Status: Complete

Skull and Dagger

Bob

“And, if I may ask your name, milady?” The slight Irish drawl vanished from Bob's voice as he took on more formal tones in addressing her.

“Sutton,” she informed him primly, belatedly snatching her hand back from his when she realized she’d let him hold it for fall too long. “Miss Annabelle Sutton.”

“Annabelle…” he let the syllables of her name roll off his tongue. “A beautiful name for a beautiful woman.”

She blushed again.

Frank frowned. He’d warned her about Bob's womanizing tendencies, but had she listened to him? Oh no, of course not! Well, if she wanted to flirt with him, then so be it! After all, it wasn’t like he cared…

“Would milady Annabelle sit at my side?” Bob was absolutely pouring on the charm.

“I thought you said that seat was reserved for Frank,” she countered, coming back to her usual self a bit.

“Over any man, yes,” Bob agreed shamelessly, “but I’m afraid Frank is no competition for a charming lady such as yourself.”

Her eyes narrowed, and she turned in surprise when Frank settled in the seat next to her, leaving her trapped next to Bob. He gave her a wry grin off of her incredulous look.

“So, Annabelle,” Bob's hand moved beneath the table so that it just barely brushed against her skirts. They were crowded together enough that it could have been an accident, but Annabelle highly doubted it. And, unfortunately, the cramped seating arrangements meant that she couldn’t move away. Bob continued just as if nothing were different. “How on earth did a fair lady such as yourself end up with such an…uncouth companion?” He gestured to Frank with his knife.

Annabelle snorted in a way that wasn’t ladylike in the slightest. “My ‘uncouth companion’, as you call him, at least has the decency to keep his hands to himself!” she retorted.

Gerard coughed and started choking on his drink while Elizabeth patted him repeatedly on the back. Site's eyes darted around the room nervously, waiting for them all to be sentenced to death any minute. Quinn's eyes just narrowed at Annabelle's latest infraction. Frank's face remained indifferent the entire time.

But it was Bob's reaction that truly mattered, and all he did was laugh, slapping the table with his fist. “A feisty vixen, this one!” he announced in delight, turning to Frank. “Where’d you find her? I don’t recognize her from the courtesans here.”

“I should say not!” Annabelle exclaimed with an indignant shriek, cocking her fist to strike with her full force.

Frank caught her elbow before she could do any such thing, however. “I thought we agreed you’d avoid brawling’,” he hissed at her.

I did no such thing!” she informed him primly, yanking her arm free of his grasp. “You just ordered me not to fight. I never agreed to anything.”

Frank's eyes flashed, and the muscle in his jaw began to tick.

Bob laughed again at Frank's obvious frustration. “Haven’t completely tamed her yet, have we?” he taunted, taking another sip of his ale. “She’s a pretty thing, though. Well worth the wait…”

“Oi!”

“Hey!”

Frank and Annabelle both lurched out of their seats simultaneously, both intent to defending Annabelle's honor.

Elizabeth merely rolled her eyes. “They’re not actually having sex,” she informed Bob from her seat between Gerard and Sites. “We’ve had people listening at their door for days now.”

Annabelle's face turned a deep maroon at this, and Frank's cheeks darkened slightly as well.

Bob's smile merely grew. “I would’ve thought you’d have had the sense to snatch this one right up, Frank,” he commented, his eyes raking up and down her body once more, “before someone else beats you to her…”

Frank didn’t bother to stay Annabelle's blow this time. Unfortunately, despite her practiced skill at kicking between the legs and bashing people over the head with blunt objects, her slap wasn’t much more effective than any other woman’s.
♠ ♠ ♠
I MADE BOB IRISH!

*Drool*

:D