Sequel: I Bet it Stung
Status: Completed

Take Me Anywhere

Chapter 06

Since the tour was over, Mia was finally able to go back to her old house. She and Alice lived together in an apartment downtown, but she liked to go back to the suburbs where her parents lived down by the lake.

"When do you guys have to head back to Pittsburgh?" Alice asked, her fingers interlaced with Jordan's as they stepped out of the SUV that Sidney had rented.

"In a week," he answered. "We've got plenty of time. Maybe we can even visit my folks up in Thunder Bay."

"Meeting his parents already, huh?" Mia teased. "Aren't you two rushing things just a bit?"

Alice and Jordan didn't answer. They just blushed a bit as he placed a protective arm around her shoulder and gave it a small squeeze.

"Do Mom and Dad know that we're coming home?" Alice asked. "I mean, it is after midnight."

"I called them," Mia answered. "They know. And I told them to expect guests, so the couch bed in the basement is set up and everything. Don't worry, I know how Mom gets. I wouldn't just pop in without telling her first, she'd tear me limb from limb."

"Sounds like a nice lady," Sid commented.

Mia giggled. "I love my mom. Don't worry, she doesn't bite. My dad's a big fan of yours, though...watch out for him."

She took the house key out from the zippered compartment of her wallet, a place she knew she'd never lose it, and unlocked the front door. Pushing it open, she stepped inside and looked around.

"Mom? Dad?" she called out. "You still up?"

"Mia!" her mother instantly squealed, running from the living room. "How was tour? You lost weight. You need to eat more. Alice, did you enjoy the concert? No more skipping midterm exams, not even for a Penguins game. Are these the hockey players you told me about? Hide the brunette from your father, he might go crazy and make it awkward for everyone."

Mia and Alice stared at their mother, then back at each other.

"Mom..." Alice whispered. "This is an example of how not to act when we have company over."

"Whatever," she rolled her eyes, heading back into the living room. "The basement's all set up if your guests want to get comfortable. Your father went to bed already."

"Thanks, Mom," Mia said, ushering Sidney and Jordan inside before shutting the door.

"All three of you look alike," Jordan noted. "It's weird...like...little, medium, and big."

"Except Mia's the little one," Sidney joked, "because she's so short."

Standing at five feet, four inches, she glared up at him and gave him a swift smack on the arm. "Don't make me take you down, Crosby."

It was true, though. Mia was the shortest of everyone in her family. Alice was two inches taller, and their mother, Irene, was five feet, seven inches. They all had similar features, being the dark brown hair, large chestnut-coloured eyes, and olive skin. Not to mention the fact that all three of them shared the same personality...their mother was just extremely hyperactive.

Mia and Alice led them down to the basement. It was finished with a low ceiling, so Sidney and Jordan had to be mindful of their heads when walking around. There was a door separating the guest room area, which was really just a wide open space with a couch bed, television and game consoles from the rest of the basement.

"Yes, video games," Sidney grinned. "Please tell me you have first-person shooters."

Mia grabbed the game binder for the Playstation 3. "Look through these and knock yourselves out," she said. "I'm going to sleep...if you need anything, there's a bathroom down here with a shower in that room over there. My room's upstairs facing the stairwell, and Alice's is right next door. 'Night, boys."

"Sleep tight," Jordan called.

"Don't let the bed bugs bite," Sidney chimed in.

"Don't even joke to me about bed bugs," Mia said, stone-faced. "Our neighbour at our place downtown had bed bugs and they almost infested our apartment."

"It's true," Alice nodded. "Well, goodnight."

After they walked back upstairs, Mia and Alice could hear faint laughter coming from the basement. "I can't believe they're staying in our basement," Mia said, shaking her head. "We couldn't be smart and get them a hotel room?"

"Everything's booked," Alice shrugged. "It's only for tonight. We could've brought them back to the apartment, but you wanted to come home and visit Mom and Dad."

"We'll take them to the apartment tomorrow," Mia stated. "Then they won't be imposing here. But not before Sid gives Dad and autograph. If he leaves here without giving him anything, Dad'll never watch a Penguin's game again."

"Right," Alice nodded, retreating into her bedroom. "Goodnight, Mia."

"Goodnight, Ally," she replied, going into her own room and closing the door softly behind her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's an update!
Thanks to everyone who's been commenting/subscribing. Let's keep this thing going, okay? :)

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Livia<3