I Just Had to Lick the Cookie, Didn't I?

You're Beautiful

You're beautiful, it's true
There must be an angel with a smile on her face,
When she thought up that I should be with you
But it's time to face the truth,
I will never be with you


Silence.

That's what the entire ride was. This Melody lady was not very friendly. At all. What was Gary thinking? And me, girl time? Hell. No.

"We're here," Melody grumbled as the town car stopped. She pulled her purse over her shoulder and just sat there. At first I was confused, but then the car door was opened from the outside by the driver.

Melody slid out and I followed. Once we were both out the door slammed and the driver got back into the driver's seat. She started walking toward a big, fancy-looking building. I followed her from behind, noting her legs.

Damn her.

I've always wanted nice legs, and I don't really believe Milo.

"This is Mr. Hussein's boutique. Feel free to look around until I come to find you. It doesn't technically open for another hour and the employees won't be here," Melody told me with her boring, monotone voice.

We walked up to the front doors and she walked in. I followed.

Everywhere you looked was a dress. For serious.

"I'll be in the back." With that, Melody walked away. At least the lights were on.

I sighed and then decided to at least look. There were racks upon racks of dresses. Honestly, there were too many to count.

I've never really been a fan of wearing dresses. Seeing as I grew up having to and such, it got boring after a while. Plus, there was a point in time when I was a fatty and wearing dresses was embarrassing. However, I have always known that if there was that dress, the perfect one, I would want it. Especially my wedding dress. My wedding dress would be perfect, beautiful, and I would feel at home in it. That's what I wanted.

The funny thing is, I was just shuffling down one aisle, glancing at some of the dresses here and there when I realized that they were all white. And then I looked to the end of the aisle and nearly fainted.

That was it.

This was the dress.

That, right there, in all its dress glory, was the dress I wanted to wear on my wedding day...

My trans was broken when I heard a loud clicking noise. When I turned around I saw Melody standing with some other woman---way on the other side of the large practically one-room building---propping open the inner doors to the shop. Then I noticed that there was a small gathering of women outside. One of them, even from this far away, looked familiar, but I couldn't place her.

Once Melody and the other woman were done with the inner doors, the other woman pressed some light-up thing on the wall, which caused another clicking noise. That's when the small mob of women outside just started waltzing right in.

First thing to come to mind? Uh...

Melody and that other woman walked back to where they had come from, being replaced by three more women. Just as these three women that looked like employees came from the back, the small mob emerged into the interior of this big fancy building. Immediately their voices filled the air, and I felt my stomach tighten.

What if they recognized me? What if they didn't? What do I say? What if they're famous? So many worries...

I resolved to attempt an act normal until Melody came to have my measurements taken. In a desperate attempt to seem 'cool', I walked up to my dream dress and nearly fainted. Seriously, this dress was it. It was the one.

Out of nowhere, I took in what I was wearing. Not exactly my typical style, but necessary. I mean, I could tolerate it and maybe a year ago I might have worn it without having to be persuaded, but it just wasn't me anymore.

Denim shorts, white tank, striped blue button-up, and white heels. Number one, it's December. Two, I'm embarrassed of my legs. Three, I have no idea. Come on though, shorts in winter? In New York? How Milo got me into this was a miracle.

"Oh, wow, that's a beautiful dress," a voice said behind me. Before I turned around, took a deep breath and composed myself after being scared to death.

"It is, isn't it?" I asked, turning to face the woman. It's the one that looked familiar. Who the freak was she!?

"Nancy Newman," she greeted, smiling and holding out her hand. I shook it and smiled back.

"Adriaan Ryker." Nancy gasped when she took her hand back.

"No way, you're kidding." She seemed shocked and skeptical, but honestly wanting it to be true.

"No," I laughed. "I'm Adriaan." She bubbled and let out a squeal of delight.

Nancy was a little older. She wasn't, like, really old and wrinkly, but it wasn't like she was twenty again. No, Nancy was a sun-kissed dirty blonde in her late twenties or early thirties. She was thin, and fairly attractive. Her smile was beautiful, and she radiated this sort of glow.

Who the hell was she!? Where do I know her from?

"I've been so anxious to meet you," she told me happily. "Maelogan called the other day to schedule his photo shoot. He told me he'd be bringing you along, but I never expected to meet you before then!" Nancy seemed so happy. I smiled and then I remembered who she was. At last.

