Status: Updating Entire Story.

Lost Freedom Daydream

The Smell of Pine Trees

CLICK CLICK. The unmistakable sound of a gun being cocked and loaded sounded in my ears.

“Don’t you dare move or I’ll shoot,” The words came from a man standing behind me. His voice was rough yet smooth, almost young. The terrifying words accompanied by the sound of a gun being loaded created the most horrifying thing that I had ever heard. My stomach churned and my throat dropped into my chest. My skin froze like a polar ice cap but I was starting to melt under the fear and darkness. My eyes darted around, seizing my surrounding in mere seconds. One single street lamp shined dimly. It was set directly above us and illuminated the wet ground beneath my feet.

As my breathing became deeper and louder the man spoke again. “Don’t you dare speak,” I began to look at the shadows that were down casted in front of me. I quickly picked out my small figure but behind me I knew stood not only one man but instead a group of men. I made out the shadow of the gun, it pointed directly at the back of my head.
The shadows behind me began to move and I saw each shadow creep towards me. The gap between us became smaller with each passing second. I felt a slight twinge in my feet. A tingle shot up my hands. It seemed as if my body was telling me to act, to move. I responded by breaking free of the concrete spot where I stood and I began to run. I pumped my arms in front my body. I ran till my breath was ragged.
Hearing the heavy foot steps behind me caused my legs to run faster. I could begin to feel the heat that radiated off of their bodies as they became closer and closer to me.
In one last attempt to free myself from them, I turned left and was greeted by a tall pine tree that towered high above the ground. Running at full speed, my left shoulder meet the tree first, I stumbled and ultimately feel to the ground.
My bare knees felt the sting of pine needles stabbing into them. I shrieked out in pain but quickly silenced myself. I flipped my body over, rolling away from the overhanging of the tree. Looking up, I did not see the stars or the full moon but instead I saw the face of five young men staring back at me.
“I…I…Please” I stuttered. I did not even know what words I was searching for inside my head. I wanted to beg them to let me go. I wanted to yell so that anyone nearby might hear but instead I stayed quite.

“Damien, look how scared she is.” One of the men said I guessed that he was talking to the man in the middle. A short chuckle escaped his lips. My eyes darted from the man who spoke to the man in the center of the group. He held a heavy black hand gun loosely, it dangled slightly by his side.

“I thought I told you not to move…” His face, although covered shadows, was still readable to me. Annoyance oozed from his pores. As he spoke he began to reach down, grabbing at my hair and yanking me powerfully upward. I struggled against his grasp. Another boy came behind be, he was taller than me and his upper body was broad, he grabbed my shoulders tightly forcing me to stand still.
“What to do you want?” My voice threatened to shake and crack but I managed, somehow, to remain steady in my words.
“You’ll learn soon enough” The boy behind me hissed painfully into my ear. His words seemed to sting and left me with a chill running down my spine. Within seconds I felt a cool, wet substance cover my mouth. I panicked and breathed in deeply as a response.
Everything began to slow down then. The space around me became darker and the shadows soon over took the hints of lights that were near. My eyes darted around, my mind raced in shear panic; the faces of the men around me seemed much more terrifying. I felt a short falling sensation and then a hard hit strike to my back, ringing filled me ears.
I instantly smelled the dampness of the ground and the fresh scent of the pine trees. My mind clang to that smell as my vision slowly began to disappear, everything went silent, and no longer could I feel the ground beneath me or taste the salty sweat that crept into my mouth. All I could do was smell the sweet pine trees that surrounded me as I slowly faded into darkness.

I slowly came to reality. My breath was soft and yet sweat dripped from every pore of my skin. I began to scan the space around me. Bright lights flooded the room from a bay window to the left of me. My body was lying in an overly comfortable bed that I sank into slightly.
The walls where covered with a soft yellow wallpaper with an old flower design covering it. A white chair rail and white wooden panels covered the bottom half of the walls. There was a square nightstand to the left of bed but oddly enough nothing sat atop the nightstand making the space seem bare and unlived in. A small white desk and matching chair face the window. To my right were a large white wooden wardrobe and a full body mirror.

As I sat up, my eyes spotted two doors directly ahead. My mind told me to stay in the bed, as if some reason it would protect me but my body disobeyed. I crawled out of the safe bed slowly. I made my best attempts to make my footstep light but my legs were heavy. I moved towards the window, my legs dragged as if I was pulling them through a pool maple syrup.
The view from the window was breath taking. An Olympic sized swimming pool was in the center with a Jacuzzi tube off to the left of the pool. The rest of the view consisted of a patio area, a pool house, fully finished and fenced in tennis court, a basketball court with the correct markings, and a shed larger than most houses. The grassy noel was manicured to perfection and bright flowers bloomed everywhere.

One idea suddenly jumped into the depths of my mind. Jumping out of the window, a plan that could result in either my grand escape or my more than depressing fall to death.

Walking over to the door closest to the window I stumbled upon an enormous bathroom. Located within side was a claw foot tube with a detachable shower head. A large stand up shower stood in the corner and even the mirror and sink in front of me seem expensive. The cabinets were filled with fluffy towels, soaps, and hair and make-up supplies. I cautiously looked into the mirror for the first time.
My light blue tank top and denim shorts were covered in dirt and ripped at the hems. My knees were covered with small scrapes and dried blood, dark purple bruises covered my legs and shoulders, my skin seemed paler than normal. My hair was twisted into knots and was filled dirt.

As I stared aimlessly into my reflection, I heard the faint sound of a twisting door knob coming from the French doors located to the right of the room. My heart almost stopped and my breathing became still. Pure terror arose within my body. I did not dare move as I head the door open and then softly close.
Silence filled the open void around me; faintly I made out the sound of powerful footstep. Each step became louder and louder, indicating to me that whoever had entered this room was becoming closer to me with each passing moment.
Still looking into the mirror I finally saw the face of my capture.

"What do you think you’re doing?” He spoke firmly as I began to shake.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank You for Reading!
This an Update and Re-Post of Chapter One Of Lost Freedom Daydream.
Please Comment Your Thoughts!

I also want to give a big shout out to January Rose for helping me with this story! I am truly thankful!