Status: completed

Insidious.

Too Much to Handle

The next day I wake up in bed with a killer head ache and a sick feeling in my stomach. I can't remember everything that happened the night before except a few bits of information here and there.

I remember fucking Rachel, and it feeling like the first time.

I remember her yelling for me to come back after I left. I can't remember for the life of me, why.

My phone rings and I look at the caller ID. Harlow. I answer it, and wait for her to say something back.

"Zachary?" She says.

I nod, and then realize she isn't in bed with me. A part of me feels empty, but the other part doesn't seem to care.

"Yeah, I'm here," I tell her.

"I heard you went home with Rachel last night."

I freeze up and wonder if she cares. I want to feel bad for kind of sort of cheating on her, but I can't seem to make myself do it. I don't even know why I bothered with Harlow sometimes. She has so much baggage, and so many issues that I don't know how to deal with. At the same time, I suffer from the same problem.

"Yeah, I did."

"I thought you guys broke up," she continued.

"We did, but... last night... just happened. I didn't think you would care since you seem to go around fucking whoever you want all the time anyways." I didn't mean it to sound harsh. I was just making a point.

"Yeah, well... that stopped a long time ago, Zachary."

"What about Tommy?" I ask.

"What the fuck about Tommy?" Now, she sounded upset.

"You know what I'm getting at."

"No, I don't know."

"You had sex with Tommy, Harlow."

"Yeah, when I first fucking met you, Zack."

My mind is all messed up and I can't tell right from wrong, left from right or even up from down. The room starts to spin and my brain starts to hurt. I drop the phone and let out a loud groan as I grip my hair hard.

"Fucking Hell."

I hear Harlow call my name from the phone and I pick it up and let out a choked out, "yeah."

"Are you okay? Did I say something?" She asks.

I shake my head. "No, it's not you. My head fucking hurts, Harlow."

"You don't have to be such a dick, you know." She's just making a point. She's not upset. At least not anymore.

"I'm sorry," I say. "I don't know what's wrong with me."

She says she can come over if I need her to.

"Okay. Come over."

I hang up the phone and lay down for a minute or two before going downstairs for a glass of water. I wonder if I'm getting headaches because I haven't gotten high in such a long time, then I figure I'm being stupid. I'm not an addict or anything.

My sister sees me when I reach the kitchen and scoffs.

"Who fucked you over?" She asks.

I look at her and narrow my brow. "Who were you with last night?"

Her eyes widen in curiosity. "When?"

"At the dick-pig show. I saw you."

"That guy?"

I nod. "Yeah, that guy Angela. Who the hell was he?"

She shrugs. "Nobody. Get over it."

I know she's not going to say anything else about it, so I drop the subject. She makes herself some coffee and takes some aspirin back to her room along with the warm mug. I try not to freak out over the thought of some guy I don't even know fucking my sister.

It's all just a little to much to handle.

Harlow shows up with a grave look on her face.

I feel light headed as I think of Rachel and her yelling for me to come back.