I Just Had to Lick the Cookie, Didn't I?

The River

They say that evil comes disguised
Like a city of angels
I'm walking towards the light


"Get off!" I squealed jokingly, pushing Milo away. He laughed and dropped his bag---that he had practically ripped out of my hands---on the floor next to the door.

"Hey, it worked, didn't it?" he asked. Well, of course it worked. And now I'm going to have to deal with a ton of people expecting more from me than I can give. Seriously. Now we'll have to be 'all over each other' in a very discrete way.

"Oh, it worked," I growled cryptically. "And I swear to God, if you don't give me thirty cookies for that, I'll kill you in your sleep." He smiled.

"I'll make you some when we get to Idaho." (Insert loud choking noise here.)

"WHAT!?"

"I'll...make you some...when we get to Idaho?" he repeated unsurely. Idaho? Idaho? IDAHO!? No one ever said anything about Idaho! That has to be the most random state in the entire United States. Honestly, do you ever hear anything about Idaho? No. You hear about New York, and California, Mississippi, Arkansas---which is pretty random itself---and even Wisconsin, but do you ever hear anyone say anything about Idaho? No!

"You're kidding."

"Uh---well---um---no. We're going to stay in Idaho. There's a ranch up in the mountains. We'll be there for about a month by ourselves. Then everyone is coming for Thanksgiving. My parents are going to talk to us about this whole situation more after everyone else leaves. All of your stuff we left in Maine is probably already at the house. The dogs are going to be shipped there today and when we get there later we have to pick them up from the kennel." Holy mother of cheesy sticks. I'm never going to come back from the land of nowhere!

After Milo explained that we were going to Idaho, he went and took a shower. I went in after he was done so I could wash off his nasty sweat from mybody. Ew. Once I was done, I got dressed and left the steamy bathroom.

"Ready?" he asked, perched on the unmade bed he had slept in last night. I nodded and he got up. "I made reservations at a nearby restaurant. It's nice, though." He took a hold of my hand and led me from the room.

The restaurant was nice, very nice. It wasn't over the top and extravagant, but it was dressy in a casual sense of the word. Both Milo and I looked fine. Him wearing a pair of jeans---which I personally think is insaneconsidering how hot it is today---and me wearing a pale green sundress.

A tall lanky man with a French accent led us to a table and gave us menus. Later, another French man---a shorter and fatter one---came to take our orders. Milo ordered for us, speaking the French names of the cuisines perfectly. I've always wanted to speak French...

Dinner was delicious. Coming from me, that's a huge compliment. As you should already know, I'm a partial anorexic. In my mind, it means that I don't eat a lot. On the contrary, I tend to avoid eating and only do so on random occasions. That would explain my whole rib issue.

Well, after dinner, we rushed back to the room and packed whatever we had taken out. Once the room was back to normal, Milo called a cab and we were driven to the airport.

"You can have your own room until my parents show up," Milo randomly broke the silence. Tons of other people were on the plane. We weren't taking the private jet for some reason or another. I didn't really care though. "There's about..." he stopped talking and started to wiggle his fingers. I'm going to guess and say he was counting. "Twenty rooms or so." I choked and widened my eyes.

"You never said we were staying in an elephant house. It's going to be so quiet and empty." Did I ever mention my fear of wide open spaces and large homes? Probably not. Yes, well, I'm Agoraphobic. Seriously. I'm not a spaz and freak out like no other, but I will start to hyperventilate. That's why I refuse to visit the Midwest. Way too open for me. Adriaan likes trees. Lots and lots of trees. Large, flat spaces are a no-no. And for large houses, you have NO idea what I mean. Big mansions are alright, but gigantic castle-like homes are creepy. Hotels are sort of pushing my limits, considering they aren't actually a home.

"Sorry about that. It shouldn't be that bad. The dogs will be there, and I don't have any work to do. We could always visit the city or something. And I still have to take you shopping and all. Unless you'd rather wait to do that for Christmas... Actually, we have to go shopping. You need a dress for Thanksgiving." Someone likes to ramble.

"Speaking of Thanksgiving, who's coming to that?" I asked, curious.

"We'll have to share a room as soon as my parents get there. My mom said that she's coming the day after my birthday, as usual. After they get there, Jane and Charlie usually show up a day or so later with Cadan and his fiancée Elise. When Wayland was alive, he used to come later that day with Jennifer. Jennifer is his wife; she's the one that just had Abigail. She'll probably come." This should be fun.

"I---"

"I'm not done." Holy crap. "All of our other relatives show up sometime between then and the day before Thanksgiving. My grandparents---the ones you met---will probably come with my parents or Cadan. Jennifer's family will come, and Elise's too. My uncle Whitmore comes with my Aunt Barb and my cousin Tammy. Andrew should be coming, unless he's still angry. My mom's parents come as well, so both sets of my grandparents will be there. There's my mom's entire family, too. Uncle Christopher and Aunt Diana with Louis and Gina. Aunt Mary and Uncle Robert with Leona, Paris, Vienna, and London. Then Uncle Victor and Aunt Trish with Max and Michael. All in all, about thirty-six people should be coming, including the baby and not us."

Holy. Shit. Is that even possible? How many people can belong to one family!? A lot I suppose...

Around seven hours later, we landed. Apparently the Boones have a garage of cars here in Idaho, because when Milo called this guy on his phone, he said something along the lines of 'the one in slot six'. Yeah, I'm going to assume that they have a spiffy garage full of cars. Sounds good to me.

Turns out Milo had a driver bring us an old pick-up truck. Not something I thought he would own, but still. So, after we got our bags and stuff, we drove around to the airport kennel. Both Milo and I were excited to pick up our dogs. Fox and Leo were pretty happy about it too. They actually get along with each other rather well. That's a good thing because they'll be together for a long time.

Once all of us were comfortable and buckled in, Milo revved the engine and started to drive. At least Idaho wasn't flat because if it was, the long drive in the middle of nowhere would have driven me insane.
♠ ♠ ♠
=]