Status: Complete

Skull and Dagger

"Stop Interrupting!"

Annabelle rolled her eyes. “Is there anyone who hasn’t been attacked by pirates?” she wondered.

“Actually, there’s less then a dozen ships around here,” Frank pointed out. “It's actually fairly rare.”

“Then it’s just my incredible misfortune?” she teased before a sly grin spread across her lips. “Or fortune, as the case may be…”

His hazel eyes twinkled back at her in response. “Can’t say I can bring myself to hate the circumstances that brought me you,” he agreed softly.

One of her hands reached up to stroke the soft curls that had started to appear more as his hair grew. They were beautiful, though, and she wouldn’t have him any other way.

“So, I’m guessing you didn’t die,” she jested lightly. “Which means that I’m also guessing that Bob was the captain of the ship that attacked you…”

He scowled. “You just had to go and blow the big surprise, didn't you?” he sighed in exasperation.

“Let’s just say that I’m starting to see…parallels in our situations,” she conceded.

He let out a low chuckle at that. “You’re a menace, love,” he whispered softly against her hair. “Don’t know what I'd do without you…”

“And you’re not kissing me, why?” she demanded, one perfectly sculpted eyebrow raised.

He couldn’t come up for a good response to that and brushed his lips softly against her own, shutting his eyes and savoring everything about her – her perfume, the warmth of her body, the softness of her lips, the sweet taste of her mouth, and the little mewls that escaped her throat as he set her body ablaze with his passion. Together, they pulled apart, amazed at how the connection between them seemed to grow each time their lips met.

“Satisfied?” he asked with a wry smirk.

“For now,” she agreed with a coy smile. “Aren’t you going to finish your story?”

“Only if you stop interrupting,” he mock-huffed.

“Promise,” she insisted with a dancing light in her eyes that indicated that she would do anything but.

He let out a resigned sigh but continued nonetheless…
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! More irish Bob next chapter :D:D