Status: Complete

Skull and Dagger

Wed.

“...You may ki-” Sites began, but his statement had been anticipated.

Mister and Missus Frank Iero's lips locked, finalizing the ceremony.

From the sidelines, Bob pulled a handkerchief from his pocket, wiping the tears from his eyes.

Darla gave him an odd look.

“What?” he demanded. “I’m no good at weddings...” He blew his nose again before a thoughtful expression crossed his face. “I don’t suppose I have the authority to claim the right of First Night...” he speculated.

Frank and Annabelle gave him a dark scowl.

Darla slapped him upside the head. “Bob, you are such an ass!” she exclaimed in exasperation.

“What?” he protested. “Weddings make me wanna...” He waggled his eyebrows at her suggestively.

Everything makes you wanna...” Her own brow mirrored his motions.

“So,” Annabelle asked coyly, tracing one finger down the center of Frank’s chest, “can we go downstairs now and finish what we started earlier?”

Frank was about to comment that he didn’t know if he could make it all the way downstairs - apparently, Bob wasn’t the only one turned on by weddings - when a shout from the crow’s nest interrupted him.

“Ship coming up fast along the starboard bow!”

“Oh, fucking hell!” Frank complained, spotting their pursuer.

Annabelle frowned. “That’s one of my father’s ships...” she began, confused.

Frank groaned in response. “Not that wanker again!” he complained.

“What?” Annabelle turned to him. “ ‘Again’?” Her brow furrowed. “And don’t call my father a ‘wanker’,” she added as an afterthought.

“It doesn’t look like they’re armed,” Bob commented incredulously. “No canons at least.”

“Ah, the old Williams set-up...” Frank rolled his eyes.

“I take it we’re not blowing him out of the water?” Gerard inquired of Annabelle.

She shook her head and stalked over to the deck her father’s ship had now pulled less than a dozen meters from. “Father!” she stomped the ground petulantly.

Henry Simmons blinked in amazement at the sight on the deck across from him. “Annabelle?” he blinked in disbelief. “But you’re-”

“Very irritated that you’re chasing down my husband!” she retorted. Ooh, that sounds nice, her mind drifted. Husband...Frank...

“Husband?” Henry repeated in shock and disbelief.

Frank’s arms slipped around Annabelle’s waist from behind, and he rested his chin atop her golden curls. “Tried to tell you,” he couldn’t resist gloating.

“You’re-” Henry was still shocked into disbelief, but at that moment the sun glinted off of their twin gold bands, letting him know that it was true. “You mean...I don’t have to put up with her any more?” he inquired in barely-concealed delight.

Annabelle and Frank both frowned at that. “Just go,” Annabelle said wearily. “And maybe you should take a hint that Lord Williams sent you after two fully-armed ships with nothing.”

Henry’s brow did furrow at that. “Yes, quite intolerable,” he agreed. “But...Annabelle is yours now?” he was obviously giddy at the thought of being rid of his troublesome daughter...and not having to feel obliged to be outraged at her circumstances. “No sending her back when it doesn’t work out?” he inquired. “Because I’m washing my hands of her right now.”

Franks’ jaw twitched with barely suppressed fury. “You’re lucky I love your daughter so fucking much,” he seethed, “or I'd blow you outta the water right now...”

“Yes, yes, whatever,” Henry said disinterestedly, signaling for his ship to turn around. “Good luck!” he called out with a snicker that indicated that he obviously thought Frank to be the biggest sucker in the world.

Annabelle winced as the other ship pulled away. “Have I mentioned lately that I really hate my father?” she said apologetically.

“Christ, what’s that man’s problem?” Frank asked, outraged.

She flinched slightly. “Well, I do have a slight tendency to terrorize those around me,” she admitted with a sly smile. “Verbal abuse, sharp-toed boots, tying various servants up...” She squealed when he clutched her up against him.

“We’ll have to do something about that,” he agreed in a low growl, carrying her below deck. “’Cause I‘m a jealous bloke, and I don’t think I‘ll take kindly to you terrorizing, yelling at, kicking or tying up anyone else...”

“I suppose I could merely terrorize you,” she agreed with a sly smile.

“I can hardly wait,” he practically purred. “One request, though. When you tie me up, can it be to a bed?”

Her thumb reached out to trace the side of his face. “I think that can be arranged,” she agreed.

With a moan of anticipation, he carried her over the threshold into his bedroom, slamming the door shut behind him...

“Elizabeth!” Gerard’s voice exclaimed in exasperation from the top of the stairs as he yanked his lover back.

Elizabeth pouted. “But it’s going to be good!” she protested. “I want to listen!”

“No listening,” Gerard informed her sternly, dragging her up onto the deck and letting the newlyweds celebrate their impromptu honeymoon in peace...