Random Stories

Who Would Have Thought.

The day was clear and warm. Eddy and Scott talked me into a soft, cotton gray dress with brown shin boots and black flower tights. My brown hair tousled in the light breeze. It was a relieve to get out and get fresh air.
Today, the boys were taking me shopping. I haven't been out in a long while. I hate to admit it, but they were right. I need to be up and out. The last few weeks were rough on me, from my latest break up.
"I'm telling you. You should've bought the shirt. You looked good in it." Eddy and Scott walked out of the store and joined me; standing next to me on the side walk. I could tell they were in a deep argument.
"You're just saying that. It made my chest too stocky." Scott complained. Eddy rolled his eyes at his partner. I couldn't help but smile. Today was Eddy and Scott's anniversary. They had taken care of me for so long, they forgot to make plans for themselves. I honestly don't think I could have survived without them. So I'm paying them back. I wrapped my arms around each of theirs. We walked a ways in blissful silence.
"So what are your plans tonight?" I asked. Ed stared ahead.
Scott shrugged, "I don't know." He turned to look at Ed, who didn't look back.
"Good, because I have a present." Letting go of their arms, I rummaged through my sling purse. Finally, I pulled out an envelope and handed it to two surprised faces. Ed took the brown envelope and opened it. Inside was a cheesy quote and an unreadable signature by yours truly. What they didn't expect was a hotel card.
"What is this?" Ed eyed me while Scott looked it over.
"IT is your room key at the Lexington Hotel. And the rest of your surprise is when you get there." I said with a smile. Scott's face lit up so bright, I could have sworn he was a star.
"We can't except this." Ed started.
"Yes we can." Scott finished.
"Well you're gonna have to, because if you don't check in, in about 15 minutes, you'll have wasted $300,000." I added a sly smile. Ed glared dagger eyes at me. Scott pulled on his arm, clearly wanting to get there on time. You planned this was all Ed mouthed before being dragged away by a bouncy Scott. Ed didn't like surprises, but I knew he'd have fun and thank me later.
I stood there, letting the sun warm my face and skin. Giving a relaxed sigh, I started walking the way we came. But seeing someone made me stop in my tracks. There facing me, was the reason why few weeks were rough.
He hadn't changed at all. He was still tall, corn rows black and long, eyes that were so deep, you'd lose your concentration. The same 3XL shirt and jacket struggling to cling to his shoulders hung loose. Pants baggy and, again, too big for him. Lip ring silver and shining.
Tom Kaulitz.
He just stands there, staring. I didn't know what to so. I was mad at him for what he did. I imagined what I would say, or if I would slap him, or ignore him all together. But looking at him now, I couldn't think.
An annoying raspy sound had been going on for a while. Surprise hit me when I figured out it was me. I couldn't breath. My eyes were watery, knees trembling. I didn't know if they could hold me up any longer. My stomach was twisted in a knot, making me question if I would see my lunch again. But the worst part, was my heart. I can't describe how it feels, but it's almost as if someone is squeezing it. Holding it back from expanding to its full compacity. Making it hard to breath.
It seemed like we stood there for what seemed like hours. I don't know how, but we both walked towards each other at the same time. I never looked away from his eyes. As we got closer, I could tell his eyes were watery. Like he was holding back tears.
He put his arms around my waist the same time I put mine around his neck. Because I'm so short, I had to stand on my toes. That still wasn't enough because he had to bend down a little.
I breathed in and exhaled heavy. He seemed to do the same. Letting myself relax in his embrace. Tom held on tight, almost afraid that I would change my mind and run away. He still showered with the same body wash. I didn't know how much I missed it until then. It was a miracle that I didn't cry.
"I missed you." he spoke softly. I pulled away, taken a back by what he said. He took my hands and said, "I want to talk. Would you give me that chance?" Tom's face looked worried? Scared. That I would say no. It pained me to see him like this. He's never like this, so it must be important. I nodded, which he sighed in relief. We turned and walked down the sidewalk, side by side. Things were no where near fixed, but it was a good start.
Who would have thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a random short story that one day popped in my head while i was listening to Break your heart by Taio Cruz. I would love to hear everyones opinions. Good or bad. And thanks for reading.