I Just Had to Lick the Cookie, Didn't I?

Handshake Heart Attack

Careful what you say
You're turning me on
My own contradictions made out
Careful what you say
It's turning me on
We've burned all the pieces
Made out

"Psst, Adriaan," a voice whispered in my ear. I swatted at the unknown target and groaned.

"Let me sleep..." The voice chuckled. It was Milo; I could tell by the way he laughed.

"It's three in the afternoon, you've slept long enough. You need to shower...and I need to talk to you."

"Ugh. I hate life." Milo chuckled again and I felt him grab my wrists. My body began to sit up, something I wasn't doing, but Milo was. I kept my eyes closed in a desperate attempt to continue my sleeping.

"Come on, don't you want to smell pretty?" he teased. With a deep breath, I opened my eyes. Milo was watching me intently with a smile on his face.

"This is ridiculous; can we just not go?" I complained. He shook his head.

"That wouldn't be a good idea. Plus, they need to meet you. Once we're officially engaged, they'll be pissed if they haven't met you yet."

"Fine," I whined and attempted to get out of bed. Milo's hold was tight, and I had to look at him before he realized that he needed to let go.

Reluctantly, I went into the bathroom to shower. The mirrors were steamy, which meant Milo had probably taken a shower too. Thank God for abnormally large water heaters...

I slid my pajama pants off and kicked them into a corner. Next, I pulled off my tee-shirt and threw it on top of my pants. One of the mirrors that wasn't too wet caught my eye. Somewhere deep inside of me I really wanted to look at myself. Not in a conceited way or to check and see how 'fat' I was, but...just to see me. I decided against it and pulled off my remaining clothing items before hopping in the shower.

After an hour of practically scalding water pouring over me, I turned off the shower and stepped out. The moist air outside of the shower's enclosure was cool, and I immediately wrapped a soft white towel tightly around my body. My hair was basically soaked, but I didn't really care at the moment.

"Please, just go. I do notwant to see you right now." Milo's voice was loud enough for me to hear from inside the bathroom. Out of curiosity, I put my ear to the door.

"You have got to be kidding me, Logan. I've seen that...thingyou're apparently with. She's a nobody, and an ugly nobody at that." This voice was new to me. Female, definitely snotty, and I could just picture her bitchiness... Oh the things I wish I could do. Too bad I'm weaker than a chipmunk. And I was more than tempted to burst out of the bathroom and tell her off, but who was I to say she was wrong? For all I know, every Milo-fan out there thinks I'm an ugly snob. That and I really wanted to see if Milo would say anything to stick up for me...

"You don't even knowher. And you know what? I'm sick and tiredof hearing this sort of shit from you! I'm sorry you're too damn arrogant to admit that someone's better than you! That I could have feelings for anyone other than you! Just give it up Allison; I don't like you, never have, never will. Give it up and let it go."

I'd heard enough. I felt a little better knowing that Milo didn't exactly let her get away with that, but he never really stuck up for me.

I decided to play innocent, and walk out all oblivious to the whole thing. This Allison brat was going to feel the heat, because Adriaan Anabell Ryker doesn't play well with others. Especially with these legs and a towel this small.

Clumsily, I pushed open the door and stumbled a bit. All on purpose of course. I let out a small giggle as I caught my balance. It wasn't hard to feel the eyes on me, and that's exactly what I wanted.

"Hey Milo," I said, looking up and putting on that oh-so-innocent face. He tore his gaze from some stupid blonde standing by the door. His gaze was full of hate and disgust, but hers was too. Only hers was directed at me. Oh, who's your daddy now, bitch?Well, technically mommy, but anyway...

"Yes?" he asked, a little startled when he saw me. Allison is going to watch her hope and dreams with Milo crashand burn.

"Um...I was just wondering..." I trailed off, looking at the floor and tracing a circle in the carpet with my toe. I knew Allison---and Milo for that matter---was watching, and so I made sure to reveal a little more of my long, smooth legs than necessary. I'm bad, I know. Live with it.

