I Just Had to Lick the Cookie, Didn't I?

Sleeping With Giants

I've noticed, people, they all have motives;
Different, yet all the same;
I fumble through every word that is spoken, and I barely knew your name;
I'm tongue-tied, it runs through my blood and my insides;
Some things we can't escape
But if we try, if we try, we can leave this behind


"Eww! I can see your butt!" I squealed, poking the latter. Milo jumped and turned around to glare at me.

"Do you see that right there?" he pointed to his butt, "That, is my butt, and that is something I would prefer you didn't touch. Thank you." He turned back around and leaned over to pull up his other sock. Being myself, I couldn't help but poke him again. "Adriaan!" he whined. "That's mybutt, I don't want you to touch it." Maelogan Madden Boone is soon-to-be twenty-one years old and he's whining like someone stole his cookie, which I've done...

"I can't help it, it's just so ugly looking." He glared at me again and whipped himself around dramatically. "Well, if you weren't wearing those nerdy shorts, we wouldn't be having this problem." Yet again, he turned around to face me.

"You'll regret saying that once you see me running," he stated, smiling.

"Oh really? And what does running have to do with your ugly butt?"

"Running changes everything when you're as amazing as I am," he said haughtily. I scoffed and picked up his bag and water bottle from the small table in our room. He walked up to my side and wrapped an arm around my shoulder. "You love me," he teased. I rolled my eyes and we left the room for soccer practice.

"Ugh, they all have ugly butts. Those shorts do nothingfor your figures."

"Oh please, like chaps are any better," Milo mumbled, shoving a towel in his bag. His words caused breath to catch in my throat and I couldn't breath. My eyes started to burn and--- "Are you okay? What did I do? Shit! Adriaan, take a breath, come on, you're alright," he ordered me. Somehow I managed to start breathing again. "Look at me," Milo whispered, holding my face in his hands. Fear was filling his eyes. "I didn't mean it. I---I shouldn't have said that. I'm sorry. Forgive me." I nodded.

"Just don't talk about...Equus Caballus. I can't handle that." Horses were like my drug, my life. I rode and drew, watched and fed, even washed and groomed them. I was lucky enough to own my own; to have a bond with one. We had others, but Morphic was mine. He was my precious.

Each time someone mentions anything that has to do with horses, anything that reminds me of them, I choke up. It kills me. My parents were cruel enough to buy a house in Maine with a barn, a barn to remind me constantly. The whole Boone breeding thing might be too much to handle too. If I have to be a part of that...

"I'll kick some hormonally out of control teenage boy ass for you, how's that?" I smiled at his effort.

"Sounds good," I smiled.

"Lovely, now get up and come meet the team." From there I was dragged over to a huddle of about sixteen boys. They all stared at me and I clung to Milo, acting like an infatuated girlfriend would. "Great, Adriaan, meet the First String Magma soccer team, the pride of F.J.D."

"Hello," I smiled. They all practically melted. So much for being 'strong, unemotional men'. Pathetic, and I'm not even all that pretty. I mean, look at me, I'm skin and bones and pale as hell. Oh wait, I forgot, anorexia is the attractivething as of lately. I blame the media... The bastards.

"First string, this is my girlfriend, Adriaan." If I could stab all of these kids' eyeballs out without being sick, I'd do it.

"Awright, boys, run three laps, I expect a fool practice from all of you! No slacking!" their coach shouted. He had an accent, British if I'm not mistaken. "'Ello there. Coach Dobbs, at your service. Pleasure to meet you." He smiled and stuck out his hand. I shook it and smiled back. "You can stand with me, nufin' to worry about, I'm a married man." I laughed at his friendliness and Milo let me go.

"I'm going to go warm up too," Milo said. The coach nodded and turned to watch his players run around the giant field.

"Jenkins, pick up those damn feet before I come out there and do it for ye!" he screamed. Milo chuckled from behind me and pulled my back into his chest.

"Forgive me for this," he whispered in my ear again. I was about to turn around to ask him what he meant, but I was too late. He stopped me by bringing his face around and pressing his lips on mine. After that, he let me go and ran away. Oh that little twat...

I couldn't look mad though, no. Adriaan had to look happy and embarrassed. I had to pretend I liked it. He's going to get a whole lot of shit from me later... Although, he does have a point about his butt while he's running. It doesn't look as demented.

Three hours later, I was sitting on the bench holding Milo's water bottle. Sixteen boys---plus Milo---came running off of the field. I had watched them kick around a ball and shoot it in a goal, pass it, and do random other crap with it until I was ready to claw my own eyes from my head. Soccer was so pointless. Really...

Most of them were drenched in sweat. Some of them had stripped from their practice jersey, Milo included. Ick. Him and his toned body... Pfft. So uninteresting, and yet part of the 'sexiest male alive'.

Milo stopped in front of me, throwing his soaked jersey to the ground. I looked up at him and handed him his water. He took a quick sip and gave me a small smirk.

"You know you want me," he teased.

"Oh, yep, you got me there," I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes and standing. "I'm just totally into your nasty sweat," I made a gesture to signify his whole body, "grass stains," I pointed to one, not touching it, "dirt and mud," I pointed to a spot of that, "and blood. Mmhmm, yep definitely what I---BLOOD!? Where did that come from?Are you alright?" I asked, exasperated. He was bleeding! From some random place I couldn't point out.

"Of course I'm alright, calm down," he smiled. "It's not mine." It wasn't his. Whew. Wait...

"You could get AIDS!" I screamed, narrowing my eyes and stepping closer. "We are so not having kids if you have AIDS. We won't even go through with the whole baby-making process, got it?" I told him in a low voice. He chuckled.

"Calm down, it's Teddy's. Trust me, Teddy does not have AIDS. He's gay and still a virgin." Alright-y then... Too much info... "Now let's go get ready for that dinner I promised." I nodded and gathered his nasty things, deciding to be nice. When I finished zipping his bag, he went to take it from me.

"Um, no, I've got it," I said. He smirked at me. Damn it, this isn't going to end too well.

Milo pulled me into him, making me make contact with his disgusting sweaty chest and armpit.

"I love you," he said, pretending to mean it. All of the boys had been watching us. When they heard the three words of death, their eyes widened in shock. Their eyes---along with mine---widened further when he pecked my lips again and then kissed my nose. He was asking for it...
♠ ♠ ♠
Taha. =]