Status: Complete

Skull and Dagger

A captive not best pleased.

“Will you please, please cut out that racket?!” Frank exclaimed irritably when the wild young captive’s piercing screams for help finally became more than he could bear.

“Heeeeeelllppp!” was Annabelle's only response.
Frank ran his hand down his face and moved so that he was sitting against the edge of the desk in front of where he’d tied her to the chair when he’d realized at it was the only way to keep the lower regions of his anatomy intact for long.

“Look,” he began, “your crew’s dead; the ship’s burnt. The only people who can hear your cries are my men…”

“I don’t care,” she said sullenly.

Frank breathed a sigh of relief that at least she was talking instead of screaming now. “That may well be,” he agreed with a sly smile, “but you’ll save yourself some wear an’ tear on your voice this way.”

Annabelle debated screaming yet again just to defy his regrettably reasonable logic. However, he did have a point; her voice was getting tired.

“If you so much as think about touching me,” she informed him in an icy voice, “you’ll die a death more slow and painful than anything you’ve ever imagined…”

“Dying from my ears bleeding due to your constant screaming?” he couldn’t help but tease.

Her face remained stony.

“Look,” he began with a sigh, “I’m not gonna ‘sully your virtue’ or some shit like that. Truth be told, we didn't’t think there were gonna be any passengers on that boat. So, we’ll just drop you off when we get back to land, and you can be on your merry way then. All right?”

Annabelle's eyes narrowed suspiciously. “I don’t trust you,” she informed him primly.

“Do you think I‘m an idiot?” he asked abruptly.

“I don’t know,” she countered haughtily.

“Yeah, well, I‘d have to be an idiot to take advantage of you,” he informed her, leaning forward so that his face just barely intruded into her personal space. “’S never a smart idea to take an unwilling woman to bed…
especially one who’s so prone to stabbing.”

She relaxed slightly at that, although she didn't’t let it show on the outside. “I will take every opportunity I can to escape,” she informed him matter-of-factually.

He gave her a sly smile. “Why am I not the least bit surprised?” he joked lightly.

She turned her nose away from him in response.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aw.Love at first sight they really do despise each other, don't they? Ha ha.