Sequel: I Bet it Stung
Status: Completed

Take Me Anywhere

Chapter 03

"Hey...aren't you Mia Masterson?" one of the guys called. The number 25 was on his jersey. "My girlfriend loves your music."

"Thanks," Mia laughed nervously. "This is my little sister, Alice. She wanted to meet you guys."

"Oh, sure, no problem," none other than Jordan Staal said, walking over to Alice and striking up conversation. Mia just smiled and rolled her eyes, staying by the door and waiting for her sister to be done.

Mia felt a tap on her shoulder. She looked up at number 87 himself, Sidney Crosby, smiling down at her. "Did you enjoy the game?" he asked. His curly brown hair was ruffled slightly, probably from the towel that hung loosely from his neck. His crooked grin made her feel a bit weak at the knees, and all she could do was smile and blush.

"Um, yeah," she replied honestly. "I don't know how you got that goal, but it was great."

"Thanks," he said, the smile still not going away. "So, you're a musician?"

She grinned. "So, you're a hockey player?"

He laughed. "Lame, I know. I've actually heard of you before. I have a little sister, and she's into that kind of stuff. She always sends me songs that she thinks I should listen to."

"Oh, that's pretty cool," Mia said. "Is your sister back in Nova Scotia? Alice told me that you're from there."

"Yeah," he nodded. "Sometimes she comes out to our games, but only when they're closer to home."

"Understandable," Mia said. "Lame fun fact, but I'm Canadian, too."

"Are you really?" Sidney asked with a big smile. "From where?"

"Ajax," she told him. "A smaller town about an hour away from Toronto."

"Oh, cool, I have some family in Toronto," Sidney grinned.

Mario walked back into the locker room and clapped his hands to get the team's attention. "Alright, boys, back to work. Mia, Alice, my apologies, but I need to have a word with them."

"Not a problem," Mia replied. "Thanks for letting us back here."

Mario gave a nod and turned back to the team. Alice trudged out the door, looking disappointed in the fact that she had to leave Jordan behind, but ecstatic about the fact that she had met him at all.

"I've got to run," Mia told Sidney apologetically. "The tour awaits."

"Oh, hey," Sidney suddenly said, looking fairly nervous. "Would you maybe want to grab a coffee with me sometime? You know, the next time we're in the same city."

Mia smiled and let out a small laugh. "Sure. Here, let me write down my e-mail address for you." She took a scrap piece of paper from her pocket and scribbled it down as neatly as she could before Mario was about to push her out the door. "Write to me."

"I will," he nodded. "See you later."

As she exited the locker room, Alice grabbed hold of her arm and dragged her to the side. "What just happened there?" she demanded, her voice hushed.

"What are you talking about?" Mia asked innocently.

"You little vixen!" Alice giggled, smacking her arm. "Who knew your Bohemian good looks would nab the captain of the Pittsburgh Penguins."

"I'm not Bohemian," Mia droned. "I just gave him my email address. No big deal. What about you and Staal?"

Alice grinned and flashed a piece of paper with a phone number scrawled on it. "I gave him mine, too. We're going out tomorrow night."

"Wow," Mia nodded. "You work fast."

"It's a skill," she agreed. "Now, come on. I'm sure your band is wondering where you've been all day."

Alice dropped Mia off at where the tour bus was parked outside of a local motel. She opened the bus door and stepped inside, making her way to her bunk, the bottom one closest to the back of the bus on the right hand side. She rolled in, leaning on her elbows as she pulled her laptop out from underneath her pillow.

She instantly saw that she had a new e-mail from Sidney himself.

Hey Mia,

Just testing out this new application on my Blackberry. What are the next stops on your tour? Let me know.

-Sid

She grinned and typed a quick reply.

Hi Sidney,

After tonight, I've got two more shows until this tour is over. One in Buffalo, and one in Toronto. Maybe you can make it to the hometown show? No big deal if you can't. If you can, I'll send the tickets.

-Mia

An alert popped up about ten minutes later with Sidney's reply.

We're pretty much done our games, I'll see you in Toronto. Let's grab coffee too! Can't wait. :)

-Sid

"What's going on over here?" Dave, the drummer from Mia's backing band asked as he peered into Mia's bunk. Dave was one of the most talented musicians that she knew, aged at twenty seven years. He had a wife and kids, and toured with Mia to support his family. "Hot romance via e-mail?"

"Get lost, Dave," Mia laughed. "Can you ask Jenn to send a pair of tickets to the Toronto show next week to Sidney Crosby and Jordan Staal?"

"Your wish is my command," Dave saluted. "Anything for young love."
♠ ♠ ♠
Updating before school! Enjoy!

Thanks to dreamerforever for commenting first :) Keep 'em coming!

Love, Livia<3