I Just Had to Lick the Cookie, Didn't I?

Anything But Ordinary

To walk within the lines
Would make my life so boring,
I want to know that I
Have been to the extreme;
So knock me off my feet,
Come on now, give it to me,
Anything to make me feel alive...


"We'll take six chocolate glazed, three vanilla dip with the sprinkles, and three regular glazed. Oh, and then I'll take two waters," Milo told the cashier. We managed to walk from Andrew's apartment a whole half of a mile to Tim Hortons without being recognized. Now we're inside and Milo's ordering. The six people in the café were staring us down and probably wondering why a pair of slobs was ordering a dozen donuts...and how.

"That'll be---" the cashier started, but I sneezed, so I don't know how much it was.

"God bless you," Milo said stupidly. That got us a few more glares from the sophisticated bunch of people drinking coffee. Milo handed the guy behind the counter his credit card. The guy swiped it and checked the back.

"I'll need some ID, Mr. Buh---oone..." Yea, that's right you prick, you were giving the famous Maelogan Boone the evil eye. What now, sucker?

"Here you go," Milo smiled, handing the guy his license. The people sipping their coffees stopped, and a few choked. Some lady even dropped her muffin. That was entertaining. However, once they realized who he was, they whipped out their phones.

In a daze, an awkward-looking girl a little older than me handed Milo the box of donuts. She watched him closely and he smirked evilly as he turned to me. That caused the girl to look at me, and she glared real hard.

"Have a nice day Logan," the cashier said absentmindedly, and the girl nodded in agreement. Milo took his credit card back and put it in his pocket. I took the waters from the counter and we traipsed out of the café like two snobs.

Milo started to crack up once we were out of sight of the café. I looked at him and held back my own laughter. Something caught my eye and I turned around. I am not lying to you when I say a swarm of men with cameras was running at us from behind. Milo must have noticed too, because all of a sudden he grabbed my hand, tucked the box of donuts under his arm, and took off running. Away from Andrew's apartment I might add.

A few blocks later, I was panting like a really fluffy dog on a scorching day in Nevada.

"If you make me run another foot, I'll die," I wheezed, slowing my run down. Milo stopped for a brief second and looked over his shoulder.

"You had better make this quick," he mused, bending down. At first I was completely confused, then I realized he wanted me to hop on. I was going to say something stupid, but the paparazzi was barreling around the corner, so I leaped onto Milo's back and he started running again.

"Onward fine steed!" I yelled as we ran through a crowd of businessmen. They looked at Milo and me funny, but I smiled and shoved a donut in my face.

"If you eat all of those, I'll be very upset with you, not that you don't already owe me ten cookies." I swallowed and cocked my head to the side, tightening my grip as Milo leaped over a curb.

"But won't you be happy that I ate a ton of fattening donuts?" I asked innocently.

"Yes, but I didn't go through all of this trouble because you said that you were hungry," he stated, running across the street.

"Humph, well, it was your idea to go out in public, so I blame you for the trouble part. If you hadn't been a big shot and pulled out the plastic, we'd be enjoying these donuts in the café with some snooty folks staring us down as we shoved food in our faces." Milo laughed. Some more people turned to look at us funny. I waved at them and smiled. They just looked away. I can't say I wouldn't have done the same thing.

"You know, we have some serious issues. One minute we're all depressed and sulky, and the next we're running around down-town New York trying to escape the paparazzi looking like slobs and talking about stupid things. If you ask me, our children are in for a whole lot of therapy." I exploded in laughter, squeezing Milo's neck even tighter and pressing my head into his neck. "What?!" he asked, confused. I'm thinking that lack of medication makes Milo a little loopy. Same goes for me, I never took it today.

"Mr. Boone!" someone shouted from in front of us. Milo came to a stop. I looked up through teary eyes. That comment was funny...

There, in front of us, was a tall man with a microphone, and some other guy with a camera. They looked at us and smiled.

"Mr. Boone, do you care to give your fans a statement?" the micro-man asked. Ha, micro-man...

"I have fans?" Milo asked, shifting my weight to make him self more comfortable. The micro-man laughed.

"Of course you have fans. Were you unaware that you've recently been nominated for sexiest male of the year in Teen Touch?" the micro-man (reporter), chuckled.

"Uh, yes, I was unaware of that." That made me giggle. I leaned into his ear.

"Ooo, Milo has girls swooning over his hotness," I whispered, keeping myself from laughing too hard. Milo laughed though, which caused the reporter to look at me for the first time.

"So, who is this? The last statement we got was indecisive. Is she your girlfriend?" he asked, getting his microphone in Milo's face.

"Hmm, I suppose we could say that..." Milo smiled. I looked at the reporter and smiled. He stared at me.

"Does she have a name?" he asked.

"No, she's an orphan from Zimbabwe and she was never given a name, so I named her Orange." I buried my face in Milo's shoulder and laughed as quietly as possible.

A chorus of "Logan!" and "Mr. Boone!" came closer from behind us.

"Have a nice day Mr. Boone, we'll be in touch," the reporter stated before walking away. What a snob.

"Logan, why were you running from the public?" Milo turned around to a microphone in his face. A short little man was wearing a suit and staring up at us. How his arm was long enough to shove a microphone in Milo's face, I am uncertain.

"Well, we thought it would be a nice work-out. For me anyways."

"Interesting. Who is your friend?" he asked snottily.

"Oh! We told that other guy that I was his girlfriend," I answered, smiling as another man snapped a picture.

Now, almost all of the men following us were crowded around. Flashes weren't as bad in the day-time.

"What's her name, Mr. Boone?" another man asked. Milo looked toward him.

"We told the other guy her name was Orange. I like to be consistent." He held back laughter and looked at another man asking questions.

"Where have you been, Mr. Boone? You've been out of the public eye for quite sometime."

"I've been busy with school," was all Milo answered.

"How has the death of your brother affected you?" a bold man in the front asked. Milo stiffened and I gave him a squeeze.

"No comment," Milo replied.

After that, Milo's answers were shorter and more serious. That was a gloomy turn to our fun afternoon...

"How serious are you two?" a female reporter asked.

"Serious enough," Milo mumbled back. The woman nodded and wrote it down.

"How long has this relationship been going on?" another female asked.

"Long enough..." Milo mumbled again. This was sad. We were having fun and then that jerky reporter-guy had to rain on the parade. Jerk face...

"Do you love each other?" a man asked in the back. Milo was about to answer, but I clapped my hand over his mouth. He turned to look at me and I smiled.

"More than you'll ever know," I replied, acting like I was being all love-y.

"Logan, what do you have to say to that?" the man asked. I uncovered his mouth and rested my chin on his shoulder.

"I have to agree with her on that one..." I smiled that fake smile that I haven't used in a while, and then I nearly died...
♠ ♠ ♠
Ooooo. The caterpillar continues to change, I promise. =]