Status: Complete

Skull and Dagger

Bob(II)

Bert felt a near-irresistible urge to tell Quinn ‘I told you so’ just instants before Bob's blade pierced his heart. After all, there was a reason Bob ruled the seas, and they had really stood no chance against him.

Satisfied that the deck was secured, Bob turned to his latest first-mate, a recently-escaped slave willing to fight to the death in order to retain his freedom. “Hold this position, Ray,” he ordered. “Quinn's still on the loose.”

Ray nodded and began to round up the few remaining prisoners while Bob and a handful of his best men ventured below-deck.

Blades poised and ready to fight, they cautiously fanned out, searching through the eerily-quiet hull of the ship for their quarry. The first few rooms had already been searched when Bob heard the first whimpering sound. He gestured for his men to be silent as he followed the noise straight back to Frank’s cabin. He flung the door open to discover...

Well, it wasn’t too difficult to figure out what had happened there. Quinn’s corpse lay on the bed, pants wrapped around his knees, surrounded by a pool of his own blood. Cut ropes were at all four corners of the bed where his captive had obviously been tied.

The woman in question was currently huddled in the corner, clothes torn and drenched with blood, dagger still in hand, sobbing softly.

“Just the pretty little thing I was looking for,” Bob said with a sly smile, approaching her carefully.

Through tear-stained eyes Annabelle recognized Bob, and all hope in her breast died. Quinn was foolish and overconfident, but even Frank was wary of Bob's strength. She severely doubted that she could overpower him. And even if she could...

There was just so much blood, blood everywhere... Could she really spill more?

Still, she lunged at him violently.

Bob sidestepped her attack easily, knocking the dagger from her hand and trapping her in his powerful embrace. “Brave little girl, aren’t you?” he commented, stroking her hair back behind her ear. “I can see why Frank loves you...”

The fight left her at that, the combined horror of the events of her captivity finally overwhelming her. She slumped in Bob's arms in a dead faint, having escaped Quinn’s clutches only to become Bob's prisoner instead...