My Angel

Mama

I don’t think I’ve ever been this thankful or grateful to be outside; my room was seriously starting to get on my last nerve, I felt like packing up all my belongings and just running away. Of course I knew I couldn’t even though I wanted to just run away; I would be dragged back there most likely with me kicking and screaming. And then I would receive lecture after lecture from my five best friends; and I would prefer not to be lectured right now.

Out of habit I tugging on my black beanie; making sure it was still safely in place which it always is, I don’t know why I worry so much. I made a promise to myself last night; I was going to enjoy this day to the fullest and I was going to keep that promise to myself. I smiled as I signed contently; I was curled up on a comfy leather couch, my body leaning into my boyfriend’s warm body.

“He’s so amazing... he’s voice is like an angel” I giggled watching and listening to Gerard lay down vocal tracks to a song called Mama; I loved listening to his voice, it was one of the main things that was always able to calm me down.

“Mama we're all full of lies.
Mama we're meant for the flies.
And right now they're building a coffin your size.
Mama we're all full of lies.

Well mother what the war did to my legs and to my tongue,
You should've raised a baby girl
I should've been a better son
If you can coddle the infection they can amputate at once,
You should've been!
I could've been a better son.”


“Sometimes I swear you love the guys more then you love me” Frank, my boyfriend, teased letting his fingers brush up and down my left side; loud laugher erupted from the guy’s mouths and drown out Gerard’s voice.

“It’s about time you realized that Frankie; who do you think hangs out with her when you’re not there?” Bob smirked winking at me playfully making me giggle; Mikey and Ray both high fived Bob as they chuckled to themselves, but it was true and everyone knew that.

“Don’t worry babe you’ll always be my number one guy” I smiled brightly up at him before closing my eyes and pressing my lips onto his; a shiver ran down my spine as his cold lip ring made contact with my warm lips. I smiled against his lips when I heard the guy’s groan; I pulled back looking over at my friends and stuck my tongue out at them.

“Hey girlie, play nice” Gerard chuckled walking into the room holding his coffee; I swear if he could live off just drinking coffee then he would. He plopped down on the other side of me on the couch; I smiled sweetly at him as I rested my legs on his lap.

“What am I? A fucking foot rest?” He said looking so serious that I felt bad laughing; but I just ignored that feeling and laughed along with everyone else. The laughing stopped when Bob was called into the recording room to lay down his drum tracks.

“Woo! Go Bob! Go beat those drums” I cheered as he walked out of the room; he chuckled shaking his head at me. I smiled as I watched him sit behind his drum kit and prepare himself; the producer counted him in and then the sweet sound of drums filled the room.

I’ve always been a massive fan of music; ever since I was a little girl I used to dance around the house singing at the top of my lungs. When I grew older I turned to instruments but my favourites will always be drums and guitar; I never really thought I was all that good but people seemed to always tell me differently, not that I ever listened to those people.

I groaned when I felt something quiet hard hit the top of my head; I heard Frank curse above me as a muffin fell onto the floor. “Dude never try to cook again! These muffins are like rock hard” Mikey said placing his hand back on his leg; he must have thrown one of Frank’s muffins at him and it rolled down and hit me.

“Well sorry for trying to do something nice” Frank said and I could tell he would be rolling his eyes at Mikey; I felt his arms tighten around my body as he kissed the top of my head where the muffin hit. How he could mess up my muffin recipe was beyond me; but then again it was possible if you can’t really cook at all.

But of course that one throw from Mikey turned into us running into the hallway and starting a massive food fight; Bob stopped playing just so he could join in. I was surprised when food seemed to just keep coming; I swear we didn’t have this much food in our room.

A wide smile formed on my pink lips as I stood back and watched the guy’s have fun; I haven’t seen them this happy in a while, not only has recording been stressful for them but they’ve also been worrying about me. I put on a strong face but I know they can see straight through it; I hate letting them see just how weak and pathetic I am, not that they let me think let that but I don’t think it, I know it.