Nancy Newman is the editor of Teen Touch magazine. She always gets the right facts about everyone, and has a ton of great information in her issues.

"It's nice to meet you too," I laughed out. Nancy giggled.

"So what brings you here?" she questioned. Not really sure, I shrugged.

"Milo and I met with Gary Hussein earlier and they went off to do something. Gary had me come here to get measurements taken. I assume they're for the dress he's supposed to be making for me."

Nancy gasped and covered her opened mouth with her hand.

"Gary Hussein is making you a dress? For the Christmas Ball?" she interrogated.

"Uh, I think so."

"Damn, you're lucky. There are celebrities that have been pounding his door down forever to have him personally make them a dress. He always turns them down. Those people are going to be pissed that he's making you one, especially since you technically have no fame of your own."

I nodded in understanding. Trust me, I know the feeling.

"I really wasn't looking to make anyone mad. Hopefully they won't try to kill me," I attempted to make humor out of the situation, but now I'm nervous. What if they do get pissed about it?

"Ah, don't worry about it. I doubt Maelogan would let them hurt you. Plus, they're just a bunch of snobs. There are a few nice ones out there, but over the years the fame's gone to their heads. Some of them are just dumb to begin with. Yeah they do nice things and have some kindness in them, but there's still a shark tank out there."

Deep breaths. That's what I did. I took, long, deep breaths.

"So, what brings you to the wedding dresses?" Nancy asked, nudging me with her elbow. I shrugged.

"Melody told me to look around, so I did. I've been here for nearly an hour and this was the last section I had to go through."

"Oh," Nancy said.

"You aren't going to use my words against me, right?" I asked her warily. What if I said something wrong or too revealing? She could destroy my reputation, and Milo's for that matter.

"Heavens no. I always get the facts straight, and besides, I love Maelogan. He's one of the nicest, most down to earth celebrities I have ever met. Actually, no, he's the nicest and most down to earth celebrity I've met. That young man is a catch I tell you, a catch. After all of the years he's been in the spotlight, it shocks me that he still remains sane."

A small laugh escapes me. Milo isfairly down to earth... Except for when he's angry. But I still admire him for everything. Think about it, all of the things he has gone through, everything he still has to deal with, and he's not bitter or resentful. He has his days when he's a little down, but at least he doesn't take it out on me.

My phone began to ring. I pulled it from my shorts' pocket and answered.

"Hello?" I asked. I probably should have checked the caller ID.

"How's it going?" Milo asked in a silly way; it made me giggle. Gah, I hate when I giggle.

"Fine. What are you doing?" I asked curiously.

"Not important. So..." he trailed.

"So..." I mimicked. This phone call sort of hurt. Before, I hadn't noticed how much I actually missed him. We've never been this far away really. For the past month and more we've practically been joined at the hip. Now he isn't right here next to me, he isn't holding my hand and keeping me safe from ridiculous press exposure. I miss him.

"Um, Gary wants to come be with you," Milo told me after our long---not so awkward---silence.

"Okay. When is he coming?"

"He's on his way right now," he informed me, seeming slightly down.

"Are you coming too?" I asked shyly, quieter this time.

"No, I have some other stuff I need to do..."

"Alright," I said, sort of sad. It's been an hour and a half since I've seen him, and I have no idea where he is. I hate this feeling.

"Adriaan, I... I miss you. Honestly. I mean, there aren't any people here filming me and basically making me act the part. I honestly, you know...miss you."

My heart pounded in my chest and my breath caught for a second. Maelogan Madden Boone missed my presence.

"I--I miss you too." Nancy was watching me, so I forced myself to cry a little. Couldn't let her be suspicious, right?

"Really?" he asked, happier.

"Of course," I laughed at him.

"Good, well, I'm going to let you go. We'll do something later, alright?"

"Sounds good." There was a click and then I hung up my phone, putting it back in my pocket. Nancy sighed at me with a huge smile on her face.

"That has to be just about the cutest phone call I've ever listened to," she beamed. I smiled and wiped the few fake tears that had fallen. "I can see why he likes you. And besides, you two look fabulous together. Adorable."

"Nancy!" someone shouted. Running footsteps came thundering toward Nancy and me.

