even realized he’d half-closed the distance between them until the shout startled him back into reality. “In here, mate!” he responded reluctantly.

Annabelle's eyelashes fluttered open from where she had unconsciously closed them, and she turned nervously over to the desk, fighting the flush of her cheeks and that strange weakness in her knees.

Gerard appeared in the doorway a few seconds later. “The winds have changed,” he announced. “Are we headed back for Dead Man’s Island?”

Frank nodded. “Doesn't seem like our attackers had any friends,” he agreed, following Gerard out.

In a flash, Annabelle was out right behind him.

“Oi!” he exclaimed in protest. “You—”

“You agreed I could come out,” she informed him, arms crossed over her chest in a no-nonsense manner. “And I want to now.”

Frank merely let out a weary sigh. “You seen that woman of yours round anywhere?” he asked Gerard…
♠ ♠ ♠
3 days till Crimbo!
(What!? I'm an immature 5 year old okay! Me + Jo actually discussed this yesterday. Half of my brain is a 5 year olds. The other half a horny 20 year old male. Ironically. I'm neither of those..)