Sequel: I Bet it Stung
Status: Completed

Take Me Anywhere

Chapter 17

When Mia woke up the next morning, she was still debating in her mind whether or not the events of the preceding night had even taken place. Her mind was full of questions, but she knew that she couldn't ask Sidney right away, especially not with the pressure of the first game against Norway on his mind.

She shuffled into the kitchen where a plate of waffles were waiting to be consumed.

"We called up room service," Alice explained, noticing the look on Mia's face. "Don't worry about it. They're really good."

"Want some milk?" Jordan called from the fridge. "I went to go buy a carton. They go pretty well with waffles."

"I can't have dairy," Mia smiled apologetically. "Bad for the vocal chords."

Jordan nodded and poured himself a glass. "You're really serious about this singing business, aren't you?"

Mia laughed. "And you're really serious about this hockey business, aren't you?"

Alice cleared her throat and rapped her knuckles against the glass table to get everyone's attention. "So, Mia," she said, placing her chin in her hands as Jordan took a seat next to her. "Sidney brought you back here last night and tucked you in."

"I know," she mumbled as she picked at her waffles with a fork. "He also kissed me."

Jordan had been taking a sip of his milk as Mia delivered this news, and instantly started choking. Swallowing hard, his face going slightly red, he coughed to clear his throat and then jumped out of his seat, pointing a finger at her. "I knew it!"

"Sit down, Staal," Mia ordered, pointing at him with a butter knife. "I was half asleep when he kissed me, so I don't really think it counts."

"Outward actions of affection don't count?" Jordan questioned. "If that doesn't count, what does? Sid's a really shy and private guy. The fact that he kissed you at all, whether you were pretending to sleep or not, is a huge deal for him."

The buzzing of a phone was heard from not too far away. Mia glanced over and saw her Blackberry vibrating on the kitchen counter. She picked it up and rolled her eyes inwardly when she read the message.

"Who is it?" Alice asked.

"Nate," Mia grumbled. "He wants to meet me for drinks tonight."

"You can't!" Jordan exclaimed. "Tonight's the first game for Team Canada! No way, Norway! And all that jazz!"

"I know that," Mia sighed. "I'm just going to have to meet him in person and tell him off. He doesn't listen to anyone unless they spell it out for him right in front of his face."

Alice shook her head and tapped her fingers against the table. "I just hope you know what you're doing."

* * * * *

"Mia!"

Mia's eyes scanned around the bar and she saw Nate sitting by the counter waiting for her. She felt a bit uncomfortable being there, since the bar was packed with Canadian hockey fans adorned it red and white jerseys. She should have been at the game. It was already well into the second period.

"I didn't think you'd actually show up," he grinned. "Come, take a seat."

Mia sighed and took a seat next to Nate. "Nate, I have to talk to you--"

"What can I get you?" the bartender, a middle-aged man with a kind demeanor and thinning hair asked her with his hands on the counter.

"Oh," Mia shrugged. "I don't really--"

"Get the lady a Cosmo, Jack," Nate grinned, handing the bartender a ten dollar bill. "And you keep the change."

"Nate," Mia hissed. "You know I don't drink."

"One drink won't kill you," he said slyly. "Come on, loosen up."

Mia hesitantly took the drink in her hands and sipped it from the straw. The bright red concoction burned her throat as it went down, instantly making her feel dizzy. She had never managed to build up a high tolerance for alcohol, and even a small glass of wine would often do her in. The Cosmopolitan was so strong, she had to hold onto the edge of the bar to keep balanced.

Nate was just talking nonstop and it went through one of Mia's ears and out the other. She put the drink down, not wanting to have any more. Her head ached and eyelids drooped. She didn't know how long she had sat there for, listening to the drabble that flew out of Nate's mouth. She heard the crowd at the bar counting down...she guessed that the game had reached its end.

"I missed the whole game..." Mia mumbled, trying to leave the bar. "I have to go. This was a mistake."

She rushed out of the bar into the frigid Vancouver night. It didn't take long for her to realize that she was being followed.

"Mia, hold up!"

She groaned and tried to support herself from falling against the wall of a building. Her head kept on throbbing. She had no idea how much alcohol had been in that drink, but she knew that it was enough to seriously impair her. "Nate..." she mumbled. "Please...just leave me alone."

"I can't," Nate said to her, placing his hands on her waist. "Mia...I miss you. I miss you so much, it hurts."

"Nate...please, stop. Just leave me alone." Mia heard a ruckus coming down the street. Judging by all the maple leaf flags, the Canadian hockey team was nearing to celebrate at the closest bar.

He forcefully pushed her against the wall, leaning his weight against her. "Mia, please just give me a second chance. I love you." And with that, he pressed his lips against hers, bringing his hands up to cup her face. She squirmed beneath him, trying desperately to push him off.

Finally, she managed. She was about to scream and bellow at him, but something beyond where Nate stood caught her eye instead.

It was Sidney, looking completely heartbroken as he turned to walk away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Whaaaaat?! Exactly.
So, I watched the Pens face the Red Wings yesterday. Bummed me out. Did anyone see how the Detroit goalie, Howard, tried to grapple Sid's face with his glove and stick? I call cheap shot! But was also amused because I've never seen a goalie scrap before. Good times.

Anyway! The amount of readers and subscribers that I have for this story is ridiculous. I never thought I'd get this many. But anyway, thank you! :)
This story is almost over. Three more, and an epilogue. I know some of you are going to want to kill me after this, but it's all part of a plan. >:D

Keep commenting!
Livia<3