"Wondering what?" he asked kindly, walking toward me. Discretely, I looked up with a quick glace at Allison before resting my eyes on Milo. He was extremely close now, less than two feet away. Allison looked furious.

"Who's she?" I asked, looking at her and meeting Milo's hard chest. He had a tight black tee shirt on and he wrapped an arm around my shoulder. I tried my best to hold the small towel in place, but you know...innocent little Adweein can't do anything herself... (I make myself proud. Thank you, thank you.)

"Oh, Adriaan, this is Allison Richards. Allison, this is my stunninggirlfriend Adriaan," he introduced. Allison stuck her nose up slightly. Pfft. Snot bag.

Allison walked towards us a little with her lips pursed.

Just as she was about to say something, I shifted and grabbed Milo's other hand---the one not around my shoulder---and placed it where my hand that had been holding the towel up was.

"I have to scratch my leg, hold this," I whispered. His eyebrows rose, and I giggled, nearly killing myself for doing so. "You had better not be thinking anything silly, mister. That's for later," I whispered the last part, but Allison still heard. And just to piss her off, I leaned over a little and pulled up part of the towel to scratch my thigh. If you could have seen the look on her face.

"What is she, some sort of stripper?" Allison spat. I stood up straight and looked sadly at Milo. He gave me a loving look before looking back and Allison.

"No, but if she was, she'd be my stripper."

"Ugh, please. I honestly fail to see how you could be with her. She's so...plain. Come on, Milo what were you th---"

"Don't fucking call me that," he growled, interrupting her rant. "You have no right addressing me so informally in my home. Unless I say you can call me that, you won't. So don't fucking call me that." Her jaw nearly fell to the floor. A sight to see, I swear.

"You have to be kidding! How could you chose her over me? Over this?" she demanded. My eyes widened. She seriously hadn't just said that in front of my face... Oh, this bi---brat was going to get it.

"Excuse me?" I asked in shock. She scowled and eyed me up and down before looking me straight in the eye.

"You heard me, freak. He's too good for you. Way too good for you. And this whole family is too good for you. You're just some ugly little anorexic whore he picked up off the street. He doesn't know what it's like to be in a realrelationship." Oh no she didn't. Bratty Allison girl is going to freaking die!

"And what exactly does a 'real relationship' consist of?" I asked calmly, holding in the anger for the showdown.

"Certainly not you. Honestly, what could you possibly do for him? Do you just do him every five seconds?" she spat.

I went to take a step forward and felt a tug. Realizing Milo still held my towel, I grabbed it from him.

"For your information, I'm not pathetic enough to screw my boyfriend every chance I get. Oh, and by the way, Allison, thanks for the fucking compliment!" I screamed, walking forward. She got scared and backed off, giving me the evil eye.

"Great choice babe," she looked back at Milo from the doorframe, me stalking toward her. "You're dating a psychopath." With that, she turned and stormed from the room and down the hallway. Anger rose up within me and I ran to the door and looked down the hallway. Allison had just happened to look back at that second. She must have seen my expression, because she ran for it after that.

"That's right, you better run bi---!" A hand clapped over my mouth before I could finish the nasty name I was about to call Allison, which she totally deserved.

"Don't piss her off even more," Milo advised, pulling me back into the room and giving me a light push; which landed me on the bed in a slightly awkward position on my back.

From my spot on the bed, I watched Milo walk back to the door and close it. Once the door was securely closed, he turned to me with a huge smile on his face.

"I don't think I've ever seen you fight with someone before. Other than that one time at your house, but... You're funny," he laughed.

"I'm glad you enjoyed that," I replied, crossing my legs so that if anyone happened to see up the small towel, they wouldn't see anything.

"So...what was with the whole...making Allison jealous thing?" he asked, grinning. What? I was so not trying to make Allison Richards jealous. Nuh uh, no way...right? I mean, was I?

"Did it seem that way?" I questioned. That hadn't been my first priority, but if it worked... Ha, ha, snot bag!

