I Just Had to Lick the Cookie, Didn't I?

You, Me and My Medication

We're all looking for something to take away the pain...
We're all looking for someone to take away the pain...
We're all addicted to something that takes away the pain...


"…more kids?" someone was asking. I looked to see who: Caroline. My mother wasn't facing me, but I saw her nod. Fuck her. I got up.

"Excuse me for a minute." I told Jane. She seemed disappointed that I was leaving. No one really cared that I was leaving, other than Jane. No one stopped me, or asked questions. I bet they were engrossed in my mother's account of my sister, Faith. That bitch, I hope she realizes she just ruined my 'new life'.

Luckily I found the door easily. Thankfully it was freezing outside. Mercifully it was black as black. Praise Maine for getting dark quickly.

The ground was soft under my bare feet. Those stupid heels were ditched next to the car. I'm walking away from the house; it's too bright to wallow there. The woods seemed promising. I found a tree and leaned against it, sinking to the ground. At least it isn't wet too, otherwise I'd get soaked.

I can't believe she couldn't just lie. She had to bring her up, bring up my fucking mistake. Fuck her… There was a low growl. Maybe a wolf will come out and attack me. That'll land me a place in the hospital too. But that will just make them even angrier… the growl was closer, and then there was a crack. Like a twig.

"Fox, shut up." Whoa Nelly. Who the hell…? Footsteps came closer after the growling stopped. As soon as it was basically next to me, it growled again. Joyness. "Fox." The voice was stricter than before. Maybe it was a dog… Yep, it just sniffed me. I can't see it though, or this other thing. "Fox, let's go." The dog whimpered and the voice sighed. Then it came closer, what the freak?

"Who the fuck are you?" I asked angrily. I was wallowing in my pity; I'd prefer to be alone, thank you.

"I might ask you the same question." The voice laughed. It laughed! And opened a cell phone. Genius…

"How about you shouldn't care. Now go away." I tend to get bossy when I'm upset, which I am.

"Actually, I live here, so I can't do that. My mother would have a heart attack if… Hmm, she might actually appreciate that." Get on board the ship, pal. My mother dearest would practically jump for joy. At least that's how she acts. "I'm Milo by the way." He offered a hand that I could barely see. I ignored it and got up myself. Adriaan is not weak.

"That's real lovely and all, but I don't care." He dropped his hand once I was on my feet.

"I'm glad you think so. My parents aren't too thrilled with that identity." I'm confuzzled.

"Excuse me?" Answers never hurt anyone…right? He chuckled.

"My name's Maelogan. They like to call me Logan, but I never took to it. Milo sounds better." That it does… Whoa, what did I just think? Oh well. I started to walk back to the house. Stalker man followed. "So do you have a name or what?" Persistent little bugger.

"Adriaan, yes I'm a girl, and I'm not a lesbian." I'm serious here people, and the freak laughed.

"I wouldn't have thought different, trust me." I don't trust people too often. Especially after the last time…

"I'm afraid I can't do that." The house was getting closer, and the stalker's phone went off. He answered. If I was who I was a year ago right now, I would have broke out in dance to his random ring-tone.

"Yes mother?" He was silent for a moment, but I could hear some faint screaming. "I'll be right there," he said casually. "That's exactly why I left in the first place. She thinks that she owns me." He held the phone away from him. "Mother, I don't like her." Silence. "Whatever, I'll be in, in a few seconds. What's for dinner?" His head nodded in the dull light of the house. "Sounds… good? Okay, see you soon." He flipped the phone shut and sighed.

"So what's for dinner?" I asked in a smartass tone.

"Something about trout. We've never had it before. My mom suddenly has this fascination with fish." I scoffed a laugh. "What's funny? I've been tortured for the past month." Ha, ha, sucker.

"I'm being forced to eat the one thing I can't stand: fish." Can't stand the stuff. Ew, it has scales and eyeballs. Nasty.

"Why are you being forced?" One, I've been a partial anorexic for the past twelve months, and two, if I don't eat it my mom will murder me when we get home.

"My mom would go all homicidal on me if I didn't eat it. It would be 'rude'." I air quoted my mother. She did say that once.

"I've heard that before. My mom got me to eat cow brains with that lecture. I'll never do it again; I just poke and move on." He poked the air with a disgusted face. I laughed a little. Oh. My. I laughed! Quick, hide me from myself! I want to shoot me!

"Where have you-!" Caroline screamed when Milo opened the door, but then she saw me and shut up. "I see you met Adriaan." (Insert stupid perfect smile here.) "She's the new neighbor. She and her mother are here for dinner." Milo looked over at me and raised an eyebrow. Then he walked into the house. I was going to too, but I realized my shoes were still outside. Quickly I ran back to get them and slipped them on at the car. Caroline stood in the door, confused. A big black dog ran in and she jumped to the side. "Logan! Why is that here?" Ha, ha. I have that problem too. My parents hate Leo.

"Mom, he's not going to kill you or something." Milo was beside his mother rolling his eyes.

"Get. It. Out." Milo sighed and walked into the house to get the dog. He came back a second later with the dog by the collar. I stood, arms crossed, at the car. Milo came up next to me and released his dog.

"She thinks he wants to tear her apart, but I would never let him." the dog sat and cocked his head at me. "I'd want to do that myself." I laughed as we headed back to the house. That really needs to stop.
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't stop reading, I PROMISE it gets better.