Status: Just testing this one out. Comment for more chapters.

Saving Logan

Five. Cinco. Cinq. Fünf. Cinque. Quinque. V.

Mandy flounced off down the dock and was greeted by Brandon when she reached dry land. He was laughing his blue lycra covered butt off and she grinned from ear to ear when she saw him doubled up. “That,” he said, panting for breath, “was the most amazing thing I have ever seen.” Mandy was amazed that he was able to speak at all because he was laughing so hard.

After Brandon’s laughing attack had passed, he linked arms with Mandy and they walked around the set until lunchtime, just catching up on things. Mandy told Brandon all about school and how things were back in the ATL and Brandon told her all about filming and gave her a tour of the set. He also told her about all the shit that went down whenever Jennifer came around. Apparently, most of the time, her and Alexandra ended up fighting and last time it had almost turned physical.

“Yea, apparently Alex has been practicing her karate and judo moves extra hard, just waiting for Jen to show her face again,” Brandon said.

Mandy laughed, “Seriously, Alex could kick her butt five ways to Sunday. Have you seen her? She’s a fuckin’ stick!”

“Excuse me Mandy, but are talking about me or Logan?” Jennifer piped up, appearing from behind the dining pavilion. She had Logan’s hand in a death grip and his face was bright red, most likely due to the ‘fuckin’ stick’ comment. It would have been funny if anyone else had made the joke, but since it was Jen talking about Logan, it wasn’t funny; it was gross. Mandy knew that Logan wouldn’t do anything with her in a million years, but she still gagged when Jen said it.

“Seriously Jennifer, Logan’s my friend, and I didn’t exactly want that visual,” she said, completely disgusted.

“Really? Well it seemed like you two were getting pretty cozy on the dock before I came along,” Jennifer said nastily.

“Jen,” Logan said, being very serious, “Mandy and I are friends. Friends who haven’t seen each other in almost four months.”

“Whatever,” the red headed girl said, “You just keep your hands away from my boyfriend, you little slut.”

“Oh hell no! That is the last fucking straw bitch!” Mandy said, lunging. The only thing that kept Mandy from wrapping her hands around Jennifer’s neck was Brandon, who had grabbed her just in time.

“Jennifer, you can’t say stuff like that to her, she’s my friend,” Logan said. He was finally getting angry.

“No she’s not Logan, can’t you see it? You are abso-fucking-lutely clueless! She almost kissed you on the dock today! If she had, it would have ruined our relationship!” Jen screamed, right in his face.

“No Jen,” Logan whispered coldly, “it wouldn’t have. You’ve done that all by yourself.” He stalked into the dining pavilion, slamming the door as if it had personally offended him.

“What?” Jen said. Mandy ignored the sudden, violent urge to wring her neck, and pushed past her. She saw Logan sitting at a table by himself in the back. Alex had been right; there was no food in front of him. He really hadn’t been eating.

“Hey,” the blonde girl whispered, sitting next to him. “Are you ok?” She placed a hand hesitantly on his arm. He didn’t push her away and she took this as a good sign.

“I don’t know what I’m feeling lately,” Logan said, putting his face in his hands, “I feel like every time Jen comes to set, something like this happens and I never know what to do.”

Mandy sighed, “I don’t know what to tell you, hon… Do you really like Jennifer?” She cringed internally at the question and it’s possible answers, mainly the ones that involved the word ‘yes’.

“I’m not sure… I used to, but with how she’s treating you guys, I don’t know what to feel anymore. After seeing her be so mean to you, I don’t know if I could ever feel the same about her,” Logan said, looking utterly distraught.

“Well… Do you want my advice?” He nodded miserably. “Take a break from the craziness of the set, and go out on a date with her.” Why was she telling him to do this? ‘I must be a masochist,’ Mandy thought to herself. “Maybe what you guys need is some quality time without everyone else breathing down your necks.” ‘If it makes him happy… If this is what he wants…’

Logan looked lost in thought, “Maybe…” he whispered. “I just don’t know. I think I need some times to think about stuff.” Mandy started to get up. When Logan realized what she was doing, he grabbed her arm, “Did I say I wanted to be alone?” Mandy shook her head. “Then sit down,” he said, letting go of her arm.

She plopped down on the bench and wrapped her arm around Logan’s waist. “You’ve lost weight,” she said suspiciously.

“Just a little bit. It must be from all of the training and stuff.” Now it was his turn to stand up.

“What? Where are you going?” she asked.

“To get some food. I’m starving,” he said. ‘And with you around Mandy, this is the first time I’ve been properly hungry in weeks,’ he thought to himself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? Por favor?