"A little bit, but hell, it worked. The downside is she'll try and win me over even harder." It...worked? Oh, hell yes. Take that, Allison!

"Really?"

"Yep," he smiled. "And she's pissed about it now."

"Why? Seriously, that girl could have beat me down. I'm like, a twig. All bone, a teensy bit of fat, and about, two percent muscle. She could have kicked my ass."

"Yes, she could have, but she wants you to make the first move. That way you'll be the one ruining your reputation, not her. That and she wouldn't want to ruin her three-hundred dollar manicure and her 'perfect little face'."

How lame.

"Are you serious?" I scoff, and laugh.

"Would I lie to you?" he asked me. Would he?

"Eh, I don't know..." I said slowly, and looked up at him. Milo frowned slightly from the side of the bed where my legs dangled off.

"I honestly would never lie to you. I may keep some things to myself for personal reasons, but I would never lie," he replied seriously. I smiled devilishly at him.

"Prove it." Milo stared at me, trying to find the joke. Of course I was kidding, but I still wanted him to prove it. This would be fun.

"Well, fine then, I will," he smiled back.

"Get on with it," I prodded, sitting up. His eyes scanned me over. A wicked smile came over his features and I wondered briefly what I had gotten myself into.

"Do you really want me to say this?" he asked with a smirk. I nodded. "Here it goes..." he sighed. "Frankly, you have the sexiest legs I have ever seen on a woman. Oh, and let me tell you, I've seen more legs than you could possibly imagine."

I blushed.

"You---" I started, until I realized something. I just freaking blushed! I never blush ever! The realization just made it worse, and me cheeks grew even hotter. So, I looked down at my apparently sexy legs.

"Are not lying," he finished for me. "I can prove it to you when we go down for dinner, which by the way is in two hours, but we have to be down in thirty."

"Oh, I almost forgot." With a deep breath---to hopefully make that damn redness go away---I looked up at him. "I talked to Elise last night. She wanted me to tell you she's sorry, and that she hopes you forgive her." Milo smiled and sat next to me.

"Of course I forgive her. She's half the reason I tolerate Cadan." Slowly, I looked up at him. "Hey, what did my uncle want to talk to you about?" he inquired, meeting my gaze.

"Will you end up getting mad if I tell you?"

"Probably not, whatever it was, you most likely deserve to know, and I just don't have the guts to tell you," he told me. His eyes were blocked again. One of these days, I'm going to knock it down and see the real him all of the time.

"He told me all about...you know, stuff. How you're apparently the stupidest person in the world," I laughed. Milo smiled.

"I can't believe he told you that. He makes it seem all perfect and happy; that I'm some sort of genius." I cracked up right there. Of course the genius would DENY that he's a genius. Wow.

"Come on, I think it's sexy," I laughed, poking him in the side. He chuckled, and I bounced onto his lap. "You know, now that I think about it..." I said, leaning my head back on to his shoulder, "your whole mad talent thing might beat Linkin Park lyrics. Especially since I heard you can sing. Now you can write me songs all of the time and I can bask in your utter hotness!" I shouted.

"Are you mocking me?" he asked dully. Aw, he probably got teased a lot... Poor Milo.

"Only I little," I giggled. "Other than that, I'm serious. You're...dare I say it, moderately attractive, and with all of your mysterious talents, it sort of, you know...makes you sexy." Milo laughed at my statement. Hey! It's true!

"Are you sure I'm only moderately attractive? Not unbelievably handsome or gorgeous?" he teased. I glared at his jaw, since that's all I had a view of.

"Not if you start getting cocky on me," I pouted. He chuckled again.

"Fine, I'll keep my opinions of myself to myself. Now, we should get ready." I groaned and stood up. Thanksgiving is going to suck major ass, although... I might be able to pull a few dirty tricks from my sleeve for Allison. Oops, I mean Snot-bag.
♠ ♠ ♠
*is about to throw up from watching creepy movies* O_o