"Gary!" she screamed, turning around to embrace an out of breath Gary.

"I see you've already met Milo's girlfriend," he said when they broke apart. Nancy smiled and nodded. "So what brings my Nancy-kins here?" he asked her.

"I had some designs and stuff for you. I gave them to Melody already."

"Awesome, I'll look them over later. Right now, I have a date with the future Mrs. Maelogan Madden Boone."

I nearly died. Did he know? If he did, didn't he know we couldn't say anything?

"Oh, sweetie, calm down," he said. "I just think you and my Milo would be a great match. You already are. No need to pale over it," he chuckled. That calmed me down.

"I'll get going then," Nancy said, hugging Gary again. "I'll see you next month," she told me, giving me a hug too.

With that, Nancy Newman left, leaving Gary and I alone together.

"I really think you and Milo are adorable together," he whispered. I made myself blush and look at the floor. Gary looked me over. "You have amazing legs. I know plenty of women that would kill to have yours." This time I blushed for real.

"So, did you find anything you liked? I can use it for inspiration on your Christmas dress."

Not exactly...

"Promise not to laugh?" I asked him bashfully. Gary smiled, probably because he hadn't heard me speak yet.

"Of course!"

I shuffled my feet before looking up at him.

"I found a wedding dress." Now here come the lies. "I know I probably won't get married in a while, but I really, really, really, really, really, really---"

"Shh," he interrupted me. "Show me." His smile glowed and I gazed at him.

"That one," I said, pointing right at the dress I had been standing next to this whole time. Gary's smile grew.

"I always knew that this would happen. I knew it!" he laughed and walked up to the mannequin that had my dress on it. He shoved her under his armpit and then grabbed the skirt to the dress so it wasn't dragging. That mannequin looked rather uncomfortable, but that's what she gets for wearing my dress.

William and Caroline would kill me if they found out that I was looking at wedding dresses. On the plus side, I think I can make everyone believe I was just browsing and felt like trying a dress on.

"Come in here with me," Gary said, leading the way into the back and then to a rather large changing room.

Gary set the mannequin down and then closed the door. He smiled at me before turning and picking up a measuring tape from a small table.

"Get up there and ditch the clothes," he ordered humorously. I did as he said and got up on the round white platform. He looked down at a clip board, writing furiously, as I pulled off most of my clothes. I kept two obvious items on. Surprisingly, I wasn't uncomfortable. I've been dressed just like this in front of Milo millions of times, and Gary's gay. At least, I'm pretty sure he is...

"Oh, wow," he said when he looked up at me. I blushed and looked down. "You're a little twig, huh?" he laughed.

"That's what Milo says too," I informed him as he came closer. Gary chuckled and shook his head. He straightened the measuring tape and got up on the platform with me. Gary proceeded to take my measurements. Occasionally he'd have me do this or that, but it didn't take all that long. After each measurement, he'd pick up the clipboard and write down the numbers.

"Alright, I'm done with that, but now I'd like for you to do me a favor," he smiled deviously. I nodded nervously. "I want you to try this on," he said, grabbing the mannequin once again, but this time pulling the dress off carefully.

My stomach did a back flip. I was so excited. This was like a dream come true, and I wanted this dress. It was going to be mine.

Gary finally had the dress off of the headless mannequin and he brought it to me.

"Put it on, and then I'll get the back."

Carefully, I slipped my legs into the dress and pulled it up. Once it was basically on, Gary got behind me. I held up the dress with my hands until Gary took it for me.

"You'll have to say goodbye to the bra, Hun," he said seriously. I did as he said and then as soon as it was gone, he pulled the laces in the back. It was almost like a corset, but I didn't care. This would be my dress. It had to be.

When he was done, Gary stepped away and got off of the platform thing. He came and walked around to be in front of me. His eyes widened.

"Sweet Jesus of Heaven..." he muttered, still staring.

"What?" I asked nervously, praying that it didn't look bad. This dress just had to be it. It had to.

"I'm putting this thing in the storage room. It isn't going to see the light of the world again until you get married."

Did that mean...?

I smiled idiotically.

"This dress is yours, sweetie. Even if you and Milo don't work out, I'll still let you have it. Any other human being wearing it would disgrace the image I'm getting right now. It's yours."

Thank God.

And I don't even know when I'm getting married.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3 I love this. =]