I Just Had to Lick the Cookie, Didn't I?

Evil (A Chorus of Resistance)

I want something you have,
I want it oh so bad;
Don't move, hand it over;
I won't stop til it's in my hands


Groaning, I rolled over. It was empty, the space where Milo had been last night. Not only was it empty, it was almost cold. Well, I guess it shouldn't really bother me, you know? At the very least, I should be thrilled. He didn't wake meup too!

"Shit..." someone muttered. I opened my eyes and was shocked.

Milo was facing away from me. He threw an empty orange pill bottle to the floor and I instantly shot up in rage.

Milo's POV

I cannot believe this. They're all gone. All of them. Every fucking last one!

I bet it was my mother... She'd be stupid and do something like this. It's just something she would do. I know it. In complete wrath, I screamed and stomped on the empty bottle.

"What the hell are you doing?" Adriaan growled from behind me. Slowly, I turned around and stared at her angered expression. The intensity of her eyes didn't faze me, considering I'm ten times more furious than she is.

"None---of---your---business," I growled back. Her eyes narrowed and she crawled out from under the covers. The way she moved reminded me of a lioness on the prowl.

"Really now?" she snapped. "Then why in the hell are you stomping on mybottle of meds that was nearly full yesterday!?" she screamed.

Taking a step closer to her, I tensed every muscle in my body and narrowed my own eyes.

"Your meds? What are you talking about?! That bottle had two pills left last night and now they're gone! I need those! Do you see my hands right now?" I raised my trembling hands to show her. "See that? That isn't fucking good! So if you want to argue, go right ahead, princess, because I'll snap your twig self right in half!"

Throughout my screaming, I had come even closer to Adriaan. She was now standing on the floor beside the bed, not three feet from me. The tenseness of her body told me she was ready to fight. That actually made me happy, considering I like to argue and something happened with my meds which most likely altered my normal mood.

"Don't ever call me princess again or I'll make sure to do very, very, very cruel things to you while you sleep. Your muscle is no match for my semi-sadistic mind, Logan," she spat. That sent me over. No one, and I repeat no one, speaks to me that way.

Adriaan growled and scratched at me as I put all of my weight onto her shoulders.

"Get the hell off of me!" she screamed in fury. This made me angrier. When I shoved her shoulders harder, she bit me. Yes, Adriaan Ryker---my fiancée---just bit me. Hard.

Adriaan's POV

"What the hell was that for?" Milo shouted and rolled off of me. I sat up and whipped my head to the side to glare at him.

"What?! Did you just ask me that? Because you're the retard that was about to kill me!" I yelled back. He glared back.

"I wasn't going to kill you," he roared. I scoffed. That's definitely what wasn't going to happen... Alright, sure.

Are you kidding me? That beast was on topof me! He ran at me and tackledme! That thing, tackled me! I probably have bruises now. Good God. Ugh! Seriously---just---ugh!

I let out a piercing scream to relieve some frustration. Milo's eyes widened.

I stood up and jumped around, making sure my feet slammed as hard as they could on the floor when I landed. Still screaming.

I ran into the wall and threw myself around. Still screaming.

I hit myself a few times. My scream weakening.

I let out one feeble last cry and fell to the floor, sobbing.

Everyone, I'd like you to know that that right there---my insane outburst---was a result of bottled up feelings.

Have you ever had that overwhelming feeling? The one where you can just feel the stress and pressure. You can feel it. Well, I let some of that go.

You know when something just bugs the living shit out of you? I mean, it just makes you want to pull your hair out it bothers you so much. Well, that frustration has been lowered.

How about when someone you know dies? Do any of you know that feeling? It's a strange feeling isn't it? You can't figure it all out. Everything's so confusing and jumbled... Well, that feeling still isn't completely gone...

Or, let's talk about that feeling you get when you know that nobody really cares. They say they love you and everyone tells you that those people love you, but you know deep down that they don't. Well, there isn't much to say about that one.

Oh, I know, how about that feeling you get when you realize just how much you hate yourself. Ever experienced that one? Honestly, it isn't all it's cracked up to be. Frankly, I hate myself for hating myself. No 'well' for this one.

And then there's that one where you finally pay attention to everything around you. You take a look at your life and it all just snaps into place. Yea, well, this is a hell of a lot suckier than your average epiphany.

Suddenly, my body was moving. I sure as hell wasn't doing it. I had decided to lie there for all of eternity and die.

"I'm sorry," Milo said genuinely, pulling me onto his lap and wrapping his arms around me. My breathing was as shuttered as an asthmatic with hypothermia. Hence, I was hardly getting any air. Tears weren't just streaming, they were flooding from my eyes. If I could see myself, I'd probably look like some trashy hobo that just got beat up. Maybe.

"I'm really, really sorry. Forget everything, I never meant for this to happen." Sadly, Milo was never the problem; he just made me realize what the problem was. A raspy cough shook my whole body. Now might be a good time to let everyone know a tidbit about me. When I have a cold or am crying really bad, I get this nasty cough, and when I start to cough, I don't stop.

"Hey," he chuckled slightly, "you know, I didn't really want to tell you this, but I take meds too. The same ones in fact..." My coughing had calmed down and so had my shuttering. So, after wiping my eyes, I looked up at Milo shamefully, still in his lap and arms.

"Why?" I asked shakily. It honestly didn't make sense. Milo was so...perfect. Most of the time. Sometimes he has those odd moments, but that isn't what I'm trying to focus one right now. Right now, I want to know why Mr. Perfect-celebrity-soccer-man is on heavy anti-depressants and sleep aids. Don't you?
♠ ♠ ♠
Better? Yea? I thought so. =]