Status: Complete

Skull and Dagger

Plans.

Frank chuckled. “You should’ve seen the expression on Bob's face durin’ the first battle I stayed awake for – took out eight of the enemy, an’ I didn’t even know which edge of the sword was which. Got me right outta the kitchen and onto to deck. Became something like his protégé after that…”

“So, the two of you attacked Williams ships,” Annabelle concluded.

“Williams himself was untouchable,” Frank agreed. “But his investments…”

“You intentionally bankrupted the family,” Annabelle said with a little huff. “You’re the one who set about the unfortunate events of my arranged marriage.”

Frank raised an eyebrow at that. “Was a money thing then, was it?” he said with a sly grin. “Turned out best for the both of us then…”

“I can’t say I object to seeing Parker getting quite thoroughly screwed over,” she agreed with a little smile.

His eyes widened in surprise. “Been hanging around Elizabeth too long, I reckon,” he teased. “You’re startin’ to develop a bit of a mouth.”

“Whereas, I was known for my dainty, polite conversation before,” she couldn’t help but retort sarcastically.

His chest vibrated with a deep, rich chuckle at that, and she lay her head over his heart, savoring the sensation.

“Although,” she added with a little smile, “you really have no right to criticize my speech. The way you talk, I would think you’d grown up on the streets.”

“Suppose I‘ve gotten a li’l…rough around the edges over the years, pet,” he agreed, “but it's all part of my charm.”

She rolled her eyes. “By whose definition of ‘charm’?” she demanded.

“Yours, apparently,” he countered, “seeing as you’re curled up in my lap and all.”

She pulled away slightly and sat up so that she could look straight down into those deep hazel pools. “Rough around the edges,” she agreed
softly, “but still every bit the gentleman…”

His eyes widened when her lips crashed down upon his with enough force to send him falling backward onto the soft sand of the beach. He had no clue where she’d learned to kiss like this – it had to be pure instinct – but he wasn’t about to complain.

Her body fell atop his, pressing down against him, as her tongue carefully traced all the contours of his mouth, fully exploring the moist cavern. She stroked his tongue languidly, slowly stoking a raging fire deep within him.

His body responded, becoming hard beneath the grinding of her hips, but she didn’t let off until she finally deemed that he had been well and truly kissed.

“Luckily for you,” she said with a wry grin when she pulled away, “I’ve never been much of a lady.”

“Lucky…” he agreed breathlessly.

“So,” she lay down upon his chest, quite content to remain there on the beach, her body tangled with his, for eternity, “why aren’t you and Bob still fighting the good fight?”

He snorted derisively. “Let’s just say that the grand ponce is an opportunistic bastard…in more ways than one.”

She looked up at him curiously. “Clarify?” she demanded.

He let out a weary sigh. “A woman,” he sighed. “Innit always? Snatched her right out from under me…”

Annabelle brow furrowed to a scowl.

“Metaphorically speaking, that is,” he quickly clarified. He shrugged. “Lacee was more Bob's type anyway. A quick romp an’ then
gone.”

“And, yet, you’re still mad at him,” she pointed out, still a bit ticked at the image of another woman in his arms.

“That and he abandoned our li’l revenge a few years back. Wasn’t profitable enough for him,” Frank sighed. “So I set off on my own.”

“Don’t you ever get tired of it?” she whispered softly, her voice barely audible over the regular waves of the sea. “Constantly living for
revenge?”

“For so long, I haven’t had anythin’ else to live for,” he murmured against her hair. “Until now…”

She looked up at him in surprise. “You mean…?” she began hesitantly.

“I've never met anyone like you before, ‘Belle.” He pulled her down to him so that their foreheads rested together. “When I met you, I met my match.”

“And I, you,” she agreed, a feeling of deep, warm contentment seeping into her bones as she lay there with the man she… She started a bit at the thought before letting a soft smile creep upon her lips. “I love you, Frank,” she admitted.

“Love you, too,” he agreed, tilting his head to give her a quick kiss. “Y’know,” he commented thoughtfully, “I've actually built up a decent fortune over the past five years. Was thinking…you, me, nice big villa down in South America…”

“Mmm,” she murmured, “sounds wonderful.”

“It's a plan then,” he agreed with a small smile.

“A perfect one,” she agreed before leaning in to kiss him once more…
♠ ♠ ♠
Awe. Well aren't they just adorable (:
The last chapter, was the last of the flashbacks (For now.)
And now it's back to present day.. You know what I mean!