I Just Had to Lick the Cookie, Didn't I?

Don't Back Down

Someone start a fire,
I see you burning
Like a hole in the sky;
Someone start a fire
Let the light in,
We are alive


"Your parents are home," Milo whispered in my ear. I rolled over and sighed. The last thing I want is to wake up and see them again. Please God, deliver me and let me go where I belong. With you.

There was a light knock on the door and I sat up reluctantly.

"Adriaan, mind if I come in?" Shockingly, it was neither my mother nor my father, it was...Matthew. I looked at Milo, whose eyes were narrowed and body was tense.

"Is there a problem?" I asked warily. He looked at me.

"I don't like him." Well then, that's settled...

"Milo's naked, he'd prefer if you just came back later. We were sort of in the middle of something." I heard Matt's footsteps as he left. Milo's head whipped around to stare at me. "What?" I asked, confused.

"You do know that he probably thinks we were..." he cleared his throat and stared at me. I still didn't get it. "Adriaan, that kid probably thinks that we were...partaking in some sexual activities." My eyes widened and I realized how stupid I had been. 'We were sort of in the middle of something'?! What was I thinking?

"Oh dear...I didn't mean it like that. I'm just tired..." I stated apologetically. I really never meant it that way... Milo laughed.

"Hey, I don't mind, it made him go away," he said. I watched him closely. Why doesn't he like Matthew? I wonder. Everyone likes Matthew. Well, most people like Matthew, myself excluded since a while back.

"Why don't you like him?" I asked Milo curiously.

"He was rather rude to me." Something in Milo's eyes told me otherwise.

"And...?" I prodded, getting up and glancing around the room.

"He asked me if I was just into manically depressed females, or if our relationship was strictly intimate. I'm sure he's convinced of the latter." I laughed. All the more reason to hate Matthew. He always has been a jackass...

"I hate him," I laughed cheerily. Milo stared at me, probably confused.

"Then why exactly were you dating him?"

That made me cough. Cough and stop being cheerfully stupid. If Milo wants to know the story, he'll get it.

But not yet.

"I'll tell you some other time," I said. Milo sighed, but didn't argue. "I'm going to bed."

He didn't argue. Sure it's only six, but this house brings back too many memories. I can't stand to be reminded of it all. All of this is really just too much and the only way to escape is my medication...

"Adriaan, you need to shower," a voice whispered. I rolled over under the covers and groaned.

"I don't wanna, M'lo..." I whined. The voice chuckled obnoxiously. A hand caressed my cheek and whoever was talking to me was getting closer. "What are you doing?" I groaned and opened m eyes, reaching my hand up and pushing them away.

"I was trying to kiss you," he chuckled. I was a little shell-shocked to say the least.

"Could you repeat that please?" a cold growl grumbled from my doorway. When I turned my head, I mentally laughed.

First off, Milo's hair was wet, which means he took a shower. Second, he looks pretty bad... Someone was up a little late. Meaning my pookie poo had bags under his eyes. Oh, and he looked like he wanted to rip Matthew's head off. Which, by the way, I'm looking forward to watching.

Matthew turned around.

"I said that I was trying to kiss her." His face glowed and a smile played across his lips. Goddo I just want to stab him in the eye... "Is that a problem?" he asked smartly. I always hated it when he used that tone...

"Why the fuck wouldn't it be?!" Milo exploded, causing Matthew to stand up. Matthew crossed his arms and watched Milo.

"I don't believe you own her. She can do what she wants. And, I don't recall you telling me that you were together," Matthew informed Milo. Bad choice, asshole, bad choice...

"Are you kidding me?" Milo growled through his clenched teeth, balling his fists and stalking forward. "Do you know who I am? Because I'll bet the whole fucking world that you do. Which also means that somehow or another you know that Adriaan is my girlfriend!" he shouted. Matthew narrowed his eyes.

"So?"

"So!? So, if you ever touch her again I'll sue you and make sure your life is hell!" Milo yelled. Matthew laughed.

"You couldn't sue me, you're underage. You'd have to have your big rich daddy do it for you." Milo growled and I watched him restrain from lunging at the moronic ass in front of him.

"Are you kidding me? How stupid are you? You can't be any older than seventeen, and you're telling me I'munderage? Listen here you little bastard, I'm twenty years old, so if you want to pull that shit again, know now that I'll kick your ass so hard you'd be surprised," Milo sneered. He's been getting into some serious fights lately...

"Ha! You're probably some sort of ballerina. That really has me shaking in my granny slippers." Even worse choice, stupid moron. Shall't you never learn?

"That's it!" Milo roared, tearing his hoodie over his head and lunging full-force at Matthew. Hey, I'm always in for a good old fight. Especially when it's my fiancée beating the living shit out of my asshole ex boyfriend. Go Milo!

Sadly, that's the highlight of my day, and it wasn't that interesting. All Milo did was throw Matthew around a little and give him some giant bruises in various places. All below the shoulders...

After that, the day was just depressing. I spent a few hours preparing for the funeral, and then it was time to go. Just what I want to do on my Saturday.
♠ ♠ ♠
O_O Whoa.